Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
I WANT ALL THE MEAT!
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else think it was amazing mox was dropping mother fuckers on live tv? Insane that AEW is ok with that. I loved it.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Censoring a bad word, which I’m sure we all use occasionally, in a show that revolves around fighting has always been silly to me. Him saying motherfuckers and Hangman saying shit is more believable than seeing grown men that supposedly want to rip each other to pieces have to watch their mouths.

It’s not about being edgy, most people use a swear word from time to time. It’s about coming across as a normal person.

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
I'm good with it. Not because of the shock value, but because that's what you would hear during a fight. Makes it more realistic and unscripted, which is the complete opposite of WWE.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Censoring a bad word, which I’m sure we all use occasionally, in a show that revolves around fighting has always been silly to me. Him saying motherfuckers and Hangman saying shit is more believable than seeing grown men that supposedly want to rip each other to pieces have to watch their mouths.

It’s not about being edgy, most people use a swear word from time to time. It’s about coming across as a normal person.
Completely agree. I remember a cage match between Jericho and Edge from years ago and how cringy it was when Jericho called him a "stupid idiot." I typically like more family-friendly content personally but wrestling is something that absolutely needs to push the envelope because it's hard to invest when everyone is being neutered. Like with any drama, you want to be able to feel the tension and it's a lot harder to believe that grown men hate each other when they're using grade school insults

·
Registered
8,629 Posts
on ppv ? why would that be bad,Its pretty much anything goes for that on ppv. Its human like its adult like its teenager like. Its just more natural thing to do in certain situations and depending on your character

·
I WANT ALL THE MEAT!
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
on ppv ? why would that be bad,Its pretty much anything goes for that on ppv. Its human like its adult like its teenager like. Its just more natural thing to do in certain situations and depending on your character
never said it was bad. I loved hearing mox able to express himself to the wrestler he really is.

·
Banned
3,623 Posts
What's next? The dental floss mox uses is amazing? Who cares; in the attitude era they used to do this shit all the time. Seen Bubba ray do it too at the electrified steelcage in TNA. nothing overtly impressive.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
It's PPV, it's nothing too special, Tessa yelled "COME ON MOTHERFUCKER!" at Bound For Glory and that didn't get a thread in the Impact Wrestling thread. UFC fighters have a ton of swearing in their interviews and never threads made about that.

·
WF's #1 Mox fan.
23,551 Posts
Mox swears all the time lol, if he'd been allowed to swear in WWE he would have. I bet he was swearing in his head most of the time :lol He also swore constantly in New Japan too.

More notable was the crowd chanting FUCK YOUR BIRTHDAY at Jericho and JR trying to claim that they were wishing him happy birthday :lmao

·
Team AEW
2,912 Posts
Oh he's such a rebel by swearing. :cenaooh :Out
:heston

You and some others just don't get it, I suppose.

It's really cool that he's allowed to swear. He doesn't swear for the sake of swearing, it'd be dumb and childish (or teenage...ish, I guess). He swears because it fits, and when it fits. And makes him look cool as fuck.

Some of you kids are so reaching with your Moxley critique, it's funny as hell.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts