Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not a regular Smackdown watcher as i work Friday nights so i only follow through spoilers and results but after MVP's reaction from Raw would it be wise for WWE to renew his push. During his rookie year he was one of the hottest rising stars and looked tom be a future world champ but they failed to capitalize on that popularity after his feud with Hardy and keep his momentum going when he switched to the raw brand though his reaction on Raw should they build him ujp again due to the lack of main event faces on Smackdown or will this be another case of lost oppurtunity?

·
#RiseAbove
1,471 Posts
One can only hope.

I want to see MVP do something. Anything. Come on Vince.

Ahhhh, who I am kidding. Once the 'E gives up, it seems like the end of anything.

Reactions: Yuffie Kisaragi

·
Premium Member
12,070 Posts
It seems like he has been getting good reactions at live events, from what the recent reports have said. It'd need a lot of work to get him over as a credible upper midcard wrestler again though.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Great talker (face or heel), doesnt suck up backstage, great reactions and solid in the ring = no push for MVP?

shits fucked up :no:

·
I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
767 Posts
I honestly thought back in 2007 he'd be World Champion by now.

He was on a role as United States Champion. His and Matt Hardy's feud was great.

Then his losing streak began and it all went downhill from there.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
The reaction he got was HUGE. People really underestimate how over and good he actually is.

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
MVP is Kofi Kingston Part 1. It's the same deal.

They built him up a few different times and then he just didn't go anywhere.

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
I'm actually starting to come round to liking MVP. But having looked up old heel promos of his, he NEEDS to be a heel again. His arrogant asshole heel routine was amazing. He gets decent pops, is good on the mic and has definite in-ring skills.

That said, I don't like the new music he's had more recently. I preferred his old one. I think he needs to be taken out of the Team Mysterio vs Team Del Rio match at SS and given a match for the IC vs Ziggler. Maybe throw in someone else for a Triple Threat match.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I agree, those MVP on raw were huge. All I heard was M-V-P, M-V-P, M-V-P,M-VP!

For fucks sake vince, clean your ears out and push the man. Give him the Intercontinental Championship, its a prop right now since the Dolph, Kaitlyn, and Vickie storyline is being given way more attention than the actual title

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
You can't say that MVP needs a World title push based on the reaction he got for saving a legend from a mega heel like ADR. I'll agree that he should be main eventing by now but what are ya gonna do?

·
You're better than that Cole.
3,990 Posts
Like I’ve said in that RAW thread last night, I don’t know why some people acting all surprise like it’s all new that MVP is hella over with the audience for someone as directionless he is. But I guess since it’s RAW and it’s live the proof is solid without claiming it’s canned cheers on SD and Superstars.

MVP just simply has that aura that connects with the crowd cause he is a true talent and has true charisma.

·
You're better than that Cole.
3,990 Posts
You can't say that MVP needs a World title push based on the reaction he got for saving a legend from a mega heel like ADR. I'll agree that he should be main eventing by now but what are ya gonna do?
See the thing is some people are now admitting MVP is over since he was getting massive chants on RAW and you know RAW is live. So it’s basically proof to them but I always knew how over MVP has been getting lately this year. Whether he saved Slaughter or not he would still get big chants, that is quite impressive for someone being directionless for 2 years straight (not including some of the Miz feud) but that's just show you that the casuals actually care about MVP.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Despite the good crowd reaction he always gets, his ship has long sailed i'm afraid, he's not part of the current youth movement (he's 37, which according to WWE is considered 'old') and WWE have younger and better talents to push on Smackdown right now (Alberto Del Rio, Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, etc). I like MVP and he's a good talent but hoping for main event push for MVP is like wishing Christian getting a world title push at this point.

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
MVPs reactions from the crowd are always absolutley insane , they should throw the world title on him and crank out MVP T-Shirts on wweshop.com

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Isn't he banned from some country? As many shows as they do outside of America, it wouldn't be good to have a champ who can't show up to certain shows. But they could give him a short reign when their schedule doesn't call for him to go somewhere he can't.

MVP will probably end up like Christian, though. He'll win the title in TNA eventually.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Del Rio, mega heel? What? :confused: Wade Barrett is a mega heel. Alberto Del Rio is on MVP's level (upper-midcarder)

And Sgt Slaughter wishes he got that type of reaction from the crowd. I don't get why people always need excuses for MVP's popularity. On Smackdown and Superstars, "it's taped, so WWE can pipe those in" (despite them being REALLY loud 'M-V-P, M-V-P" chants) and now on Raw, it's "He called out a top heel and made the save." Like, what do you guys expect? People get over by stepping up to the plate, not losing to Curt Hawkins.

I know WWE won't do anything but he is definitely more over than alot of the IWC's faves. Christian for one isn't as over as the internet make him out to be. Kofi Kingston too.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Del Rio, mega heel? What? :confused: Wade Barrett is a mega heel. Alberto Del Rio is on MVP's level (upper-midcarder)

And Sgt Slaughter wishes he got that type of reaction from the crowd. I don't get why people always need excuses for MVP's popularity. On Smackdown and Superstars, "it's taped, so WWE can pipe those in" (despite them being REALLY loud 'M-V-P, M-V-P" chants) and now on Raw, it's "He called out a top heel and made the save." Like, what do you guys expect? People get over by stepping up to the plate, not losing to Curt Hawkins.

I know WWE won't do anything but he is definitely more over than alot of the IWC's faves. Christian for one isn't as over as the internet make him out to be. Kofi Kingston too.
I will say that Kofi and MVP are on the same level when it comes to being over.
Kofi, just like MVP, gets LOUD name chanting from the crowd throughout their matches.
We've all said that for superstars that aren't involve in storylines/feuds despite
being great quality wrestlers/entertainers and getting such great reactions, speaks
volumes. Now Christian is not over as Kofi and MVP, but he gets his fair share of fan
support. He will get some name chanting. It hard too tell with Christian when he is
not appearing on Raw to tell how truly over he is with the pipped in cheers on Smackdown.
Its a crime that these 3 are not above the level they are currently at. They each DESERVE
at least 1 championship run imo.

·
Registered
73 Posts
MVP's reaction was insane. Definitely one of the bigger pops anyone got last night. Lately I have found myself enjoying MVP once again, much like I did when he was a star on the rise. However I'm not really sure MVP will ever achieve what many of us hoped for. I do believe that P will stay around the midcard and maybe just taste some main event action, but never get a title out of it. Though I think we'd all be pleased if MVP had another solid run or two with the IC title before hanging up the boots.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts