Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Post'n Errry Now and Then
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright well finally let my girl know how I spend my Monday nights. Watching wrestling first thing I got was laughing in my face. Shes like" That fake fighting on TV". Im like yea and even showed her this site which I think freaked her out a little bit that people actually discuss stuff on her. I explained the Face/Heel Kayfabe all that shit to here haha.

So were watching it here are her thoughts throughout the show.

-Wondering how big Big Shows's uhhh "Big Show" is....
fpalm
-"Why does that Italian guy walk like that". Here is where I explained Gimmicks.
-"Wow that CM Punk guy is HAWT"
-"He (Daniel Bryan) looks like a hobo", I was surprised she didn't say that about Punk.
"Who is little Jimmy" Again I had to explain gimmicks.

There was more but I tuned her out after awhile. So all in all I say it was successful she wants to see next weeks episode so anyone got any stories about getting your women into Wrasslin?

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
I love hearing peoples first reactions, and then you tuned her out after a while, classic...

:lmao

No. BTW. No GF/wrasslin stories, previously, the two have never met.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
Alright well finally let my girl know how I spend my Monday nights. Watching wrestling first thing I got was laughing in my face. Shes like" That fake fighting on TV". Im like yea and even showed her this site which I think freaked her out a little bit that people actually discuss stuff on her. I explained the Face/Heel Kayfabe all that shit to here haha.

So were watching it here are her thoughts throughout the show.

-Wondering how big Big Shows's uhhh "Big Show" is....
fpalm
-"Why does that Italian guy walk like that". Here is where I explained Gimmicks.
-"Wow that CM Punk guy is HAWT"
-"He (Daniel Bryan) looks like a hobo", I was surprised she didn't say that about Punk.
"Who is little Jimmy" Again I had to explain gimmicks.

There was more but I tuned her out after awhile. So all in all I say it was successful she wants to see next weeks episode so anyone got any stories about getting your women into Wrasslin?
I saw...I saw what you did there:side:.

LOL I would probably be asking the same thing about The Italian guy...no wait I'm still asking it....why the stupid act? He doesn't need that stupid power walk add on. I hate it. I hope your gf keeps hating it too(Y).

LOL At DB being a hobo and not punk. Talk about bias on the first sight:lmao.

LOL yeah B-Show should have a big one....or should he? :side:

·
Registered
299 Posts
My girlfriend watches it with me every so often. She always goes on about how much she hates it, but then gets really into it when we watch it.

I never hid it from her because when you have to "finally tell someone" you watch WWE it just makes it seem embarassing.

She likes:
CM Punk
Cena
Sheamus
Rhodes (only because I do though)
Kofi
R-Truth
Big Show (she hasn't seen him heel yet)
AJ (but hates D-Bry)
Randy Orton
Edge (showed her Edge matches)

So, pretty much expected except Rhodes. Explained the whole face/heel thing and I don't know how many times I've had to explain that I like the heels over the faces most of the time because most of the heels are more entertaining.

Many conversations have occurred with the whole "You know it's fake right?" "So is Bones but you still watch it religiously..."

·
Registered
194 Posts
As a girl, I have no gf stories to share.

I did introduce another friend (female), though. At first they were skeptical, then curious, and by the end of their first episode they were hooked. Wanted to watch more "to see Daniel Bryan get his face beaten in" (this was during his initial heel turn as WHC, now she loves him), commented on the attractiveness of various wrestlers and lamented how awful the Diva's division is. Within 3 episodes she was complaining that she could write better stories and listing examples.

Now we watch every episode together. I consider it a successful conversion. Now I must see if I can get my other friends hooked and set up dedicated wrestling party nights...

Reactions: ice_edge

·
Registered
15,768 Posts
Well, this week's RAW was missing something, it didn't quite feel right and wasn't the best show. I would sit her down next week. It will be closer to the PPV so feuds will pick up and John Cena will surely be on the show.

It would be nice if your gf watched it with you every week, mine does on occation.

·
How you doing?
4,958 Posts
a female friend of my said this when i mentioned i loved watching wrestling: "Isn't that fake?" :rolleyes:

·
Registered
935 Posts
Well, this week's RAW was missing something, it didn't quite feel right and wasn't the best show. I would sit her down next week. It will be closer to the PPV so feuds will pick up and John Cena will surely be on the show.

It would be nice if your gf watched it with you every week, mine does on occation.
I read this and instantly went CENA. but its true. the ONE time I was expecting him to come save the day at the end of RAW he didn't -____-

·
Registered
935 Posts
But my experiences with females and wrestling , they either A)Don't give two shits I watch it. or B) go "really you watch wrestling ?" not too much hate.

·
Registered
141 Posts
My girlfriend "joined" (I use joined loosely because she was lay there next to me on that night) me once for with one episode of Raw. She tolerated it, innocent jokes about it, before she fell asleep. Didn't get her hooked on it, though didn't get, "You know it's fake, right?" either. She just treats it as any other show I watch. However, now she associates Wrestling with sleeping mainly because she's in bed as I start watching.

·
Premium Member
19,291 Posts
My ex girlfriend used to watch wrestling with me and got into it quite a bit.

Cena or Mysterio would win a match, and she'd look disgusted. "That's fucking stupid." For some reason though, her favorite wrestler was Cody Rhodes, back in 2009. Her reasoning: She felt bad because he had no fans at all.

·
Respect My Pimphand..
15,440 Posts
My ex girlfriend used to watch wrestling with me and got into it quite a bit.

Cena or Mysterio would win a match, and she'd look disgusted. "That's fucking stupid." For some reason though, her favorite wrestler was Cody Rhodes, back in 2009. Her reasoning: She felt bad because he had no fans at all.
LMAO that one was a keeper!

My girl goes to every payperview with me to watch and really enjoys herself! She likes Cena, mostly because she knows it gets this reaction out of me:

She hates Sheamus because he's a ginger and looks "ugly". She hates Punk because he's too cocky and he has a beard. I should mention that she hates beards, which brings me to reason she doesn't fancy Daniel Bryan. But she does think he's by far the best wrestler there. She likes Orton but thinks he looks like a greaseball when he comes out all oiled up :lol. She likes watching Big Show destroy guys, but hates having to sit through boring big man matches, because "they all look the same and are so basic". Lastly she absolutely HATES the divas because, they are all "trashy fake bimbos with no intelligence, and crappy wrestling skills" (she has never seen a lita, trish, karma, or nattie match though).

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
I only ever watched wrestling with one girlfriend and she was pretty into it for being a good-looking high school chick. It was like watching with a little kid though because she got so mad whenever a heel cheated or Cena lost (which was rare because this was like 4 or 5 years ago). I would compare watching wrestling with a girl to watching sports with a girl: it's a bad idea because they ask too many basic questions and never shut up.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Your GF is gonna think of CM punk now when you guys do it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts