Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If WWE decides to not unify the titles at Mania, here is my idea for the WHC match:

Edge and Christian reunite on Smackdown. After a few weeks, Christian turns on Edge during a match against Del Rio, giving him a 1 contenders spot in the next PPV (WM 27). Christian cuts a promo saying he will retire after wrestlemania due to injuries. At wrestlemania Christian, Edge, and Del Rio have a triple threat match, with Christian winning, retiring on Raw, vacating the title, making the current WWE champ win it unifying it and ending the brand split. If they do not want it to be unified, make someone else win it on smackdown or the next ppv.

·
Asuka
96,358 Posts
Several problems wrong with this idea. For starters, Edge is the one that needs to retire, not Christian. Christian is healthy (well, he's injured, but..you know what I mean. He's had 1 injury compared to Edge's, like, what, 15?), there's no reason he should be retiring. He could give MANY more years, just look at how old Kane is. He's like 8 years older than Christian. (I used Kane as the example and not Taker because Kane isn't always taking time off for injuries) And anyway, why tell people he's going to retire because of injuries? To garner sympathy? That's not a move you do with a heel, unless it's a FAKE RETIREMENT like what SCOTT STEINER did.

Secondly, why would he help Del Rio after Del Rio broke his arm? I know heels do strange things sometimes, but this doesn't make sense, ESPECIALLY because Del Rio is STILL going to be his opponent. He's still going to be an adversary to Christian, so why help him? I'm baffled.

Thirdly, as much as I'd kill to see Alberto Del Rio in the title match of WM, if the title match is going to revolve around Edge and Christian, screw it. Put him in MITB, have him win and then cash in at a later date. Del Rio has no business in such a storied, personal fued, especially with how new he is. It's not even like he has a detailed history with Edge and Christian the way someone like Kurt Angle does. If it was a guy like him, I could understand it. I wouldn't agree to it but it would make sense, at least.

Fourthly, as Evolution mentions in every single thread about Christian and the world title, every time Christian gets in range of anything that has to do with the world title, the fans go crazy. Why are you gonna turn him heel? The fans WILL cheer their asses off if he wins, so turning him is stupid. He deserves it so much, and he should get a big celebration as a face, much like Benoit did at WM when he finally won his first world title.

Fifthly, retiring WITH the belt is.....so stupid. If you're Ric Flair, I can understand it, but for a guy who's worked his entire life to quit when he FINALLY makes it to the top...I don't get it. I really don't get these ideas.

Finally, fuck unifying the titles. Fuck it in the asshole with a big rubber dick. Then break it off and beat unifying the titles with the rest of it.

·
Registered
385 Posts
How about Edge (c) vs Christian in a TLC match for the WHC at WM with Christian going over, he can finish his minifeud with Del Rio at EC.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts