Wrestling Forum banner

141 - 160 of 383 Posts

·
Registered
7,456 Posts
Re: Mass Shooting in Dayton, Ohio, Kills at Least 9

Such an important question about an issue that when tackled will help exactly zero people and save exactly zero lives. Classifying lone wolf fringe weirdos as terrorists isn't going to change how the government counters them because there is no organized network to counter-act. 4chan/Twitter incels are not Al-Qaeda. There is no grand conspiracy of young white men getting together and killing people.

Who fucking cares what buzz words the media uses? Fuck 'em. They're all liars and crooks anyway.

The virtue signaling has got to stop. "Let's start calling white mass shooters terrorists! That'll change...something!" No. People just say this shit to feel woke and self-righteous. Doesn't accomplish a damn thing.
Yes it does matter because it reflects culture, society, and that makes a difference. It makes a difference for how authorities react and how these acts are seen. It's sociology basically.

·
Attending Chris Jericho's Rager with Scott Steiner
6,418 Posts
Re: El Paso Mall Shooting... WHEN WILL IT END! 18 DEAD, Dozens Injured

Be that as it may, it's still highly unlikely. Don't get me wrong it's fucking sickening to see it happening more and more, but the odds of you being killed in a mass shooting here in the states is about the same as being struck by lightning. These stories just get more national coverage which creates more hysteria.

Drunk drivers kill more than 10,000 americans every year but the only reason that's not a national discussion is because neither political party has anything invested in it.
You can't campaign on taking peoples cars away or alcohol away. But the connection that I see between drunk driving and mass shootings is mental health and no party wants to even acknowledge this problem, let alone tackle it. Why is that? Well, they gain more from not actually solving problems, to be honest.

·
Registered
9,152 Posts

Why do they always release the fuckers name? That just guarantees future fuckwits cause they want to be notorious

·
From parts unknown
23,257 Posts

I don't think that labelling them "terrorist" is appropriate because that word has been used to create too many wars and innocent victims around the world. We shouldn't rush to get the media to label them either - even if it is true. This has absolutely nothing to do with race/ethnic identity.

(I'm not saying that they aren't terrorists, I'm saying that the government using that word has rarely resulted in net positive gain over loss).

·
E:16
6,195 Posts
Incel loser as always when it's a leftie.

The answer to wealth inequality is to make rich people poorer mind.

·
Registered
11,808 Posts

I don't think that labelling them "terrorist" is appropriate because that word has been used to create too many wars and innocent victims around the world. We shouldn't rush to get the media to label them either - even if it is true. This has absolutely nothing to do with race/ethnic identity.

(I'm not saying that they aren't terrorists, I'm saying that the government using that word has rarely resulted in net positive gain over loss).

This is taken from the Patriot Act

A person engages in domestic terrorism if they do an act "dangerous to human life" that is a violation of the criminal laws of a state or the United States, if the act appears to be intended to: (i) intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination or kidnapping.
By definition these fuckers are Domestic Terrorists and should be treated and charged as such.

·
Banned
1,315 Posts

I'm so desensitized by all this crap anymore that all I wanna do is go to work and go home. They actually make us take an active shooter defensive course at work every year as if it's expected to happen. Like what the hell.

·
Registered
25 Posts

No, terrorist is the right word

·
Premium Member
2,171 Posts

T & P

(Just saving my self some time in the long run. Who has time to type out "Thoughts & Prayers" so damn often?!)

·
6,195 Posts
Re: El Paso Mall Shooting. 20 DEAD, 26 Injured... WHEN WILL IT END?!

Now before anyone implies anything, I'm simply saying every Nation has it's things that make everyone go "What the fuck is wrong with that place?" yet not many do anything. The people get used to it. The same will happen with the US and these shootings, it will be like drive by shootings or a typical day in Chiraq etc, nobody will care. :shrug
So the comparison with the UK and knife crime doesn't work because there is zero apathy to it in the UK, we haven't accepted, sorry but they're just not equatable. It is forefront of crime prevention, it is consistently a big part of bipartisan agreement, not arguments. No one is shouting 2nd amendment etc.

When Dunblane happened we banned guns. When Acid attacks spiked we banned acid in stores. When Knife crime shot up we restricted sales to over 18s as well as increasing stop and search powers, and now Bojo wants to increase police numbers based nearly exclusively on the issue of knife crime. We haven't sat and done nothing.

Whilst its true grooming gangs were ignored, as soon as the scandals hit, much like Hollywood, there was action, the Government have done multiple investigations and bipartisan legal and financial changes since.

You're painting an inaccurate picture of responses, I'm not debating the effectiveness yet because clearly knife crime among gangs is still an issue, but the conflation of gangland knife crime with random mass shootings is in itself entirely unhelpful.

·
Banned
1,894 Posts

After these shooters' reign of terror is over and they are sitting later in custody I wonder if they think it was all worth it knowing that they may soon get the death penalty themselves. They took and ruined many lives but they didn't change the world the way they wanted to.

I personally think the death penalty is too good for them and not enough deterrent to the next loser with the same dumb ideas. Let them live in GenPop trying to dodge shanks and dicks for the next 20 years until their clock runs out from one way or another. Allow the media inside the prison to exploit their misery. Some people aren't afraid to die but does anyone want long-term suffering and abuse?

·
Registered
265 Posts

It sucks that innocent people have lost their lives, but at the same time I'm left feeling like I don't actually care a fucking bit and honestly struggle to have sympathy when military grade weapons are readily available to the public for "protection" but then that same public are asked to send their thoughts and prayers to the families of the victims.

What does it say about you as a person if someone breaks into your house and, rather than call the police there and then, you call the police to say you've blown said intruder's head into a million pieces like a fucking watermelon with a riot team shotgun?

America is like the edgy, depressed, feminist teen who posts cryptic messages on Facebook like "wow whatever", and people pop up and say "you okay?" and they respond "yep fine, don't worry about me", until they actually want you to worry about them. If you keep making the same mistakes, the same things are going to happen.

God isn't real, but guns fucking are.

To say America is supposed to be one of the most powerful countries in the world, it sure seems like one of the most closeted, uneducated, embarrassing and pathetic ones going - and this is coming from someone who's fucking PM (prez) is this clown!

4,547 Posts

Son of Sam had a dog talking to him, he killed people, pretty sure he was mentally ill, chef jeff, bundy, Zodiac, all of them.

Mentally ill people while many are harmless can cause great violence and show no empathy for others or any remorse. Mentally ill people can be very calculating and pull off complex plans.

I have no idea why people think mentally ill people are retarded and just run around flailing their arms in the air like crazy people. In reality, most don't. The most dangerous ones tend to be loners and go under the radar.
Maybe it's just the wording here, but please be precise when saying mentally ill people "show no empathy for others or any remorse". While you preface that with the obligatory many are harmless, most people hear "mentally ill" and go with the latter half of your opening sentence as the whole truth when talking mental illness beyond depression/anxiety. I'm mentally ill, I have the big, scary, delusional, full crazy mental illness that everyone equates with violence, and I'm as gentle as can be. Some people, some of them psychotic, lack empathy and remorse, but both are traits of sociopaths and those very damaged by abuse or trauma, not mentally ill people in general.

Has anyone said that mental illness is sorely to blame for these actions? The biggest reason mentally ill people do these things is because they cannot tell fantasy from reality, it's why you always have someone imitating what they see on tv, in games etc while 99.9% of the population knows it's nothing. There's a reason why people who are ill get afraid and create elaborate fantasies in which they MUST take action or people are out to get them. They literally believe in what they're doing.
People with mental illness have a very real fear of being scapegoated. It's happened before and we make a convenient target for explaining away complex issues like mass shooting motives. While I agree that mental illness often plays a role in murders it's only one part of the equation. Grabbing onto mental illness as the primary cause ignores the social aspects; online echo chambers, radicalization (religious, political, ideological, etc), peer interactions and family dynamics.

Such an important question about an issue that when tackled will help exactly zero people and save exactly zero lives. Classifying lone wolf fringe weirdos as terrorists isn't going to change how the government counters them because there is no organized network to counter-act. 4chan/Twitter incels are not Al-Qaeda. There is no grand conspiracy of young white men getting together and killing people.

Who fucking cares what buzz words the media uses? Fuck 'em. They're all liars and crooks anyway.

The virtue signaling has got to stop. "Let's start calling white mass shooters terrorists! That'll change...something!" No. People just say this shit to feel woke and self-righteous. Doesn't accomplish a damn thing.
But many, I'd even guess most, of them do have very real communities that feed their ideas in online circle jerks. You know this, just like anyone else with internet experience beyond facebook and snapchat does. Look at the reaction threads to these events in less, er, 'normie' forums; I've read some mind-blowing shit, or it would be mind-blowing if it weren't all so repetitive and expected by this point. While some posters spreading memes and jokes are kids being internet funny enough aren't that it's a massive problem. In every thread there are true believers who've bought into it all as reality.

·
6,195 Posts

I personally think the death penalty is too good for them and not enough deterrent to the next loser with the same dumb ideas.
I rarely agree with you but this is one of those occasions.

·
Premium Member
3,545 Posts

"First step in solving any problem is recognizing there is one".

·
Premium Member
3,545 Posts

"First step in solving any problem is recognizing there is one".

·
Magic, sparkles and Strap-ons!
14,329 Posts

All of this can also be said for quote unquote regular people. People do not need to have mental health problems to hurt others (as we know them, or at least acknowledge them) Some people can be put in big positions of power abuse that position and commit violence. Others feel like they are so totally disenfranchised and threatened it's natural to lash out.

I think you're assuming a lot too when it comes to your summation of mental illness either, it's more complicated than that.
I never said normal people cannot. Mental illness is complex, it's not my area but I'm quite sure I deal with them more than most people. There are many reasons people do things, mental illness is just one of those things that can trigger such an action.

·
I WANT ALL THE MEAT!
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #159

I honestly think its time to say fuck the 2nd amendment. Too many innocent people are dying due to others being pissed off and its not fair

·
I WANT ALL THE MEAT!
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #160

Its time to say fuck the 2nd amendment like I said in the el paso shooting topic. Notice how rarely no where else in the world have mass shootings like these? Granted paris and new zeland a couple times but over all no where else. I love america but at the same time scared as fuck. Its my biggest fear dying in a mass shooting....

141 - 160 of 383 Posts