Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to start an open discussion on wrestling moves, whether they are slams, throws, submissions, etc that you just don't generally see in WWE anymore.

For instance, aside from watching Bret Hart matches, I can't remember the last time I saw anyone perform the Side Russian Leg Sweep or regularly perform a Pendulum Backbreaker.

A move i really miss is the pile driver. I understand why it's not used (to avoid injury) but i always liked seeing it performed but I'd rather see the wrestlers ok and healthy then injured from a risky move...

Do you feel these moves (as well as any you may list) have just gone completely out of style? Are there some you miss?

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
i was in texas and so was steve austin and i said "moves you generally dont see anymore" but i said with a tone that made it sound like a question and he goes "mandible claw"

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
I wanted to start an open discussion on wrestling moves, whether they are slams, throws, submissions, etc that you just don't generally see in WWE anymore.

For instance, aside from watching Bret Hart matches, I can't remember the last time I saw anyone perform the Side Russian Leg Sweep or regularly perform a Pendulum Backbreaker.

A move i really miss is the pile driver. I understand why it's not used (to avoid injury) but i always liked seeing it performed but I'd rather see the wrestlers ok and healthy then injured from a risky move...

Do you feel these moves (as well as any you may list) have just gone completely out of style? Are there some you miss?
I agree the Russian legswip and the the back breaker are 2 you don't see anymore and the spine buster too

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
You don't see the figure four leg lock as much anymore, or the abominable stretch.

·
Registered
88 Posts
German suplexes
Belly to Belly suplexes
Regular old DDTs(maybe the Divas do shitty ones every now and then but most wrestlers add something fancy to their DDTs. Kaitlyn does a cool reverse DDT)
Piledriver
Five Star Frog Splash(don't get why this was banned and yet the moonsault still stayed as well as top rope hurricaranas)

·
Registered
271 Posts
Sandow always uses a modified Russian leg sweep to set up his elbow drop ... Think Lesnar is the only one who hits a belly to belly nowadays.

·
Banned
1,549 Posts
A dropkick was rare for quite a long time. Now it's all "omgz a dropkick :mark:"

fpalm

The "50 feet YOLO Plummet" by that Blue Blazer guy.
:no:

1 - 20 of 111 Posts