Wrestling Forum banner

My God

2827 Views 29 Replies 27 Participants Last post by  TelkEvolon
My apologies if this is the wrong section for this and a Mod can move this if he chooses to. But this is probably the darkest Chris Benoit video I've ever watched. Not sure how many people have seen this but I saw it for the first time today. The song fits almost perfectly.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
225 Posts
My God is right.
Serious chills.
I hadn't been watching for just like a year or so when the news about it broke, and it still was devastating to hear about. He was my absolute favorite when I was watching avidly in the early 2000s-2006.
Very difficult to know and stomach, really sad that what made him so great, perhaps the best ever, is part of what led to his demise.

· Registered
85 Posts
Benoit gave it his all for his profession; including harming himself in such a way that he most probably would never have recovered (not talking about the drugs here). If anything, those multiple concussions have decreased the use of chairs to the head, et al.

Please don't think I'm condoning what happened, I merely think the man would have been beyond help no matter what.

This being said--it is sad.

· Registered
238 Posts
Despite what happened Benoit remains one of the greatest ring generals the WWE has ever seen. He is one of the very few men out there that was able to build his identity solely on his in ring ability, and he did it well. Some of the most memorable matches in my mind are those with Benoit, especially him and Angle. Like the others here, just chills.

· Registered
656 Posts
Holy fuck I miss this guy. From the first time I saw him in the ring right through till today and for many more years this guy has and will be a hero to me. I don't give a fuck if people say he is a coward or a fuckwit or whatever, he is the greatest to ever step foot in the ring. Really really touching video man.

· I must away and tend to my ravens
12,061 Posts
Like the rest of you I got chills watching that but there's something else. Thanks to the song selection I now not only associate Benoit with the tragic events of June 23/24 2007 but also James Fucking Blunt, I'm not sure which is worse :mad:

· Registered
10,205 Posts
Saw this video last year, and it still gives me chills. I don't know if its a mental block I put up, or whether WWE has done their job of trying to erase Benoit, but I never really think of Chris anymore, and I'm fine with that, but watching something like this reminds me just how big apart of the wrestling industry he was and what a hero and role model he must of been to fans and to fellow wrestlers out there young and old, and what a true tragedy the whole thing was. When I watch these Benoit videos it brings me right back to the day I found out what actaully happen that weekend and it puts me back into that surreal state of shock of discovering how someone I grew up watching and respected became a monster.

I just wanted to point out, when Edge was speaking about Benoit's early career, and describing what he would go on to become one of the greatest and how they cut in Vince saying "a monster" gave me chills, and of course the lyrics fit the Benoit tragedy to a tee.

· Registered
504 Posts
I wached that video, and decided I want to watch the Benoit tribute RAW. The only thing more shocking than the OP is the tributes with pictures of a young, smiling, happy Benoit set to slightly happier music. This being about 12 hours before they had any idea what went down that day.

RIP Chris Benoit. A true victim of the business.

· Hug Like a Champ
9,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I wached that video, and decided I want to watch the Benoit tribute RAW. The only thing more shocking than the OP is the tributes with pictures of a young, smiling, happy Benoit set to slightly happier music. This being about 12 hours before they had any idea what went down that day.

RIP Chris Benoit. A true victim of the business.
Agreed. It's all really surreal.

· Shut your mouth and rest in peace!
1,679 Posts
Chris Benoit was the guy that made me interested in the WWE in the first place, so he'll always be one of my favourites, no matter what. Everything that happened was just so tragic and sad, but I try to remember him for the good times.

· Registered
504 Posts
The best part of the tribute is when they kept mentioning how much he loved his family,

Chilling.

How long do you think it took them to make the tribute? Seemed awfully fast.
A few hours. They wouldn't have known until the Sunday night/Monday morning. I think a lot of it was improvised from the Hard Knocks DVD.

The Edge tribute was the worst. Made me cry a little.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.