Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Respect My Pimphand..
15,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't been watching much since Mania. Has Joe used the Buster on the main roster yet or is he still just "teasing" it, but never using it?

·
Banned
25,988 Posts
I don't know, aside from the occasional Youtube clip I've watched basically nothing from WWE this year, but to my knowledge he hasn't done it yet. I'm only saying that because there would've been a big thread on him doing it most likely but there hasn't been.

·
Respect My Pimphand..
15,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Leave it up to Vince and Co. to continue to water down anything and anyone in sight.

Samoa Joe sans MB, is not Samoa Joe.

·
Registered
16,460 Posts
They will probably use it down the line, but only on guys that its easy for Joe to perform it on, like a Balor or Rollins or even AJ Styles I really dont want to see him trying to hit it on bigger guys. :p

Or maybe it will be easier on bigger guys and smaller guys cannot take the move right, I dont know. As far as I know the man has never injured anyone with the move on TNA as he did the move to all sorts of people.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
It would be best if he do it on heyman last week when he put him in the corner, but coquina clutch was good enough to ignite the storyline..

·
TEAM KICK!
9,429 Posts
Don't think he's used it at all, maybe with the injury it caused to Tyson and Joe now being viewed by a larger audience, they don't want him using it, or maybe he's just saving it, who knows. He did use a slam of sorts as his finisher at one point so there's a decent chance it's not gonna be seen again.

·
Premium Member
27,099 Posts
It would be best if he do it on heyman last week when he put him in the corner, but coquina clutch was good enough to ignite the storyline..
I don't think it would be wise to try the muscle buster on Heyman, the move can be risky enough as it is to perform on actual wrestlers let alone doing it on someone like Heyman.

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
I kind of like finishers that hardly get used, for example when undertaker was the biker, he never really used the tombstone so when he did it was pretty cool, it almost became hes endgame move, only used when he had tried everything else.

·
Registered
3,893 Posts
He hasn't used it, but he did tease it at least once and Graves called it out by name.

Could see him hitting it on Brock and bringing the damn house down in the process...for a 2 count.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
He needs to use it to defeat Brock.

Tyson was most certainly already injured going into the match. No one else has ever been hurt by the move.

·
Lifting weights and eating steaks
21,165 Posts
That pop if he'll get if he teases hitting it on Lesnar.

In fact, that's how I'd book the match. Make it a close encounter highlighting Joe's lack of fear, in the same way they portrayed Goldberg. Then when it looks like Joe is about to win with the muscle buster, he holds Lesnar there too long to show boat only for Lesnar to get our and hit an F5 to win.

A bit like when Jackson could have ended Chong Li bit decided not to out of sheer stupidity.

·
Registered
3,893 Posts
That pop if he'll get if he teases hitting it on Lesnar.

In fact, that's how I'd book the match. Make it a close encounter highlighting Joe's lack of fear, in the same way they portrayed Goldberg. Then when it looks like Joe is about to win with the muscle buster, he holds Lesnar there too long to show boat only for Lesnar to get our and hit an F5 to win.

A bit like when Jackson could have ended Chong Li bit decided not to out of sheer stupidity.
BRAUN would make a pretty kick ass Ray Jackson. Maybe they should save that finish for Summerslam.

·
Let's talk about six, baby.
8,445 Posts
It's either banned because Vince is an idiot or being kept for a big match.

·
Registered
28,047 Posts
He’s teased it and the announcers and even recognized it so I don’t think it’s outright banned but clearly scaled down.

I would say I hope he breaks it out against Lesnar but Lesnar will kick out of it for sure what would be the point? Unless, they do a spot where the ref gets knocked out and then Joe does it. But I doubt they make Joe look that good, unfortunately.

·
Banned
5,081 Posts
Not even teased.
He teased it one time. I think against Sami Zayn, Corey even announced the tease on the booth. But nothing at all since then. It has clearly been killed. I never realized how much Joe needed that big move on the top of his move set to bring everything together. Without it, in a WWE basic safe plain environment, he's pretty boring in the ring move set wise.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.