Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELLZ YEAH! Dolph FUCKING Ziggler is the Intercontinental Champion! I'm so pumped. Most of us on here said the guy was a lost cause, but he proved us wrong. Discuss

·
Banned
5,666 Posts
I was very happy and it was good for Dolph, it looked as if the IC title actually meant something to him rather than it just being a prop.

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
I bet Kofi's gonna win it back within a month or so.

Also, on this, I found the match to be very lame. Some good moments, but I'm so sick of Vickie Guerrero interfering, and Dolph recovered from Trouble in Paradise WAY too quickly.

Plus, Kofi's beat-down of Dolph was boring and lasted way too long, not helped by them replaying it immediately, thus taking up about 10 minutes of airtime.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
hopefully he has a strong reign. i am looking forward to it.

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
He's gonna make the title more irrelevant than ever. They only put it on him because they want to move Kofi and Mcintyre (sadly) to the main event. He was the only guy left other than Christian or Hardy and neither of them gain anything from it.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
He looked genuinly incredibly happy when he won it, which made me even more happy. Hopefully they have a Summerslam re-match and Dolph get's a good reign. You never know, unlike a certain US Title...he might actually defend it!

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
The way how he acted when he won is makes me wonder if they are gonna do a "best intercontinental champion" storyline aka Randy Savage or Mr. Perfect...barely anyone even sells a world title win like he did when he won it let alone a midcard title. All in all I am glad he won it, now I hope he will follow up with a nice reign.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
I'm so hyped he won, been waiting a good year for it too happen, can now cross it on my checklist.

·
Offto Club?
1,275 Posts
Yer it's awesome, was slightly spoiled by Kofi beating the crap out of him. Dolph worked hard for it though which made the win special for him, should give him more heat with the fans as well.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
im a huge KOFI fan, probably the biggest, but im happy for DOLPH. he really worked on rebuilding his character after mysterio basically buried the man and took away his credibility. but to keep at it and finally win it, i see why he reacted the way he did. congratulations dolph. job well done. hopefully this moves my boy kofi up the ladder after what should be a pretty damn good feud with ziggler. oh yeah, all heels should work with vickie guerrero. she wins championships. see edge and now ziggler for examples. exclude the mexican that was with here before ziggler. the role ziggler is playing whould have been his but he couldnt cut it.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Sadly, I read a spoiler on Tuesday proclaiming he was the new IC Champ, so I wasn't SUPER OMG excited when I saw it on TV.

But dammit Dolph, congratulations mah boi, a long year of waiting finally paid off. It's too bad he needed to win it with Vickie's "help". His matches last year where tremendous. Oh well, least he has the belt now!

-Dump Vickie
-Probably drop some heat but KEEP the same attitude
-AT LEAST have 2 successful title defenses w/ some PPV time

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I dont mind it at all, but I did have 2 problems with the match.

First of all, Vickie's interference just looked so out of place. She just climbed into the ring and all the sudden Kofi looks star struck? Come on now.

Secondly, Dolph recovered from the Trouble in Paradise way, way too quickly. This could have been done better by having Vickie distract the ref from the outside of the ring while Kofi went for the cover on Dolph, thus forcing him to break the cover. While he argues with Vickie, Dolph could have slowly gotten up and then hit the Zig Zag. It was just poorly done.

I'm hopefull he has a good reign with the title though, both himself and the belt need it.

·
40,587 Posts
Glad I didn't read any spoilers about this as I was pretty shocked that Dolph hit that Zig Zag and won it. Well not really shocked, it was telegraphed after Kofi hit the Trouble in Paradise and Vickie distracted the ref. As soon as Vickie did her thing, I thought "Wow, Dolph is about to get the belt". Wasn't crazy about the Kofi attack at the end. This is not the behavior of a face even though he did get "screwed". The main reason I didn't like the attack was that it took much away from Dolph's convincing celebration.

Helmsfan42 said:
Secondly, Dolph recovered from the Trouble in Paradise way, way too quickly.
Agreed. One moment he was dazed, the next he was fully recovered and hitting his finisher. Didn't look right.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
I dont mind it at all, but I did have 2 problems with the match.

First of all, Vickie's interference just looked so out of place. She just climbed into the ring and all the sudden Kofi looks star struck? Come on now.

Secondly, Dolph recovered from the Trouble in Paradise way, way too quickly. This could have been done better by having Vickie distract the ref from the outside of the ring while Kofi went for the cover on Dolph, thus forcing him to break the cover. While he argues with Vickie, Dolph could have slowly gotten up and then hit the Zig Zag. It was just poorly done.

I'm hopefull he has a good reign with the title though, both himself and the belt need it.
Agree completely about the interference. I mean, she can just climb in the ring, and both the ref and Kofi immediately forget about the match???

It would have looked more believable at least if Kofi tried for a cover...but maybe they didn't wanna book the interference in the cookie-cutter cliche way. Maybe they felt that Dolph's win should be a little less tainted by avoiding a missed pinfall.:confused:

Whenever I watch outside distraction of refs, I try to imagine this happening in other sports, like in boxing, a corner man is all, "Hey, ref! C'mere... I got something to ask you." And the ref just makes his way over to the corner like a summoned robot, forgetting all about his actual job, while one guy punches the other in the balls 40 times. The ref then just turns around and sees one man down, clutching his satchel in agony, the entire audience booing, and the ref mindlessly proceeds to count the guy out for a KO. :lmao

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
The way how he acted when he won is makes me wonder if they are gonna do a "best intercontinental champion" storyline aka Randy Savage or Mr. Perfect...barely anyone even sells a world title win like he did when he won it let alone a midcard title. All in all I am glad he won it, now I hope he will follow up with a nice reign.
The last celebration I remember like that was Regal and Eugene winning the world tag-team titles from La Resistance in the UK. WWE ruined that by having the decision reversed though :sad: That type of angle works well when the next mtch is going to in a neighbouring town but UK shows are so rare that it was a bad decision.

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
I was so happy about his win. Kofi kind of killed the mood at the end but it's good to see a face with a mean streak.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts