Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
7,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sc5F4qHFa8A

He needs to go back to what made him so great in the first place. Promo's like the one in the youtube video above. I'm not feeling this hole asshole crap, he's done a complete 180 from what his character used to be. Now he's reminding me too much of some Hardcore Holly/Stone Cold steve austin hybrid. He needs to ditch the cap and just be himself and go back to his style of being a sneaky, conniving, cocky bastard. I feel like TNA is kind of ruining his character just like they did with Desmonde Wolfe. Wolfe started off with an amazing debut and then they slowly ruined him. The same thing is happening with Anderson only the fact that the Inbred Zone loves him to death will keep him in or near the main event. Anderson was great the first couple of months but slowly he is starting to become bland because he's changed his style to one that is kind of repetitive and boring.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
all in good time, he should stay face for at least a few months longer considering the balance of heels and faces currently in TNA

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
You mean you dont like Stone Cold Steve Anderson?

I'm not gonna lie, i'm willing to bet that in his mind, what with the WWE firing and going to work for TNA, he really does believe he is Austin.

·
Registered
835 Posts
He only talks to steve austin on the phone for tips and ways to improve. But no-one can ever make a comparison between the two.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
He only talks to steve austin on the phone for tips and ways to improve. But no-one can ever make a comparison between the two.
There's a greater comparison between SCSA and Anderson than SCSA and Orton, yet some people on here don't shutup about how Orton is the modern day rattlesnake

·
Registered
621 Posts
No, he was getting huge pops when he was heel , that's why they turned him face. He is more of a tweener anyway. I like his gimmick, but the comparison between him and Austin is absurd! Anderson is Anderson, he is the closest thing you get nowadays to Steve Austin or The Rock in terms of attitude, charisma and mic skills but he is different and has his own style!

·
Registered
6,898 Posts
There's a greater comparison between SCSA and Anderson than SCSA and Orton, yet some people on here don't shutup about how Orton is the modern day rattlesnake
They're both snakes and are both anti-heroes? I can see the comparison tbh. I wouldn't make it, but I wouldn't complain about it. Orton may not be Austin..comparable though..nothing to cry about imo.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
They're both snakes and are both anti-heroes? I can see the comparison tbh. I wouldn't make it, but I wouldn't complain about it. Orton may not be Austin..comparable though..nothing to cry about imo.
Austin & Anderson both fired from major companies and picked up by smaller ones
Austin & Anderson both can work the fuck out of a mic
Austin & Anderson both have shitloads of charisma
Austin & Anderson both not neccesarily good guys yet still have crowd support

·
Registered
6,898 Posts
Austin & Anderson both fired from major companies and picked up by smaller ones
Austin & Anderson both can work the fuck out of a mic
Austin & Anderson both have shitloads of charisma
Austin & Anderson both not neccesarily good guys yet still have crowd support
I never disputed the ANderson thing. I was just saying the Orton thing isn't THAT bad a comparison

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
I can certainly imagine him vs AJ for the world title sometime, in a changing of the guard kind of thing, except its AJ whos bowing out allowing tna to move into a direction that may make them more mainstream, i mean lets face it AJ's star fizzed out a while ago, give tna credit for striking the iron when it was hot but enough is enough, he gets strung up like a flammable doll for tna haters to show why they hate tna and why they think tna will never be a huge success, besides ROH could use another name after losing Nigel Bryan and Tyler

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
Here are the major differences between Anderson and Austin

1) Austin busted his ass every damn night to be the best he could be. Insane passion for wrestling.
2) He was one of WCW's best wrestlers and probably the most underrated guy on their roster
3) Anderson was pushed. Austin wasnt. Anderson was meant to get over and be a success. Austin wasnt.

·
Registered
22,784 Posts
If Anderson could be the way he was back in 06/07 (after he returned from one injury and before he suffered another) then he could help make TNA enjoyable. Right now though, his promos suck and his in ring skills aren't good at all. Then again, he was against better talent for the most part during his 06/07 run, so maybe that's why he seemed great (jk, he more than held his own during that time, but still...) :p.

·
Registered
9,665 Posts
This thread is essentially asking Anderson to stop being himself.

·
Registered
205 Posts
The whole good guy calling EVERYONE 'assholes' gimmick got old fast and is super stale by now. The guy just doesn't work for me as a face. I just like him as the 'Nice Guys finish last, Thank God I'm an asshole' kinda guy.

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Anderson can pull both roles off. However, as a face, he needs to come up with better material.

·
Registered
9,839 Posts
WWE still gave Austin some tools that help him become the greatest of all time (my opinion). Driving a zamboni to the ring, destroying Mcmahon's corvette. TNA started out well with that "asshole" thing but they need to make Anderson more badass...he really needs to raise hell on Immortals like Austin would of done in the 90's. I have no problem with seeing Anderson as a new Steve Austin if it's cool and interesting.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts