Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
SGT. AT ARMS
19,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously, NXT has a Raw recap and it happens the very next night after Raw, Superstars dedicates a whole segment to recapping Raw, and Smackdown does the same thats 3 damn shows after Raw that recaps the same crap within a span of 4 days. I get that Raw is the A Show and all but do they really have to keep recapping on every show? it just gets annoying when i watch NXT, then superstars then smackdown and they all recap the same segment from Raw over and over again as if you have short term memory loss or something.

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
DVR and watching clips online has rendered recaps redundant. I'm tired of endless replays as that time could easily go towards an undercard match. Even if it's a short two minute piss break match, it's a better use of time than the recaps. When a guy pretty high up on the totem pole like The Miz has to be on Superstars because there's no room on a three hour show, you know there's a problem.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
19,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DVR and watching clips online has rendered recaps redundant. I'm tired of endless replays as that time could easily go towards an undercard match. Even if it's a short two minute piss break match, it's a better use of time than the recaps. When a guy pretty high up on the totem pole like The Miz has to be on Superstars because there's no room on a three hour show, you know there's a problem.
Ya Superstars is a prime example the Raw recap thing takes up at least 20 minutes of the show, which could go to another match. Instead they feel the need to remind us of what happened just 3 days ago.

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
The most shocking revelation to come out of this thread is that someone actually watches NXT and Superstars, wow.

But yeah, they do go a little bit overboard with the Raw recap, especially when they recap the opening segment about three times on the live Raw show it's like we're getting recap of what we saw like 20 minutes ago lol.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
19,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They should recap Smackdown on Raw instead 'cause nobody's home on Friday nights.
Lol WWE will never do a smackdown recap on any show, they could easily do a smackdown recap on NXT or superstars but no they feel the need to remind us all what happened on Raw on all 3 shows instead.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
19,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
The most shocking revelation to come out of this thread is that someone actually watches NXT and Superstars, wow.

But yeah, they do go a little bit overboard with the Raw recap, especially when they recap the opening segment about three times on the live Raw show it's like we're getting recap of what we saw like 20 minutes ago lol.
And why wouldn't people watch them? wrestlers actually get a good amount of time to wrestle on those shows. Just because NXT and superstars are online doesn't mean they suck, NXT has become pretty good over time with Regal on commentary and tag teams actually storylines on there. Superstars has good matches every week, just because the guys on there aren't on Raw or smackdown every week doesn't mean they're not talented or fun to watch.

NXT isn't stupid contests anymore its become a second superstars show really, its fun to watch for the outrageous storylines they have and the matches are good most of the time.

·
Providing For My Family
6,868 Posts
I know what you mean and I ma glad I watch online. Still annoying to have to keep skipping through. It really is just overkill and is pointless.

·
Buried by the man with three H's
1,166 Posts
RAW recaps RAW, sometimes a clip from SmackDown.
NXT recaps RAW.
SuperStars recaps RAW.
Then if nobody has already seen it, SmackDown recaps RAW.

Which immediately after SmackDown, on Sky Sports, we get WWE Late Night Bottom Line... RAW f*cking recaps! lol

The only show that recaps SmackDown properly, is Late Night Afterburn, which is on Sunday nights around 11pm on Sky Sports... After SmackDown has been shown 6 times from Friday night through Saturday, across Sky Sports 2, 3 and 4.

WWE Experience at 5pm on Sunday (Sky Sports 3) covers both RAW and SmackDown recaps.

WWE Vintage is the best recap show by far, since it covers as far back to the 80's and WCW, with nothing recent. :cool:

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
RAW is the flapship show. It's the show where all the important storylines happen and it's the only show they even pretend to care about. Can you imagine if the did an NXT recap on RAW this week? Not a single fuck would be given.

·
Registered
4,305 Posts

If people actually got around to watching NXT and Superstars, it wouldn't be considered a burial or a demotion when wrestlers appeared on them.

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
It fills out time because they dont have enough original content, this valuable time that the could be giving air time to people who need it like Rhodes, Ziggler, Ryback, Cessaro or blood some new guys.

Instead the pander to the 1% of the fan base that are goldfish and have a 2 second memory.

The constant recaps all night on every show of something that happened 2 mins ago is insulting to us fans.

·
Premium Member
44,440 Posts
I actually played a drinking game with somebody where we used recaps as the call to take a shot. We got pretty hammered, ha ha.

I guess they feel like they have to catch up people who might have missed last week's show or even new audience members, but most shows do that by simply having a small recap at the start and then hope everything else makes sense as they move forward.

·
Shooting the birds down from the trees
4,506 Posts
I actually really enjoyed the last episode of Superstars (apart from the recaps) imo, NXT and superstars have been better than Smackdown.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Do we have time for someone like Epico and Primo or the Usos to cut a promo and round out their characters a bit?

No, fuck that. Just run back Josh Mathews getting maimed for the 20th time.

·
Bourne Better
2,270 Posts
The reason they have to add recaps in on Superstars/NXT is because they're already holding the live audience hostage long enough.

Superstars lets them do a couple of 'dark matches' before RAW, show Raw, and then send people home.

Smackdown shows have to do 1-2 Superstars Matches, all of NXT, then all of Smackdown.

Adding those extra 20 minutes that the recaps take up would mean holding people hostage for 20 more minutes than the 3-4 hours they're already there

Reactions: Jobberwacky

·
Registered
270 Posts
It's nothing new, really. Raw has been the flagship program since it's creation, so of course WWE is going to make absolutely damn certain you know what happened on it. You can get by not watching the other shows including Smackdown and still understand what's going on at a ppv, but if you don't watch Raw, you're missing the biggest story lines and the most incentive to purchase WWE products.

Not to say Smackdown doesn't have it's share of marketability, but face it, it's the other show and even it's roster isn't exclusive to the show anymore. Fact, I doubt it will be much more than a longer version of Superstars within the next couple years the way it's going. I hardly watch it.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts