Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would you prefer,being Mr. Money In The Bank or winning the Royal Rumble?

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
Winning the Royal Rumble. You get the glory of beating 30 other superstars, and you can actually face your opponent honorable, rather than being an opportunistic little dick like MITB winners all are.

Plus there's only 1 RR winner a year, there's been 3 MITB winners this year, so there's exclusivity to it too. As opposed to being 1 MITB winner, you are THE Royal Rumble winner.

·
Registered
425 Posts
The RR is more prestigious, but on the other hand if you win MitB then you're basically guaranteed the title. Talking kayfabe wise it'd be MitB, otherwise it'd be the Rumble.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
I wonder if Mr MiTB is allowed to enter the Royal Rumble, no one has ever carried it for that long.
hah what a story with mitb then win the rumble and challenge both world champs

·
Registered
425 Posts
I wonder if Mr MiTB is allowed to enter the Royal Rumble, no one has ever carried it for that long.
It'd be interesting seeing mr.MitB win the Rumble. Maybe lose his title match at mania and then attack the champ afterwards with the case and cash in for the win.

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
i think Miz will be the only MiTB winner to lose the title match. whoever the champ is at the time will not lose in 3 seconds to the miz.

I prefer the cash-in to be against a fresh champion not directly after HIAC or or any cage match for that matter

·
Registered
160 Posts
Now that could lead to an interesting use of the briefcase.

Imagine, Heel Mr. MiTB enters and wins the rumble, earning a guaranteed title shot at Mania. The last Raw before MoTB expires, they challenge the current champion to a match for the title using the MiTB contract, but instead they use the opportunity to completely obliterate the champ, earning a loss via disqualification and drawing epic level heat. But hey, who cares? They're going to have their match at Mania anyway. Whether they win that match or not is up to the bookers.

I think if someone was able to do something like that, it would be way more epic than just cashing in the contract when the champ was down like everyone else has. Plus, it means that the briefcase is no longer a guaranteed win, which forces the crowd to wonder once IF the MiTB winner will win the title instead of WHEN, like it currently stands.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Now that could lead to an interesting use of the briefcase.

Imagine, Heel Mr. MiTB enters and wins the rumble, earning a guaranteed title shot at Mania. The last Raw before MoTB expires, they challenge the current champion to a match for the title using the MiTB contract, but instead they use the opportunity to completely obliterate the champ, earning a loss via disqualification and drawing epic level heat. But hey, who cares? They're going to have their match at Mania anyway. Whether they win that match or not is up to the bookers.

I think if someone was able to do something like that, it would be way more epic than just cashing in the contract when the champ was down like everyone else has. Plus, it means that the briefcase is no longer a guaranteed win, which forces the crowd to wonder once IF the MiTB winner will win the title instead of WHEN, like it currently stands.
How about this. Say the Miz wins the Rumble and has still got the money in the bank case. Comes out the next Raw without the case and goes on about how now he doesn't even need the money in the bank case because he's main eventing Wrestlemania. Then he should keep coming out without the case. Then on the night Miz loses his match against for instance Randy Orton and the crowd is going nuts. Orton celebrates and Miz runs back out with the case lays Orton out and then cashes in. EPIC heat.

·
Asuka
96,211 Posts
What's the point of choosing the Rumble when the MITB winner can main event WM ANYWAY?

MITB is a guarantee and opens up everything to your favor. A Royal Rumble title match is 50/50 at BEST, and if the champion is Cena, Triple H or Undertaker, it's about 20/80. With MITB, every scenario is possible and it unfolds exactly the way you plan it. Not to mention, the Rumble is a ridiculously hard match. You have to throw 400/500 pound guys out of the ring, throw legends out of the ring, and if you get thrown over the top rope...ONCE, you're DONE. In MITB, all you have to do is luck out and be in the ring when everybody else is down and unhook a briefcase from a hook. It's ten times easier, and the reward is 10 times BETTER.

MITB shits on the 30 man battle royale.

·
Registered
160 Posts
How about this. Say the Miz wins the Rumble and has still got the money in the bank case. Comes out the next Raw without the case and goes on about how now he doesn't even need the money in the bank case because he's main eventing Wrestlemania. Then he should keep coming out without the case. Then on the night Miz loses his match against for instance Randy Orton and the crowd is going nuts. Orton celebrates and Miz runs back out with the case lays Orton out and then cashes in. EPIC heat.
Oh man, that would be an awesome way for The Miz to win at Mania. It would be a perfect fit with his character, and the promos after the RR would be amazing - he could come out the next night all cocky-like and completely devalue MiTB and slander it and all the previous winners like they were worthless, only to come back and use it in the end after people with short attention spans forgot he even had it as a last resort. I would mark like crazy if that happened.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts