Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I‘ve been up for two goddamn days and I‘m catching these bullshit “awards” as I’m about to pass out. It’s fucking disgusting to have Nirvana and other actual artists mentioned in the same breath as someone like Machine Gun Kelly. I’m legitimately mad about how goddamn moronic people are.

I hate all of you.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Is MTV still a thing? I stopped watching 20 years ago when music (you know, the M in MTV) stopped being the focus, and they instead became much more reality tv focused with one shitty show after the other.

·
Hiding in the shadows
2,097 Posts
You've got to really hunt to find something that resembles music nowadays. Maybe something that doesn't include a voice auto-tuner and a drum track, but a real singer and an actual drum kit?! How about a guitar and bass?! Current music is nothing but overproduced, manufactured, interchangeable and repetitive garbage.

I have lived through the disco 70's, the pop 80's, the grunge 90's, the dance 00's and I would rather listen to 100 of those songs, from those eras, on repeat for 50 years, then I would one hour of today's music.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I checked my guide a while ago, and MTV had 1 hour a week dedicated to videos. VH1 no longer has any music related programming. MTV appears to have a secondary channel that plays videos 24/7.

I watched a documentary on MTV's early years, and they said the first time they aired the Real World it got triple the ratings of the average music video. I guess it's just not financially sound to put music on television.

·
Registered
6,326 Posts
I find it laughable that MTV had music awards when they don't even show music on their programming.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I‘ve been up for two goddamn days and I‘m catching these bullshit “awards” as I’m about to pass out. It’s fucking disgusting to have Nirvana and other actual artists mentioned in the same breath as someone like Machine Gun Kelly. I’m legitimately mad about how goddamn moronic people are.

I hate all of you.
What's your issue with Machine Gun Kelly, you moron?

·
Baby It's Violence
8,537 Posts
Current MTV is basically a joke.

MTV-U is kinda what old MTV was. They play mostly music videos, music based shows like Jools Holland, and old music festival shows, but it is entirely all music which is great. Sometimes I'll put it on.

You've got to really hunt to find something that resembles music nowadays. Maybe something that doesn't include a voice auto-tuner and a drum track, but a real singer and an actual drum kit?! How about a guitar and bass?! Current music is nothing but overproduced, manufactured, interchangeable and repetitive garbage.

I have lived through the disco 70's, the pop 80's, the grunge 90's, the dance 00's and I would rather listen to 100 of those songs, from those eras, on repeat for 50 years, then I would one hour of today's music.
I mean if the effort you're putting into looking at current music is checking the top 40 only and assuming it's all like that, not surprised you'd think its all shit. I think it's just generational gaps, every single generation in history seems to do that regarding music while only remembering the best songs from the previous generation.

Reactions: jpickens and Garty

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yeah that's like mentioning Bret Hart and CM Punk in the same breath. I think there is a parallel between MTV and wrestling to be made. I stopped watching both at about the same time, 1999. Some things just aren't meant to last. Some things are just moments in time.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts