Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Rock should've taken this route when he feuded with Cena, but instead he catered too much to the audience which was the right decision from a business stand point, since most of his fans wanna sing along with him. As a huge Rock fan it's kinda frustrating, cause I know he's more than capable of delivering solid shoot promos when he wants to.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rock should've taken this route when he feuded with Cena, but instead he catered too much to the audience which was the right decision from a business stand point, since most of his fans wanna sing along with him. As a huge Rock fan it's kinda frustrating, cause I know he's more than capable of delivering solid shoot promos when he wants to

“He has been through 19 different character here in the WWF and still can’t get it right” LOL
I think it had more to do with them wanting a babyface vs babyface feud because of they aired the whole promo on RAW, no way the crowd would’ve been 50/50

·
Registered
184 Posts
I wish he did more promos like this in his 2011-13 run, it felt more like The Rock’s character.

Instead, it we got Dwayne Johnson, kissing the crowds ass, saying constantly « I love you » to the crowd, showing his goosebumps, using Twitter, hashtags to insult his opponents, talking (over and over) about his unique connection with the fans...

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wish he did more promos like this in his 2011-13 run, it felt more like The Rock’s character.

Instead, it we got Dwayne Johnson, kissing the crowds ass, saying constantly « I love you » to the crowd, showing his goosebumps, using Twitter, hashtags to insult his opponents, talking (over and over) about his unique connection with the fans...
Yh i think they should’ve let The Rock be like in this promo, I hated the whole kiss ass to crowd thing, Punk owning Rock, then Cena coming out with Thugnamics and owning Rock, they just made Rock look hella weak and make it seem that couldn’t just cut a promo without catchphrases

·
Registered
257 Posts
yeah it's a shame they never allowed him to do that. But Rock's promos overall were straight up awful by his own standards. Wasn't he calling Cena a Kung Pao bitch or something lame?

It does make me laugh though. You basically saw Cena at his promo-best against Rock at his promo-worst and yet some seriously believe Cena showed he was better on the mic.

Babyface or heel, the more asshole Rock is, the better.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah it's a shame they never allowed him to do that. But Rock's promos overall were straight up awful by his own standards. Wasn't he calling Cena a Kung Pao bitch or something lame?

It does make me laugh though. You basically saw Cena at his promo-best against Rock at his promo-worst and yet some seriously believe Cena showed he was better on the mic.

Babyface or heel, the more asshole Rock is, the better.
I mean if they allowed this entire promo, no one would’ve believed Cena anymore if he says he stayed because he loves to do and want to, no more of that bs.
But Rock's promos overall were straight up awful by his own standards
I mean if you compare it to AE, Yh I agree but this one could’ve been interesting. They should’ve aired the full promo, probably Cena will get phoney chants and more boos, but that could’ve led to him turning him and bringing back his Thugonamics gimmick.

·
Registered
Charisma is when people look at you and start shivering.
461 Posts
This along with his history lesson are my favorite Rock promos from his 2011-13 run. What I liked more is the fact that he was even more savage on twitter. He rosted the shit outta CM Punk and Cena. But on live TV he acted like the same crowd pleaser person. The Rock as a cocky arrogant babyface was the best (mid 1998,1999-2000).

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This along with his history lesson are my favorite Rock promos from his 2011-13 run. What I liked more is the fact that he was even more savage on twitter. He rosted the shit outta CM Punk and Cena. But on live TV he acted like the same crowd pleaser person. The Rock as a cocky arrogant babyface was the best (mid 1998,1999-2000).
You knew they will tone down his character after they never aired the entire promo on RAW

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I love The Rock, but in his run from 2011 to 2013 he was a shell of his former self, he wasn't The Rock anymore, he was just Dwayne, I hated how he was constantly sucking up to the crowd and smiling all the time, that definitely wasn't The Rock.

And his 13 years old insults and jokes were embarrassing.
Tbf that was how they wanted him to be, to make Cena look good on the mic, what even proves that is them never airing this promo fully on Raw and watering it down and if see the watered down version and compared to this then it’s night and day.

·
Registered
387 Posts
It's a business, they can't let him sh*t on Cena as savagely as he could have. He still got in plenty of shots and I loved the run and back and forth.

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
Tbf that was how they wanted him to be, to make Cena look good on the mic, what even proves that is them never airing this promo fully on Raw and watering it down and if see the watered down version and compared to this then it’s night and day.
I'm sorry but Rock was a fully fledged star outside the WWE then and he would've had more than enough room to call his own shots. Blaming anything on 'they' is a copout. Dwayne was happy to flash that million dollar smile and not be the old Rock himself.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm sorry but Rock was a fully fledged star outside the WWE then and he would've had more than enough room to call his own shots. Blaming anything on 'they' is a copout. Dwayne was happy to flash that million dollar smile and not be the old Rock himself.
Well it can go either way as well, the promo proves he was his old Rock and wonder why they never fully aired in the first place?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It's a business, they can't let him sh*t on Cena as savagely as he could have. He still got in plenty of shots and I loved the run and back and forth.
Well of course, but what difference would this promo have then CM Punk shoot promo? And it’s not like Cena was getting cheered, he was heavily getting booed and they could’ve gone with his old thugonamics stuff as people liked when he once returned like it.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Some of my favourites:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts