Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There really isn't an obvious opponent for Undertaker this year. I don't think Brock Lesnar would be very good, because A) Lesnar has beaten Taker three times already, B) He may be too rough for Taker at this point.

Also, recent Undertaker WM matches have not had much of a story, sans being about "The Streak."

Here is what I think would be sweet: have Kane come back, unmasked and completely brainwashed as a member of the Wyatt Family. Have him dress like Harper and Rowan and worship Bray. Have him participate in the beat downs, etc. Give Bray Wyatt either the Intercontinental or US title, and really build the stable up as a psychotic, dangerous cult. It would help if they feuded with a fairly big name, someone along the Punk/Sheamus mold and have them come out victorious, all the while Kane remaining brainwashed and helping them out.

Eventually, around Rumble/Elimination Chamber time, find some way to get Taker on TV and get beat down by The Family (not really sure how this would come about). Have it lead up to Bray Wyatt vs Undertaker at WM 30, with a build up of Taker getting dominated by the Wyatts. At their WM match, have it be an evenly matched, intense duel. Towards the end, as Taker is looking like he has victory in his grasp, Harper and Rowan come in and start beating him down. Wyatt and Kane watch, while Bray laughs sadistically. Harper and Rowan hold Taker, and Wyatt commands Kane to finish him off. Kane hesitates and can't bring himself to do it. Wyatt is outraged, knocks Kane out of the ring, and goes for the Kiss of Death on Taker. Right as he is about to do it, Kane comes back in the ring, takes out Harper and Rowan, and chokeslams Wyatt. Taker tombstones him, match over, leaving Kane and Undertaker alone in the ring, where after a few seconds of tension, they embrace.

So, good idea, or not?

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Wyatt's are midcard talent. Undertaker has fought only main eventers at Wrestlemania (Maina 22 exception). It would be a big regression if he fought Wyatt's.

It's good for any other PPV besides mania.

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
I wouldn't mind this, way better than doing fucking Ryback/Taker.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wyatt's are midcard talent. Undertaker has fought only main eventers at Wrestlemania (Maina 22 exception). It would be a big regression if he fought Wyatt's.

It's good for any other PPV besides mania.
True, but I figured if they build him up a bit it shouldn't be too hard to make the guy seem credible. If the story is done correctly it shouldn't really matter. I also think having Kane involved would legitimize the story. It think it's time they use the part timers to build stars of the future. But I can see why people would have a problem with it.

·
Registered
702 Posts
One idea (they won't do it). Have Undertaker win the wwe championship at extreme rules and turn heel in the process. Add this to Bryan winning the royal rumble. Bill the match as Bryan's last chance at the wwe title. You'll have Bryan's ascension going up against taker's streak. Stakes couldn't be higher!

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.