Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Re: Mustafa Ali vs Kofi

Kofi over Ali, I'm sure he'll have other opportunities at the title. It is sad since this was obviously suppose to be Ali push before the concussion. He basically got the reverse Becky effect.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts

I probably prefer Ali as a performer, but it's obvious the WM spot should go to Kofi. He's wayyyyyyy more over than Ali and it would be far too soon for Ali anyway. I imagine Ali will be in a multiman match for the US title, hopefully a ladder match (I'm actually scared a little bit for his health if he took part in a ladder match).

·
Registered
212 Posts

It doesn't really matter anyway. After Mania, Kofi will go back to the mid-card and Ali will get another push. We all know why he was pushed into the main event right after moving to the main roster in the first place and will be pushed hard again ASAP. Pakistani heritage, Saudi Arabia shows forthcoming for years to come....close enough in Vince's head.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Kofi is the only person that makes sense challenging for the belt at mania right now. Ali will get his chance later but right now no male on Smackdown is hotter than Kofi. Complain all you want but the guy is fucking over

·
My mom thinks I'm cool.
2,072 Posts
Ali is fantastic, I can't even compare the two. Kofi isn't even my favourite New day member, I don't dislike him in anyway but Mustafa in the ring and on the mic is a revelation to me and my fav babyface in the company and one of the main reasons I got hooked on 205.

I have doubts this was exactly what was planned for Ali, it does seem like too much too soon and I can't see Vince backing a cruiserweight this hard. Kofi's seniority/familiarity is why he has been embraced and if this is to be his moment so be it as it could be his last chance and more stars can't be a bad thing. For this to hurt Ali's standing with the fans really reflects badly on the fans as I can't stand the "you're not my guy so you offer nothing" mentality.

I like Ali much better as a performer but I don't think he's quite ready for a Mania title shot yet (and again I have strong doubts he was in line for that anyway).

Reactions: Deathiscoming

·
Banned
341 Posts
Doesent this just proove or validate Bryan on how thickle the WWE audience is though? Before Ali got injured and Kofi replaced him at EC. No one gave a damn about Kofi. Now all of a sudden with Becky he is the most over man in the company. Crazy.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Kofi, he's more over and he has been here for 10 years. Ali is the new guy and we all know what happens when they put world title belt on the new guys

Reactions: TheFeitan

·
TEAM KICK!
9,429 Posts
Ali is probably the better overall talent, especially from an in ring perspective, but there's no doubt that Kofi is the guy who should be winning right now, he's over as hell, the crowd reactions in the WWE title match last night prove that.

Reactions: TheFeitan

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Kofi obviously, he's far more over and The New Day is one of the most popular things in the company.

Personally think it should be neither of them, but that's just me.

·
Angry at refs
3,103 Posts
I mean, I'd rather have like 4 others on Smackdown in this spot, but Kofi over Ali. Ali is young/'new' and still needs time to grow.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts