1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of now the card may look like this:
Brock Lesnar (c) Drew McIntyre for the WWE Championsip - Lock
Rhea Ripley (c) vs. Charlotte Flair for the NXT Women's Championship - Lock
Becky Lynch (c) vs. Shayna Bazler for the Raw Women's Championship - Highly Likely
Randy Orton vs. Edge - Highly Likely
Elias vs. John Cena - Rumored but likely
Bray "The Fiend" Wyat (c) vs. Roman Reigns for the Universal Championship - Rumored but likely
AJ Styles vs. Undertaker - Rumored

Besides the Cena match, this looks like a nice top to build the rest of the card with, seems like a BIG wrestling show like Wrestlemania is supposed to be. The problem is that WWE has a HUGE roster. Not everyone is going to have a match but I know WWE will try to cram as much people into matches on the main card. The first announced, or rumored matches are either occupied by part timers and NXT stars. Meaning there are a bunch of other full time wrestlers who might not get a spot. And lets not forget Triple H has to have is customary Wrestlemania match, where he goes 35 minutes, more than anyone on the show. So either a bunch of guys deserving of matches will just get regulated to the battle royal, we get a 20 match card and the show will be 8 hours or we get a bunch of multi men matches that may drag down the feeling of Wreslemania which will feel like a poor mans Wrestle Kingdom. What do you guys think? Too many part timers?

·
Premium Member
10,182 Posts
It's been that way since 33 and will be for the foreseeable future until there's a change of heart. 7 1/2 hours (inc. kick-off) is simply too much for one night. If they continue down the path of integrating NXT then you could feasibly make WrestleMania 2 nights at the same venue. NXT Takeover: WrestleMania on the Saturday and WrestleMania on the Sunday. i.e. this year you'd have the ~6 NXT Takeover matches + 3 that would've been at WM on Sat, and ~9 on Sun. With kick-off just being a women's BR one night, men's BR the other.

As it stands, there's absolutely going to be one, if not two, big men's tag matches. And wouldn't be surprised if there's a multi-man match for either IC/US.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
As of now the card may look like this:
Brock Lesnar (c) Drew McIntyre for the WWE Championsip - Lock
Rhea Ripley (c) vs. Charlotte Flair for the NXT Women's Championship - Lock
Becky Lynch (c) vs. Shayna Bazler for the Raw Women's Championship - Highly Likely
Randy Orton vs. Edge - Highly Likely
Elias vs. John Cena - Rumored but likely
Bray "The Fiend" Wyat (c) vs. Roman Reigns for the Universal Championship - Rumored but likely
AJ Styles vs. Undertaker - Rumored

Besides the Cena match, this looks like a nice top to build the rest of the card with, seems like a BIG wrestling show like Wrestlemania is supposed to be. The problem is that WWE has a HUGE roster. Not everyone is going to have a match but I know WWE will try to cram as much people into matches on the main card. The first announced, or rumored matches are either occupied by part timers and NXT stars. Meaning there are a bunch of other full time wrestlers who might not get a spot. And lets not forget Triple H has to have is customary Wrestlemania match, where he goes 35 minutes, more than anyone on the show. So either a bunch of guys deserving of matches will just get regulated to the battle royal, we get a 20 match card and the show will be 8 hours or we get a bunch of multi men matches that may drag down the feeling of Wreslemania which will feel like a poor mans Wrestle Kingdom. What do you guys think? Too many part timers?
Last year they had 16 matches - 4 pre-show, 12 main - of which three main card matches went 6:05 or less and it went about 7 hours including pre-show.

I've got 16 matches this year, your 7 +

Men's Battle Royal (lock)
Women's Battle Royal (lock)
Women's Tag (highly likely, Kabuki Warriors Vs. Iiconics maybe)
US Title (highly likely, Andrade/Black?)
Bryan/Nakamura (guess because neither of them are doing anything)
Smackdown Tag Titles (highly likely, I'm guessing New Day/Usos, they've never faced each other at Mania)
Smackdown Women's Championship (lock, guessing Bayley/Sasha, maybe Bayley Naomi)
Raw Tag Titles (highly likely, guessing something involving Seth's faction and KO/Joe/Vikings)
Intercontinental Title (highly likely, Braun/Corbin)

I don't think there's room for Triple H, which saves about 10 minutes on entrances. It's still going to be a super long show though. I wish they'd split it into two.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts