Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont really understand the purpose of these guys. Theyre just a bunch of generic lackeys but I wish they had more to offer. I do hope the AOP guys come back, cause this stable is fairly boring right now. Austin Theory and Murphy just seem almost scared of a microphone its hilarious.

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
him leading people should technically be making him look better. The problem is, this whole messiah cult gimmick is just really underwhelming and none of them (including Rollins) have the charisma to pull it off as well as Straight Edge Society or Raven's Flock. they would be better if they were just bratty arrogant heels and he was playing more of the sneaky character he was in 2015.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
him leading people should technically be making him look better. The problem is, this whole messiah cult gimmick is just really underwhelming and none of them (including Rollins) have the charisma to pull it off as well as Straight Edge Society or Raven's Flock. they would be better if they were just bratty arrogant heels and he was playing more of the sneaky character he was in 2015.
The SES didn´t have the charisma to pull it off either. Gallows? pfft.

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
The SES didn´t have the charisma to pull it off either. Gallows? pfft.
SES was much, much better than Rollins's group but hey, if you feel otherwise it's ok. I just think you have bad taste.
Sarina, Gallows and Mercury > Theory & Murphy & AOP

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
SES was much, much better than Rollins's group but hey, if you feel otherwise it's ok. I just think you have bad taste.
Sarina, Gallows and Mercury > Theory & Murphy & AOP
They were better, but not much. I think it helped they had a girl in the group instead of only the regular leader and a few male goons.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Buddy Murphy should receive a U.S. title push because he can have good matches with a lot of people but since Heyman liked him and is out as the booker, it looks like he'll just be a background player.

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
They were better, but not much. I think it helped they had a girl in the group instead of only the regular leader and a few male goons.
and that Punk's promos were much better than Rollins, and that the "straight edge" part of the gimmick was playing on a real lifestyle Punk followed.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
and that Punk's promos were much better than Rollins, and that the "straight edge" part of the gimmick was playing on a real lifestyle Punk followed.
Never liked Punk or his "I don´t do drugs and alcohol so I´m better than you" mentality.

·
The Babyface of WF
12,088 Posts
Every underling should serve his/her purpose and they are simply just lackeys for Rollins to eat up punishment to preserve his well being, Taker had a few disciples like Viscera, Mideon etc who came off as nothing special while the Acolytes were used more prominently, Murphy and Theory fit the former, AOP have more potential in comparison but now that I thought about it this reminds me of a self righteous version of the Ministry of Darkness if you were to band all of Seth's Disciples and rear guard together.

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
I don't really see how they make Rollins feel worse than he is. Rollins right now feels more interesting than he has in awhile with his promos and feuds.

Buddy and Theory are there to eat the bumps that Rollins doesn't have to take. I guess you can say they don't add that much to Rollins, but I don't think they take anything away from him either.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Every underling should serve his/her purpose and they are simply just lackeys for Rollins to eat up punishment to preserve his well being, Taker had a few disciples like Viscera, Mideon etc who came off as nothing special while the Acolytes were used more prominently, Murphy and Theory fit the former, AOP have more potential in comparison but now that I thought about it this reminds me of a self righteous version of the Ministry of Darkness if you were to band all of Seth's Disciples and rear guard together.
Pretty good comparison. I had Cody Rhodes and Ted Dibiase in mind, but the likes of Erick Rowan,Luke and those you mentioned were more intriguing and looked more like legitimate threats.
I don't really see how they make Rollins feel worse than he is. Rollins right now feels more interesting than he has in awhile with his promos and feuds.

Buddy and Theory are there to eat the bumps that Rollins doesn't have to take. I guess you can say they don't add that much to Rollins, but I don't think they take anything away from him either.
If anything Seth Rollins needs more charisma around him instead of blatant charisma blackholes. At least these guys have in ring skills i mean they probably wouldn't have jobs otherwise, but they are the blandest of the bland.

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Pretty good comparison. I had Cody and Rhodes and Ted Dibiase in mind, but the likes of Erick Rowan,Luke and those you mentioned were more intriguing and looked more like legitimate threats.

If anything Seth Rollins needs more charisma around him instead of blatant charisma blackholes. At least these guys have in ring skills i mean they probably wouldn't have jobs otherwise, but they are the blandest of the bland.
and Seth should be at a point where he's over enough and charismatic enough to have some of that rub off on them. unfortunately that hasn't been the case. I still think Theory with Seth is a much better fit than him being with Andrade's group.

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
3,189 Posts
It would look better with AOP as main force instead and sooner or later they could have done a story with Murphy wanting to leave the group or something. But they got to play it with the people they got and one of the AOP is injured. So we talk about spilled milk here.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I don't think that they make him look worse and it's obvious they're just his disciples and to be viewed as less than him. He's a "messiah" so it makes sense for him to have lesser disciples. Both Murphy and Theory have talent but it remains to be seen if they're pushed.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,202 Posts
If they look bad it's because WWE has fallen into the same cliche they always do with stables. Everyone except the leader is cannon fodder. WWE only cares about Seth and making him look good, even at the expense of Muphy and Theory. It would be better if the stable was booked like Evolution or The Shield but they just won't do that because the only one they care about is Seth.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I think that Murphy fits as one of Rollins' disciples but Theory looks out of place. They should probably replace Theory with someone better but the question is who.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts