Votes: 6 3.3%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Sgt. Pepper
4,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

If you could choose FOUR men to be placed on the Mount Rushmore Of WWE History which FOUR men would you choose and why?

Discuss.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
If it was my own, personal Mt. Rushmore, it would look a lot different, but I'm going to be objective and place the names there based on influence.

Vince McMahon jr, Hulk Hogan, Stone Cold and The Rock.

Andre The Giant just barely misses being there, as I don't feel he was quite as influential as the others. Vince jr was the owner of the company during their most successful periods, which requires automatic entry onto the carving, and The Rock has to be there because he's turned into arguably the most recognizable wrestling star ever. Hogan and Austin are non negotiable because they were the face of the company during the 2 biggest boom periods. It's a pretty cliché list, I know, but I don't think it can be any other way.

·
Registered
562 Posts
If it was my own, personal Mt. Rushmore, it would look a lot different, but I'm going to be objective and place the names there based on influence.

Andre The Giant just barely misses being there, as I don't feel he was quite as influential as the others. Vince jr was the owner of the company during their most successful periods, which requires automatic entry onto the carving, and The Rock has to be there because he's turned into arguably the most recognizable wrestling star ever. Hogan and Austin are non negotiable because they were the face of the company during the 2 biggest boom periods. It's a pretty cliché list, I know, but I don't think it can be any other way.
I don't agree with The Rock being there. He didn't really influence anything, and he was on top of the world for a very short period of time.

As for him being recognizable, I found it odd you would say that when you also have Austin and Hogan on that list. They are more well known.

Also, who is well known is relevant to the times. 20 years from now, in less The Rock becomes the next Will Smith - he's going to be a name that is faded similar to Lou Thesz. Andre the Giant during from the 60s-80s was a house hold name, put in a ton of magazines, movies and he was even in the NFL if I can recall correctly. Even to this day, 20 years after his death he is still very well known.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts

This is exactly my list, and for the exact same reasons. I wanted to pick other people, I just couldn't justify it rationally.

·
Masonic!
1,547 Posts
John Cena
Stone Cold
The Rock
Hulk Hogan

·
Registered
32 Posts
I voted:

Hogan
SCSA
HBK
Taker

I also think any of these could be up their its just a matter of preference:

The Rock
Vince
Bruno

·
Registered
919 Posts

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Bruno
Hogan
SCSA
The Rock

That is just WWE, but there are alot more that deserve it.

·
What?
13,511 Posts
Yeah if I look at it objectively as the legends of each generation I've got:

Hulk Hogan
Steve Austin
John Cena (You can't ignore it)
And Vince McMahon Jr. because he revolutionised wrestling as we know it.

Funnily enough those wrestlers aren't my favourites from each generation.

·
Banned
8,283 Posts
I don't think Vince McMahon would ever wanna include himself so I'll just do wrestlers only and the ones WWE thinks are the greatest of all time rather than in the wrestling fans eyes or mine.

I'll go with Hogan, Stone Cold, The Undertaker, and of course Shawn Michaels.

As cool as it would be to see The Rock raising the eye brow I think WWE would not put him above any one of those four men for being a hollywood movie star now. Even though he's better off away from the business and knew when to get out he doesn't deserve that accolade. Shawn Michaels wrestled in WWE his entire career. The Undertaker is still around and has the streak. Stone Cold and Hogan were both bigger than the Rock was.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.