Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
mvp hasn't been on sd in about three weeks. could this mean that the wwe is working on repackaging him. maybe with new theme music and a heel turn. usually when a superstar goes away for a while they usually get some kinda push upon their return. i hope they do something with mvp. the guy has some potential.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
He's been busy "mentoring" Percy Watson on NXT so no i don't think his push will be renewed, the way i see it is the creative team doesn't have any plan for him at the moment.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
MVP has been decisively tossed into the midcard dustbin. Renewed push? Spare me. Unless you consider exchanging handjobs with Percy Watson on NXT and Superstars a push, that is.*

*A bit crass for me, but that's how I feel about MVP these days. He's just fallen off the map.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
No, I don't see a renewed push in MVPs near future. He's been on Superstars and NXT so won't be getting repackaged I don't think. I think it's a pity though, he was getting towards the status as a sure fire future world champion on Smackdown in 06 and they messed it up, it wasn't him as we all saw he had what it took to be a top guy. They turned him face and once again showed the WWEs inability to push faces. He's getting on in age now, so I think it's going to be hard for him to get a renewed push to the top.

With Smackdowns roster though, I thought they might have at least done something with him.

·
Registered
362 Posts
You can find on the roster Superstars with Yoshi Tatsu, Chris Masters, Primo, The Dudebusters, Goldust...

·
Registered
498 Posts
He is too old to get a huge push from creative. He is over enough with the crowd and is for the most part credible as long as he wins 30% of his matches are so. That seems to be the fate of his career till he steps away. Nothing wrong with being a solid mid card wrestler and bringing in the pay check. It wasn't long ago that the mid card had just as many good stories and feuds as the main event scene. Would be nice to see it go back to that and he is a great guy to have there in the middle working to make it more solid.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
It never ceases to amaze me why everyone wants every wrestler to be in the main event. I think he's fine as a mid carder, I've never really liked his character to be honest heel or face.

·
Damn Fine Cup of Coffee
12,954 Posts
He should go back to the "cocky, I'm better than you, show me the money, all star" with the tunnel and non chopped up song.

Not the "rags to riches babyface jobber with the beginning of the song missing".

·
You're better than that Cole.
3,990 Posts
He should go back to the "cocky, I'm better than you, show me the money, all star" with the tunnel and non chopped up song.

Not the "rags to riches babyface jobber with the beginning of the song missing".
This 100%

but yeah like most people have said, he is more busy with the NXT and he still being lost in the mid-card shuffle in the WWE. I do hope once he get his new theme, they will push but knowing WWE creative, there is not even a chance of that.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
He is getting new theme music shortly, so that could mean anything. Heel turn maybe? I'd like to see him turn heel on Percy and walk off NXT.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts