Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Smackdown Superstar MVP was in the doghouse with WWE officials again before being put in the new feud with Jack Swagger. The only thing said about MVP’s recent heat is that it’s for the same reasons he’s been in and out of the doghouse for the past two years.

MVP is looking to reinvent himself and suggested doing a rapper gimmick to officials. MVP has even recorded a rap song to go with the gimmick."

-F4WOnline.com

MVP and R-Truth for unified tag champions fpalm

But seriously, another possible rapper gimmick? What makes this even more puzzling is that MVP is supposedly pushing for this gimmick.. Cant blame this one on creative lol. It just seems like such a crappy way to go. I mean, cena did his thing with the rapper gimmick. but that was a different time. i dont think mvp the rapper will go over to well.. i wont put much stock into him being in the doghouse, since just about everyone under the sun is in the doghouse at one point or another according to the dirtsheets. But what are your thoughts on MVP the rapper?

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
I follow him on twitter, and he's recording songs.

As a black wrestling fan, I'm sick of seeing the stereotypes.

I know, wrestling has always had stereotypical characters. Finlay with a Leprechaun. Samoan wrestlers as "savages who can't speak English. Canadians with mullets.

I'm just over it. I just wanna see good guys vs bad guys. I don't wanna see rappers and midgets.

It's a shame that he feels he has to resort to this to get over. Especially since 3 years ago, his gimmick was so awesome.

He does have talent and charisma. I just feel like he's better than this.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
at this point MVP is doing anything to get his career back on track...he deserves it after how great he started and how low he's gotten since then

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
I follow him on twitter, and he's recording songs.

As a black wrestling fan, I'm sick of seeing the stereotypes.

I know, wrestling has always had stereotypical characters. Finlay with a Leprechaun. Samoan wrestlers as "savages who can't speak English. Canadians with mullets.

I'm just over it. I just wanna see good guys vs bad guys. I don't wanna see rappers and midgets.

It's a shame that he feels he has to resort to this to get over. Especially since 3 years ago, his gimmick was so awesome.

He does have talent and charisma. I just feel like he's better than this.
Lol he's still very over with the crowd. Seeing as he's recorded songs, maybe he just wants to incorporate some elements from his life into his gimmick, there's nothing wrong with that. But yeah, the rapper gimmick would suck balls, ask R-Truth. Although I wouldn't be opposed if he'd cut promos by freestyling occasionaly.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
MVP says he's "a man of many talents!"...I wonder what those talents are exactly, cos they damn sure aint wrestling!

·
Registered
603 Posts
He insulted another urine tester? goodness MVP, you sure do hate those fellas. Or was it the marijuana again, i wonder...

Not looking forward to it, it'll be R-truth 2.0

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
I hate rapper gimmicks

Shad/JTG/R-Truth/Oldschool Cena all can GTFO , if MVP goes rapper gimmick I will go from indifferent to hating the guy. Which is a good thing if hes going for a rapper HEEL gimmick I guess.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I love MVP but this rapper gimmick sounds like a terrible idea. I'm one of very few people here who actually like face-MVP, the only problem is that wwe creatives never intend to give him a push in the main event and treats him as enhancement talent instead which is quite shame.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Dear MVP,

You don't know me, but im one of your biggest fans. When you debuted on smackdown you were known as "the highest paid free agent". Well Since that time I've watched you almost every week and enjoyed every single minute of it. When you dropped your blow up tunnel I knew change was coming, and I don't mean change in a good way. Basically in a nutshell, I'm asking you to avoid the rapper gimmick and go back to "The Highest Paid Free Agent" gimmick simply because; Im tired of stereotypes AND I believe your debut gimmick would have pushed you into the main event scene. You also could make Smackdown a better place because lately, it hasnt been easy on the eyes. Well off to play MAG, see you on friday!!!!

Sincerely,
JamesakaVicious

But seriously i hope creative gives him a "Fuck NO"

·
Registered
733 Posts
I can see MVP sitting in a grand piano; playing the sax. With some vocal training, even taking a shot at some popular opera. Those fit his character.

But rap? Rap? It fits even Slam Master J better than MVP.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Should turn him Heel. Have him on an epsiode of the Peep show or Higlight Reel or something, and have the host recap his Highest Paid Free Agent time, then ask "what happened?" and basically just needle him until he snaps. Have Teddy Long sit him down and say they have to renegotiate his contract due to poor performance. Have him go crazy and rip the place up.

Build it into a feud. Have someone find out what he makes and say he deserves it more.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
This report is BS. I love how they take somebody's comments out of context and write their own story. He said nothing about doing a rapper gimmick, he wasn't in any doghouse... This is why I never go on these sites anymore.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
what could you possibly be doing for two years that you wouldn't eventually realize "hey, i should stop doing this shit so i stop hanging out in this lousy doghouse."

1 - 20 of 26 Posts