Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GENERIC: any product, as a type of food, drug, or cosmetic commonly marketed under a brand name, that is sold in a package without a brand....ie lackluster, having no substance other than to fill a void.

Every time I see Jack Swagger, the term Generic pops into my head. He has no gimmick, no charisma, and is very plain. The only thing I believe he had going for him was his lisp. It makes me wonder what he had that got him the job in the first place. If he was as pale as Shemus, all he would need would be black letters that say WRESTLER on his chest. He needs a tag team partner though so we could have a tag team called the Generics.

Is there any other wrestler on Smackdown that fits this?

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Drew Mc Intyre,/thread.Create a wrestler template on Smackdown vs Raw.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Personally, I don't think Jack Swagger is generic at all. In order to have a gimmick, you do not need to say it or act it all the time because people will not take you seriously(i.e. Santino). Swagger's gimmick is that he is a supreme collegiate athlete, and he plays the part pretty well. On the other hand, Drew Mcintyre is generic.

·
the endorse who set the course
8,680 Posts
swagger is not generic at all, smackdown usually does a good job of having wrestlers who aren't. the only generics i can think of are zeke and mcintire, although i've heard he isn't anymore. i keep forgetting to record smackdown.

·
Premium Member
4,072 Posts
I'm the last guy to start saying that a guy isn't charismatic or is bland, but in Swagger's case he really can be quite boring to watch.

·
Banned
5,663 Posts
:confused:

Kofi's far from generic ,now I know why the op put it's definition with the thread.fpalm
Yeh and I don't think Swagger's generic.

Oh look it's all a matter of opinion, everything Kofi does bores me, he doesn't interest me at all therefore I think he's bland.

·
Banned
10,007 Posts
Swagger's not at all generic - he's just booked as such. On ECW he was fantastic and exuded charisma, but as soon as he went to Raw, like many others in the past, he got shafted and they didn't care to build him up as a future star. Out of nowhere they gave him the World title but gave him a horrible reign. It's almost like they don't want him to be a success. He went from the energetic, cocky heel who bragged endlessly about his great accomplishments etc etc... to the generic mean-face heel. Ridiculous.

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
I like Swagger and his world title reign was certainly more entertaining than the 3 champions after him. Atleast he had a air of comedy and was generating some real heat. Rey's was like what a day and he is unbelievable as champ no matter how over he is. Kane's half a year as champ was dreadfully boring. Edge has no character anymore. I even heard him say that he didn't want to win a world title by forfeit? I don't care if you are a face now aren't you the same man who was given the nick name the Ultimate Opportunist for winning titles by: Cashing in Money in the bank after an elimination chamber or cage match, taking someone out out of a elimination chamber and taking there spot, showing up to a pay per view last minute with a beard and just so happening to be married to the general manager, killing a man's dad, having someone thrown through a flood light...etc., but now you don't wanna win by forfiet?

·
Registered
128 Posts
I disagree with the Swagger being generic statement. He is talented in the ring as well as on the mic as well. When I think of generic, I think of Tyler Reks. What's his character other than looking like a bum.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Yeh and I don't think Swagger's generic.

Oh look it's all a matter of opinion, everything Kofi does bores me, he doesn't interest me at all therefore I think he's bland.
I don't think Swagger is generic either to be honest.Generic isn't just being boring ,Kofi bores me to death too.

I always bring it up ,but Mc Intyre is quintessintial of generic.His action figure has more personality than him.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Esge, KoFi, McIntyre, Masters...

·
Banned
6,658 Posts
Personally, I think the talent is there for Jack Swagger, and I blame him/creative for not coming up with something. It's sad when the best part of your character is your entrance music. That Rage Against the Machine cover band is fucking AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts