Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will they be considered to be one of the all time greats? Bryan gets reactions equal to Austin and Rock according to fans. Becky Lynch is the most over woman in history supposedly and mainevented WM among other accolades. 10/20 years from now, will Bryan be named alongside Hogan, Austin, Rock on Mt Rushmore of wrestling? Will Becky considered to be one of the women GOATS along Trish, Lita?

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
Re: Will Bryan and Becky be included in Mt Rushmore of wrestling in 20 years?

Becky in terms of women wrestling, maybe. She's headline WM. Her fighting her way to the top is a great story. She came back from retirement to wrestle. For a while she was one of the coolest characters around. Has had some of the best women's matches in WWE. A great promo. I think she's up there for sure.

Bryan in terms of the biggest wrestlers ever, nope. In terms of one of the best in ring workers of all time, for sure he's in with a shout.
But I'm Biased so, but he's got the tools. He can do heel and face without too much fuss, is a great promo, his run during the Yes era is still one of the great moments of the last ten years. WM 30 is up there as one of the greatest endings. His comeback from a injury was fantastic. And he's one of the best in ring workers of his generation.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts

Mt. Rushmore only has 4 spots and there's a slew of wrestlers you could put there before Bryan and Becky.

Even if you did a womens only Mt Rushmore Becky still wouldnt be up there cause those spots are taken by Chyna,Trish,Lita...

For the fourth spot its really hard to pick between Victoria and Mickie James. There prety much neck to neck for me but I'd say Victoria ever so slightly edges out Mickie

·
Registered
937 Posts

Lynch will probably be included in the female Mount Rushmore.

Bryan has zero chance of reaching the male Mount Rushmore. The likes of HHH, Taker, Savage, HBK, Cena, Bret and others have a better claim than Bryan. And that's without mentioning Hogan, Rock, Austin and Flair.

·
Registered
12,395 Posts

No.

Three of the four spots are set in objective stone with the forth spot usually being a toss up between the same handful of people (Flair, Andre, Thesz, ect)

Short of one guy creative a wrestling boom, which isn't likely to happen anytime soon, no one's getting swapped out.

·
Baby Yoda
29,356 Posts

Lynch will probably be included in the female Mount Rushmore.

Bryan has zero chance of reaching the male Mount Rushmore. The likes of HHH, Taker, Savage, HBK, Cena, Bret and others have a better claim than Bryan. And that's without mentioning Hogan, Rock, Austin and Flair.
Lesnar has a bigger claim than a lot of guys you listed.

He never gets any respect from fans, his match catalog is insane, he's main evented multiple WMs, drawn ratings and houses and he's been a top star basically since he debuted. In kayfabe he might be the GOAT wrestler.

·
Registered
6,474 Posts

I don't think there is a 4th in Mt. Rushmore for WWE.

Hogan, Austin, and Rock are locks. But people debate the 4th. If you have to debate it, it shouldn't count.

·
Registered
853 Posts
No because they are top stars in the worse period if you talking about a women’s mount rushmore. Then sure Becky Lynch would be in it, but overall no neither one the sad fact in 20 years time people will still be talking about the likes of Hogan, Rock, Austin more then the current stars.

·
Asuka
96,501 Posts

I don't think there is a 4th in Mt. Rushmore for WWE.

Hogan, Austin, and Rock are locks. But people debate the 4th. If you have to debate it, it shouldn't count.
For WWE it's clearly Bruno. If you're including the entirety of wrestling, I'd say Flair.

Bryan will never be on the Mt. Rushmore. Becky will never be unless it's a womens specific Rushmore in which case she's the #1 spot.

·
CHAIRMAN of WF
2,528 Posts

I never understood the fascination with having a Mt. Rushmore for wrestling. Hell, the actual Mt. Rushmore isn't anything special, so why some feel the need to incorporate one in wrestling is beyond me. There are simply too many iconic figures in wrestling to nitpick who were the four greatest.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
10,597 Posts

Did you seriously make a(nother) poor thread so that you can start a circle jerk here for your negative opinions about both names KNOWING how controversial that statement is, OP? :punk2

Edit:

Anyway, placing Becky Lynch next to Hulk Hogan would be so worth the awesome moment :trips8

·
it's a tarp!
4,705 Posts

Just to throw in my Mount Rushmore of wrestling, just coz

Hulk Hogan, Vince McMahon, Steve Austin, The Rock

Bryan and Becky are non-runners.

1 - 20 of 126 Posts