Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now before your crucify me please read the entire post, because Im attempting to portray the other side of the coin to most people....

I believe that MVP was one of the worst hit by the PG era, as he now seems like a watered down 'Rock' Wannabe... he was at best average in the ring on his good days!

He has the ability to gain a crowd reaction especially today,but in my opinion MVP'sreaction was made by the background noise in his intro music.

He could certainly speak, not greatly but speak, but i still don't think he was worthy of world title runs, kinda due to half lack of inspiration and half of the writers fault.

One thing that would always play against him is his criminal record, meaning he couldnt fly to certain countries so that restricts the time period he could ever be a major champion. Im not saying that he wouldnt have ever won because of his record its cuz of the restrictions in travel it puts on him...There is no way that thewould travel to the UK or Canada for major tapings and not have the champion come if you follow my drift.

I believe it was inevitable and he really wasnt ever that greatly placed in the company....So thats why i believe he wasnt a major loss!

Reactions: DevilsFavouriteDem

·
The Winds of Change
5,627 Posts
I feel the same way. MVP's time came and past. WWE didn't hit it while the iron was hot. At this point, he was doing random shit on Smackdown with absolutely zero direction...so not a big loss.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I think it's a big loss in a way, Christian is injured, MVP was the only veteran left who could be used to put younger stars over, now that MVP has been released, then who's gonna lay down for guys like Cody, Drew, Del Rio and Swagger?

·
Banned
1,988 Posts
He actually is a big loss. With Matt released, Christian injured, he and Kofi were the only face midcarders left and now there aren't any wrestlers left who can take his place. MVP is average in the ring at his best you say? LIES. He's a better wrestler and talker than Kofi could ever be.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
MVP not being a big loss is a joke simply because who in the wwe besides cena would be a big loss? Everybody has their favorite wrestler and feels if "blank" got fired it would be devastating, just because some people don't like mvp doesn't mean everybody didn't like him. To some this could be a huge loss to others not so much, vince fucked up mvp from the start and now vince shows once again that he can't create stars. He's puting all his chips on orton who can't stay healthy, and another guy (cena) who i keep hearing is just as big as rock/austin although mainstream would strongly disagree.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Just because a lot of smarks didn't like him, doesn't mean he wasn't a big loss. Ok he wasn't huge, but he was one of (if not the) most over midcarders in Smackdown. With the likes of Hardy gone and Christian injured, he was one of the very rare midcard faces left that could actually entertain the crowd. And of course he can gain a crowd reaction, this point has been proven already with the most recent example being when he was on RAW and came to Sgt. Slaughter's aid after Del Rio beat him.

One thing I can say is that whatever reason WWE had for not pushing (if there even was one) after the losing streak angle he was done. He wasn't very interesting as a face and most just wanted him to turn. But the post 2008 part of his career is definitely forgettable which is a shame because he was a really talented guy.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
In terms of being a huge name or draw for the comapny, no he wasn't a big loss.

In terms of underused, wasted potential, hell yes he was a big loss.

·
Banned
4,312 Posts
Well..he was a joke in the ring compared to Shelton Benjamin and they got rid of him that guy even though he never got injured, cleary had better ring ability than everyone on the roster except Chris Jericho, and was there for all of his dates with no bullshit. So I could really care less for what happens to a MVP after they did that since MVP was always overrated from the day he got pushed out the gate in 2006.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
Letting go of MVP in this time period isn't a big loss at all no, because they don't or didn't use him. He has no effect on the quality of the show, or the storylines in the show, he's just 'there', so no, releasing him at this point wasn't that big of a loss.

However when you look at the potential he had in 2006/07 then you realise that it was a big loss because they could have done so much more with the guy, he was the complete package in my opinion and they did nothing with him. A big waste on their part, for somebody who could have been a serious main eventer for about three years right now.

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
Of course its not a big loss , but he had the potential to be a big loss if they actually pushed him and THEN he quit , thats why people are like WTF?!

·
Michael Cole is NXT
1,049 Posts
I am not a fan of MVP I must admit, especially since I found out he was a big Manchester United fan....

However, he is not banned from Canada or the UK, I have seen him at house shows in the UK.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Letting go of MVP in this time period isn't a big loss at all no, because they don't or didn't use him. He has no effect on the quality of the show, or the storylines in the show, he's just 'there', so no, releasing him at this point wasn't that big of a loss.

However when you look at the potential he had in 2006/07 then you realise that it was a big loss because they could have done so much more with the guy, he was the complete package in my opinion and they did nothing with him. A big waste on their part, for somebody who could have been a serious main eventer for about three years right now.
Shelton is a great wrestler, still MVP is far from a joke and by WWE standards MVP was above average in-ring.

·
Banned
2,954 Posts
Never saw anything and I mean ANYTHING special in MVP. He's not good in the ring, decent at best. He's not great on the mic, just a little above avarage. He's a pudgy asshole.

People still crying over his face turn should just give the fuck up, he wasn't even a good heel

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Dude, MVP can go to fucking canada. He was at our house show in 2006.
As well as most of europe. The only notable country I know he can't go to is Japan

Anyway, it was way too late to give him a world title run, but I defitantly think he could have been used more right now. He is over as hell, seeing on the last smackdown. He should have gotten a IC run at the very least and won that IC tournament against McIntyre instead of KOfi.

This is why we need shorter IC/US title reigns

·
You're better than that Cole.
3,990 Posts
What is the point of this thread? of course technically MVP wasn’t a big loss, look what he has been doing for the past two years in 09-10. They manage to watered MVP down so much and ruin his character that it seem like he never had potential to become something bigger. Face MVP was basically on the level of Chris Masters in terms of star power and was damn near a jobber that has been on and off on WWE Superstars despite his popularity.

MVP mission now was to put the younger guys over even though half of them are mediocre anyway with no personality or charisma.

I believe that MVP was one of the worst hit by the PG era, as he now seems like a watered down 'Rock' Wannabe... he was at best average in the ring on his good days!

He has the ability to gain a crowd reaction especially today,but in my opinion MVP'sreaction was made by the background noise in his intro music.
How was he in any shape a Rock wannabe? There is no connection between Rock and MVP at all.

MVP was naturally over before he got his new theme music. He was one of the few face superstars that don't even need to suck up to the crowd (by screaming "COME ON!" or clap his hands) to get the crowd cheering for him for support in his matches. Majority of the time there was MVP chants before he even began to start wrestling.

I know you said that "in your opinion" but that is false cause MVP was always over whether he had the new theme or not.

In terms of being a huge name or draw for the comapny, no he wasn't a big loss.

In terms of underused, wasted potential, hell yes he was a big loss.
This, 100%. It's pretty simple folks.

Never saw anything and I mean ANYTHING special in MVP. He's not good in the ring, decent at best. He's not great on the mic, just a little above avarage. He's a pudgy asshole.

People still crying over his face turn should just give the fuck up, he wasn't even a good heel
I wasn't even going to reply to this cause from your past posts on MVP the bullshit you been saying just amuses me. So I always knew you just didn't like MVP overall, ok cool but uhh how was he not a good Heel? cause it's almost sound like a statement coming from you. But if you are just putting out your opinion like in your first paragraph then just ignore this then.

Well..he was a joke in the ring compared to Shelton Benjamin and they got rid of him that guy even though he never got injured, cleary had better ring ability than everyone on the roster except Chris Jericho, and was there for all of his dates with no bullshit. So I could really care less for what happens to a MVP after they did that since MVP was always overrated from the day he got pushed out the gate in 2006.
I'm very disappointed in a massive Rock fan like you don't know why a guy like Shelton Benjamin as a great as he was in the ring got released while a guy like MVP still stayed in the company and you called him overrated. But you support the Miz though. In what way MVP is overrated? by this forum or by WWE? if it is by the forum then fine.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts