Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 383 Posts

·
I'm the world's greatest superhero. I can do whate
20,612 Posts
Re: El Paso Mall Shooting... WHEN WILL IT END! 20 DEAD, Dozens Injured

I work at Walmart and earlier they told everyone what had happened at the El Paso store. Some were sad but there was barely a reaction. Just another day in America.

·
Magic, sparkles and Strap-ons!
14,329 Posts
Re: El Paso Mall Shooting... WHEN WILL IT END! 18 DEAD, Dozens Injured

How's it these white terrorists can get taken into custody without a scratch but black people can't get a traffic stop without worrying about getting shot 40 times?
Because the terrorists have guns 8*D

I give it about 5 minutes before a bunch of people in here start attacking you for being a bigot or race baiter.

How dare you mention the link between mass shooting and white people.
To be fair, mass shootings in non-white communities via drive bys and gang shoot outs have been going on for years. It's just the media and most people don't care because it happens in poor neighborhoods made up of people who aren't white.

There is something with whites and these types of mass shootings. Though to be fair in recent years the mass shooters have been a bit more colorful, we've had some black ones, a few middle eastern ones etc. It seems to have a weird cycle.

As for any meaningful change to gun culture, good fucking luck. The Government has been trying to alter the behavior of people since the 50's and it hasn't really had the effect they wanted. Hitting gun manufacturers means they move across the border like any good American business and people like this will still be able to get their weapons. Come on, gun running is like the 3rd-4th biggest money maker for the Cartels. We cannot even stop the human trafficking that goes on let alone stop people from getting their hands on something they do want.

Another issue is that people have a narrow view on gun culture, every time people think of rednecks or whatever. Yet American gun culture is far, far bigger than that. We have multi-billion dollar industries built on gun culture, I mean baltimore and chiraq do exist. No group of people in the US is immune from it. Our media celebrates it, Hollywood makes movies about it, Rappers and other musicians make songs about it and the people cannot get enough of it. :shrug

·
Registered
22,868 Posts
Re: El Paso Mall Shooting... WHEN WILL IT END! 20 DEAD, 40 Injured

Mug shot of the white terrorist

Getting Charles Whitman vibes from him

·
Registered
8,134 Posts

Like just don't go out anymore, just bunker on your houses with ton of weapons lol

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,544 Posts

Thoughts and Prayers time again.

·
Mamba Mentality
26,071 Posts

The suspect in the killing of at least 20 people in El Paso posted an online manifesto before starting on the deadly rampage that was described by Texas law enforcement and political leaders as hate-filled and racist.

Media reports have identified 21-year-old Patrick Crusius of Allen, Texas, as the suspect in the shooting Saturday at a Walmart in the border city.

Although authorities did not publicly confirm his identify or describe the precise contents of the manifesto, a document posted on the website 8chan hours before the rampage spoke about the “invasion” of Latino immigrants and said the writer agreed with the shooter who killed worshipers at a mosque in Christchurch, New Zealand. That document was posted by an anonymous user who posted another document under the file name “P._Crusius.” That file was taken down, and it is not clear what it contained.

A Twitter account that appeared to belong to Crusius was shut down Saturday evening. Tweets on the account had praised President Trump and, in particular, his effort to build a wall along the U.S- Mexico border.

Daniel Heo of Plano, Texas, told The Times that he attended elementary school with Crusius and remembers playing basketball and soccer with him during recess. They attended kindergarten together at Beverly Elementary School in Plano, according to Heo, 20.

Heo said he fell out of touch with Crusius after elementary school. It wasn’t until Saturday, when he received a text message from his friend about the shooting and how Crusius was a suspect, that Heo remembered him.

“I’m shocked. I remember him being a nice kid,” Heo said.
Source: https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2019-08-03/what-we-know-about-patrick-crusius-el-paso-rampage?fbclid=IwAR2RqdbvD-d01XVUOzkIocuV96fd0Ihtzc6rwdXD67VbpOBOUtY4rYu81_0

·
From parts unknown
23,257 Posts

Well America is a second or third world country when you look at our health care, education, infrastructure, gun violence, and criminal justice system. We're just a really rich second or third world country.
I wouldn't even say it's a "rich" second or third world country since there's never any money to have decent health care, education, infrastructure, gun violence prevention.

I mean even our "American Exceptionalism" people openly and gleefully admit that taking care of people takes too many resources. Our arm-chair economists love to claim that resources are scarce etc etc therefore we JUST CAN'T DO IT.

So ok fine. America is a poverty stricken poor ass third world shithole.

But we can't call it that either because ya know, I'd be asked to leave the country if I hate it so much.

·
Premium Member
8,115 Posts

Because the terrorists have guns 8*D

To be fair, mass shootings in non-white communities via drive bys and gang shoot outs have been going on for years. It's just the media and most people don't care because it happens in poor neighborhoods made up of people who aren't white.

There is something with whites and these types of mass shootings. Though to be fair in recent years the mass shooters have been a bit more colorful, we've had some black ones, a few middle eastern ones etc. It seems to have a weird cycle.

As for any meaningful change to gun culture, good fucking luck. The Government has been trying to alter the behavior of people since the 50's and it hasn't really had the effect they wanted. Hitting gun manufacturers means they move across the border like any good American business and people like this will still be able to get their weapons. Come on, gun running is like the 3rd-4th biggest money maker for the Cartels. We cannot even stop the human trafficking that goes on let alone stop people from getting their hands on something they do want.

Another issue is that people have a narrow view on gun culture, every time people think of rednecks or whatever. Yet American gun culture is far, far bigger than that. We have multi-billion dollar industries built on gun culture, I mean baltimore and chiraq do exist. No group of people in the US is immune from it. Our media celebrates it, Hollywood makes movies about it, Rappers and other musicians make songs about it and the people cannot get enough of it. :shrug
I looked up mass shootings in Hawai'i. There are two entries: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Mass_shootings_in_Hawaii

One time in 99 a dude killed 7 people in a Xerox store. The other instance was in 96 and the only fatality was the hostage taker.

Just sayin'...

:shrug

·
Registered
1,820 Posts

I wouldn't even say it's a "rich" second or third world country since there's never any money to have decent health care, education, infrastructure, gun violence prevention.

I mean even our "American Exceptionalism" people openly and gleefully admit that taking care of people takes too many resources. Our arm-chair economists love to claim that resources are scarce etc etc therefore we JUST CAN'T DO IT.

So ok fine. America is a poverty stricken poor ass third world shithole.

But we can't call it that either because ya know, I'd be asked to leave the country if I hate it so much.
Honestly we have enough money to fund the health care system, but our damn government wants to keep the health business as a damn profitable business to the assholes in the health care. I hate when people argue about health care that Obama made it worse the guy was the one that started to make it more affordable, but no lets all hate on him. That was such BS let me tell you. Now with the guns the NRA are gona be red hot this is something that is happening very often and very scary. They need to really restrict how people are getting guns and also getting back ground checks just plain ridiculous.

·
From parts unknown
23,257 Posts

Honestly we have enough money to fund the health care system, but our damn government wants to keep the health business as a damn profitable business to the assholes in the health care. I hate when people argue about health care that Obama made it worse the guy was the one that started to make it more affordable, but no lets all hate on him. That was such BS let me tell you. Now with the guns the NRA are gona be red hot this is something that is happening very often and very scary. They need to really restrict how people are getting guns and also getting back ground checks just plain ridiculous.

·
Baby It's Violence
7,122 Posts
Re: El Paso Mall Shooting. 20 DEAD, 26 Injured... WHEN WILL IT END?!

You know, I could give two shits about what this dude looks like, what he believed in, or any of that.

All we should need to know is that he is a fucking murderer. End of story.

The media continues to salivate over this shit because they can break his entire life down like an episode of Criminal Minds, and people keep eating that shit up. We should at least stop doing this shit.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,029 Posts

Following the Christchurch attack on the mosque I sadly predicted that an attack or attacks would ensue before long in the U.S. southwest against Hispanics with white racists effectively blaming immigrants, legal and illegal, for the state of things in the U.S. The manifesto even points out that the government is behind immigration (which, after all, is ultimately just another government program, so to speak), but the author is also bathing in his cowardice, spreading the message to would-be mass shooters to pick soft targets. The attack also happens to come on the heels of that state's Republicans beginning to acknowledge that the population of Texas is now changing rapidly, and their party's prospects of continued long-term success are consequently suffering much as with California a generation ago. With New Zealand and the matter of Muslim immigration, things are far less "baked in the cake" whereas with the U.S. even were a wall built, demographically the U.S. is much further along with its metamorphosis.

Certainly deserving capital punishment

·
Registered
11,808 Posts

You know, I could give two shits about what this dude looks like, what he believed in, or any of that.

All we should need to know is that he is a fucking murderer. End of story.

The media continues to salivate over this shit because they can break his entire life down like an episode of Criminal Minds, and people keep eating that shit up. We should at least stop doing this shit.

I agree and I think the media is partly to blame for the increased frequency these keep happening. Stop glorifying the fucking terrorists and creating copy cat terrorists looking for their 15 minutes of fame.

·
Registered
22,868 Posts

I agree and I think the media is partly to blame for the increased frequency these keep happening. Stop glorifying the fucking terrorists and creating copy cat terrorists looking for their 15 minutes of fame.
Agreed as well. The media needs to be held accountable.

·
Premium Member
9,420 Posts

The media knows what they're doing. They stopped showing idiots running on the field during sports broadcasts because they knew it caused copycats. Profilers have been practically begging them to stop for years. They don't care because ratings/money.

41 - 60 of 383 Posts