Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guys and Gals,

I am viewing a flat today, would be my first flat alone if I like it and go ahead filing the paperwork to rent the place.

I have seen the application procedure already and I have a few worries.

I need to provide a utility bill, and the only one in my case is a credit card bill on which I still owe some money. Would this go down bad in my application?

I could pay this off right now but it wouldn't show up until my next statement.

Thanks dudes.

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry I have not explained correctly. I need two forms of ID in the application process to rent the flat. I have to provide documentation with my application form. Of is proof of ID and one proof of current address (e.g Utility Bill)

·
Banned
9,124 Posts
Oh... I guess you mean something that someone mailed to your current address that has your name on it.

Nah, they shouldn't care if you owe money on a credit card. Just don't use a bad credit card to pay your rent and you should be fine. You could always use a bank statement if you still don't feel good about it, that's what I usually use.

·
Banned
6,893 Posts
I need to provide a utility bill, and the only one in my case is a credit card bill on which I still owe some money. Would this go down bad in my application?
No, it'll be fine. Nobody pays off their credit card bill every month anyway. Do they? When I was a student I had one. I found it endlessly amusing to pay off all of the bill except a random number of pence. Used to really fuck with their heads and lead to confused phone calls. It was hilarious. I was, of course, stoned as a motherfucker most of the time though.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,974 Posts
Utilities are gas, water, electric etc. Stuff that everyone uses.

Regardless, they want some proof of your ID, that's all.

My advice, anyway, would be to get a private landlord, estate agents are no end of trouble.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts