Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
There's Dynamite and a live Rampage before then, TK would be silly not to have him return in his home promotion first. GCW isn't as off the radar as some may think, it's making a case for number three promotion of late (but lacks the TV deal IMPACT has) with good attendances and some good shows. Scotty 2 Hotty had his comeback match there the other week.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
So, even if he returns on Dynamite, TK is so dumb to let GCW announce is return instead of AEW...
Ffs Tony, you pay him millions!

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
GCW isn't all hardcore stuff, they have some genuinely good matches. Their hardcore to other styles ratio isn't that different from old ECW.

Like last week's show had the Briscoes vs. Alex Zayne (Ari Sterling) & Blake Christian (Trey Baxter) in a good match. Gresham defended the ROH Title there recently under Pure Wrestling rules. Hell, they host the Josh Barnett Bloodsport shows which is all shoot style.

·
Premium Member
Safe Space Invader
15,309 Posts
GCW isn't all hardcore stuff, they have some genuinely good matches. Their hardcore to other styles ratio isn't that different from old ECW.

Like last week's show had the Briscoes vs. Alex Zayne (Ari Sterling) & Blake Christian (Trey Baxter) in a good match. Gresham defended the ROH Title there recently under Pure Wrestling rules. Hell, they host the Josh Barnett Bloodsport shows which is all shoot style.
Maybe so, but they have enough garbage involved to make any piece of steak taste rotten after.

But, it would not really matter if it was GCW, Impact, or anyone. Mox's big return being announced on any other company's product is ridiculous. I am all for letting the guys work independent shows, but you have to make the big stuff count with the one that is actually paying your way.

·
Registered
5,584 Posts
This is not a good look for Mox or AEW. The guy has the clearest path to being the number one babyface in the company and he doesn't seem to want it.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I literally posted this and it got moved to other wrestling

·
Registered
12,304 Posts
It's definitely a little odd that AEW got sniped on this. But maybe Moxley isn't returning yet and this GCW defense is just a contractual obligation to drop the belt.

·
Registered
9,825 Posts
A heel Mox could be a massive challenger for Hangman. I think he still has the potential to be one of the shortlist big money guys to take AEW to the next level.

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
Moxley will be involved in the Archer-Page feud for sure.

I just think it’s awesome that Moxley makes a ton of $$$$$ and still does GCW bc he loves pro wrestling. Those are the type of things that create life long bonds with fans

·
rasslin
9,623 Posts
Moxley will be involved in the Archer-Page feud for sure.

I just think it’s awesome that Moxley makes a ton of $$$$$ and still does GCW bc he loves pro wrestling. Those are the type of things that create life long bonds with fans
What does doing gcw have to do with pro wrestling though

that’s like saying he loves wrestling because he takes out the trash at home

·
15,681 Posts
Yeah this is already a thread in other wrestling. I made an exception with impact because of the angle there's no angle with GCW.

@3venflow brings a good point. There's a Dynamite and rampage before then. If mox appears on this show then I'm open to railing on Tony for the dumbass decision of letting mox appear there first. As for right now there's no point discussing it here. Head over to other section

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.