Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Thursday 28th October 2010

Big Sexy To Promote One Off Show

<> Earlier today "Big Sexy" Kevin Nash confirmed via his twitter account that he will be promoting a one off wrestling show to help raise money for returning injured troop members and to say thank you to the fans for the support shown to him over his career. An official press release a few hours later put more meat on the bones, stating the money taken would be donated to a troop recovery unit in Detroit, Michigan, which is where the show will occur and is also where Nash was born. Interestingly the press release revealed that a few current and former WWE wrestlers would be involved, something that was also reported on WWE.com's World wide news section. It's believed this is due to the relationship between Nash and his former "Kliq" member Paul Levesque, aka Triple H, whom of course is now in a much higher position within the company backstage. Two current Monday Night Raw performers will headline the show; Daniel Bryan & William Regal, in what will be a mentor/student type singles match showdown. It was also revealed that long term friends Scott Hall & Sean Waltman will feature on the card, likely in some kind of tag team match, but as of now no other details of the show have been announced. Kevin Nash recently left TNA after his contract expired, claiming on twitter that he would be retiring from wrestling and this now seems to affirm such, only this way it'll be much more on his own terms. The show will be taking place on Saturday the 27th of November and will be promoted under the promotional name of Motor City Wrestling, with the tag line of 'The Big Thank You'. In a final note Shawn Michaels commented on this news via twitter, saying; "Where's my invite Big Kev?".
Copyright © WNE.com 2010. All rights reserved.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Friday 29th October 2010

Dixie Puts Safety Catch On The Guns

<> Following on from yesterdays news about a one off wrestling show promoted by retiring Kevin Nash, to help raise money for injured returning troop members and to say thank you to the fans that have supported him throughout his career, a message on Nash's twitter account sent the tweeters into a twittering frenzy. This lunch time Kevin Nash left the following tweet; "WGTT vs. MCMG's, afraid not guys, Dixie has put The Guns under lock and key, nice." This of course saw many angry tweets aimed towards Dixie Carter appear not long after. It now seems that not only have the Motor City Machine Guns been banned from appearing, but all TNA performers have been told, via a mass e-mail, that they are categorically not allowed to part-take in the upcoming show promoted by Kevin Nash, as it would be unprofessional for their wrestlers to be seen together in any form with the direct competition. About 30 minutes later however it seems Alex Shelley decided to hit out and maybe start an inter-company war between the performers and the president/owner Dixie Carter, as he tweeted; "Hey Big Sexy, I've got the number for the Masked City Machine Gun's if you need a good tag team." Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin are scheduled to defend the TNA World Tag Team Titles tonight on a live show in Springfield, Missouri against Generation Me, we will of course update you with any further developments on this story.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Saturday 30th October 2010

Billy Is Gunning For Nash

<> In another Kevin Nash twitter based news story, Monty Sopp, aka Billy Gunn, launched what seems like a hate fueled attack towards the former WWF Champion. The somewhat cryptic tweet reads; "A BIG THANK YOU, FOR FINALLY RETIRING!" We aren't aware of any previous beef between the two but of course many wrestlers harbor bad feelings towards one another and it seems now was an ideal time for Gunn to let those feelings known. Nash's response was of a high natured spirit however; "That's real cute Kip, real cute, now go back to being a handyman, or, being an Ass Man with Pinky" The last part of that tweet refers to the extra-marital affair Billy Gunn had with a lady named Deborah 'Pinky' Simovitch, which was recently revealed via youtube phone tapped conversations between the two. The pair did spend time together in the early 90's in WWF and then more recently in TNA, where infact Kip's debut was in a match where he cost Nash the TNA World Heavyweight Title. One of our sources within TNA revealed his surprise by this sudden conflict, saying that he always thought that the duo were pretty close buddies. In a small follow up to yesterday's story, the Motor City Machine Guns retained their TNA World Tag Team Titles against Generation Me last night at a live event, despite rumors that they would be forced to drop the straps, due to the tweet by Shelley that suggested they would wrestle under masks without permission. We will of course keep you up to date with the Nash/Gunn situation and any other stories relating to the one off Kevin Nash promoted wrestling show, which takes place on Saturday the 27th of November.

·
You are being watched
5,683 Posts
I love this idea, it's very unique and definitely something that I would love to see! I am a big Kevin Nash mark so i'm glad he's, the focal point, of this BTB and it's a nice refreshing change. I like the contreversy regarding what seems to be quite a small project. I can't see Carter not allowing MCMG to wrestle, as they are infact on open contracts and they both work several indy dates, but I guess thats the beauty of BTB.
I like the banter between Kip and Nash, makes this seem that much more "real" and I love the reference to his affair :lmao: great job! I hope you keep these "insiders notes" going for a little while before you actually do the show, they're great and make for a nice, quick read which don't give too much away but give enough away for me to be interested.
For saying how little you've done so far, you've done a great job! The banner for the news website makes it look so professional and realistic, as does the Copyright yada yada ya at the bottom. Spelling and grammar seems to be perfect!
You've got a definite reader in me.

Edit: I marked at the thought of MCMG vs WGTT! and :lmao: @ Shelly tweeting he'll wrestle under masks if Dixie doesn't allow him to wrestle anyway! I just realised why the Guns are so passionate about wrestling at this event, and thats because they're from Detroit aswell. If you meant to do that, then you are a secret genious ;)

·
Registered
250 Posts
I like all of your news updates and all of the controversy heating up with "Big Sexy" Kevin Nash, I really like it and Billy Gunn taking shots at him should actually be a good thing for ratings, as long as he don't wrestle aka actually retire! Dixie saying the name Motor City Machine Guns is cool and the debut of The Masked CIty Machine Guns, lol man. I can't wait for the future updates, good luck homie.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Sunday 31st October 2010

Nash Confirms More Names

<> In a small update we can now exclusively reveal, thanks to a phone call interview with Kevin Nash himself, that the following wrestlers; Booker T, Diamond Dallas Page, Justin Credible, Mark Jindrak & The Steiner Brothers, are scheduled to be involved in some form or another at the injured troops fund raising event entitled 'The Big Thank You', taking place in Detroit, Michigan, on Saturday the 27th of November. It came as no surprise to us that The Steiner Brothers were confirmed as they are Michigan natives, with Scott actually residing in Detroit and being a very close buddy of "Big Sexy". Nash mentioned its likely they will face off against Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin, aka the World's Greatest Tag Team, in a tag team clash that will see the past do battle with the present. This of course rules out a much hoped for encounter with the Motor City Machine Guns (or Masked City Machine Guns), with Nash stating that whilst he would have loved the Detroit born duo to be involved on the show, he also didn't want them to get into hot water with TNA management. With regards to Booker & Dallas, Nash said that it's unlikely the pair will wrestle, however they will be appearing on the show and will be a major part of the after show fan fest, where fans will be able to meet the wrestlers, get signed photographs and even win some prizes.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Monday 1st November 2010

Hall Clean But Not Ready

<> Following on from news yesterday that Justin Credible will be on the Kevin Nash promoted retirement and injured troop fund raising show, named 'The Big Thank You', we can confirm this booking comes as a direct result of Scott Hall's current health predicament. After his release from TNA, following a charge of disorderly conduct and resisting a police officer, Hall checked into a WWE sponsored rehab. The word is that since leaving the rehab facility in early October, "Da Bad Guy" has managed to stay clean of alcohol or drugs and has infact started to get himself into some sort of in-ring shape, however Nash is worried that the pressure to get into top condition quickly will potentially send him off the rails again, as such Hall won't be wrestling at the event. This is where Justin Credible comes into play, as he and Sean Waltman teamed together as part of the X-Factor stable during 2001, so they will be performing in a tag team match, against an unnamed team as of now. Waltman & Credible will be able to use the X-Factor name, which is still owned by WWE, but because Triple H is backing his friend with the show the copyright issues aren't a problem. On the Triple H note, Nash left a teasing message on twitter earlier today; "Curtain Call II? Never say never......" The Curtain Call was one of the more talked about actions involving The Kliq, a backstage group in the WWF during the mid-1990s, composed of Shawn Michaels, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Triple H and Sean Waltman. During a WWF live event Hall, Michaels, Hunter & Nash gathered in the ring after the main event and hugged it out, as it was the last contractual obligation for Hall & Nash before they left for rivals WCW, the problem being that two were working as faces and two were heels.

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
Liking this build. So is this going to just purely be a one off show or will it go somewhere afterwards.

Reactions: berrysi

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Tuesday 2nd November 2010

Extreme Stars Cross The Line

<> In what can be considered as breaking news, moments ago we received word from a source inside of TNA that confirmed former ECW stars Raven, Rhino and Sabu have quit TNA. The trio were part of the EV 2.0 stable that was formed shortly after the ECW reunion pay–per–view event; Hardcore Justice: The Last Stand. It appears as if Dixie Carter's refusal to allow TNA performers to part-take in the Kevin Nash promoted show was indeed the trigger for this action. The decision made by Dixie was due to the highly involved nature of WWE within the show and feels it would be unprofessional to be seen together at an event with their direct competition. This created a fair deal of animosity among the TNA locker room, especially with those from the Michigan area, those whom deem Kevin Nash a good friend and those whom wanted to be part of a show raising funds for a worth wild cause. Raven hasn't been happy in TNA for quite a while according to fellow wrestlers and his lack of interest in the current EV 2.0 storyline/role has been clearly evident on screen. Its believed Raven is looking into doing more film work, with some interest in eventually putting his creative side towards his own film projects. Rhino has been upset at what he believes to be an under-usage of his talents in TNA, especially over the past year and is hoping to work his way back into the WWE, seeing this event as a potential showcase to achieve just that. Rhino was also born and still resides in Detroit, Michigan, so this was something he really wanted to be a part of. Sabu is another Michigan native and whilst not completely unhappy with TNA, he wasn't best pleased about not being allowed to perform what is essentially a charity event and is able to earn a decent amount from working the independent scene in the United States, plus all over the World. The chances of Rhino & Sabu at 'The Big Thank You' show seem likely, however this news could signal the end of Raven within the wrestling business.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Really enjoying this so far, and surprisingly, rather than have everyone in WWE revolt, leave and join Nash's company your going for realism, signing free agents and available talent, very well done and good luck.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Wednesday 3rd November 2010

Divas To Do Battle In Detroit

<> Late last night on her official website, former TNA Knockout champion Awesome Kong announced that she will be wrestling on the Kevin Nash promoted injured troop fund raising event at the end of the month. She also mentioned that she will be wrestling against former WWE & TNA diva Stephanie Finochio, aka Trinity. This morning Kevin Nash left the following tweet regarding this news; "A wrestling show without divas, not on my watch." Since Trinity's release from the WWE in June of 2007 she has not made any wrestling appearances, focusing primarily on her stunt work, however with this wrestling show being for a good cause and getting to perform with arguably the no.1 Women's wrestler in the United States, Trinity is coming out of retirement. Awesome Kong on the other hand has been wrestling frequently since leaving TNA, of which ended following on from the whole Bubba the Love Sponge incident. For those not clued up, in January of this year Bubba the Love Sponge claimed on his radio show that Awesome Kong had legitimately attacked him whilst backstage at an Impact taping the previous day, due to his negative comments concerning the Haiti earthquake relief project. Kong, who had been a driving force in the wrestling community in raising funds for Haiti, was reportedly sent home from the tapings following the altercation and that was effectively it for her tenure in TNA, with both sides claiming different reasons for the release. Kong is currently working for Shimmer, the National Wrestling Alliance, Lucha Libre USA, plus various independent promotions in the US and Japan, however there is said to be interest from both parties for Kong to eventually join the WWE family.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Thursday 4th November 2010

Hardcore Threesome Confirmed

<> Following on from a news story that broke a couple of days ago, we can confirm, thanks to an e-mail a few minutes ago from "Big Sexy" Kevin Nash, that previously mentioned departed from TNA and former ECW stars; Raven, Rhino and Sabu, will be taking part in the Kevin Nash retirement charity show taking place on Saturday the 27th of November in Detroit, Michigan. It was widely expected that Raven would no longer be seen within the wrestling business but his inclusion as a competitor in a Forever Hardcore Triple Threat match appeared to discredit that theory, that was until this tweet; "A proper last stand on the 27th, Quote The Raven...... Forever Hardcore." So now not only is this a final goodbye for Kevin Nash but also for Scott Levy, aka the man known as Raven. On the other side of the ring it seems that Rhino has entered talks with WWE about a possible return following this show, with sources stating that with many injuries among the current WWE roster that they are looking to fill some holes within each brand with veteran wrestlers. Last but not least, "The Homicidal, Suicidal, Genocidal" Sabu has made himself available for independent or International wrestling shows via his agent for the remainder of 2010 and into the new year.

·
HEY YO
4,622 Posts
I'm excited to see you start up a new project, as I was enjoying your retro WWF thread you started awhile ago. Usually your backstory's are put together rather nicely, so I can't wait to see just what this produces.

I like the idea of Nash going for one last show. He owns as a personality, and not only that, but you can use his friendships with people, as you have done with Triple H, Michaels, Hall and Waltman to make the show better, and to get some hype for the show. Regal/Danielson one on one should damn well own to, if this is a one off, it MUST be in full.

Dixie Carter not allowing her talent to compete on the show really seems like something she would do. I like Shelley and Sabin, but I don't know that much about them, so I'm not really sure if they would rebel against Carter or not. With that being said, I do love the idea, just not sure if it's realistic or not.

I've got a feeling the Billy Gunn thing might all be a joke, and he really will make an appearance, otherwise, I don't know, this news update seems rather pointless.

Booker T, DDP and The Steiner Brothers add even more ownage to what is sure to be an epic show.

Scott Hall not wrestling is something I like, simply because he sucks in the ring now days, but he can still cut a fair promo. Credible taking his place is something I don't really mind, as X Factor should be able to put on a good show. If The Curtain Call gets rehashed, I'd mark.

The Extreme superstars joining in is nice to, giving this event a real old school feel to it. Rhyno owns, Sabu is a spot monkey, and Raven owns as well, so I'd like to see ALL of them appear.

The Divas don't really interest me, basically because I hate Awesome Kong.

Honestly, whilst I think things are running a little to smoothly in the set up of such an event, you've definitely got me interested. I'll be reading.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Friday 5th November 2010

New Development For Nash

<> It should be said that this update should be considered only a rumor at this point in time, however according to several sources at WWE Headquarters in Stamford, Connecticut, procedures have been set in motion towards making an official offer to Kevin Nash. The offer isn't as an on-screen performer or backstage hand though, instead the offer links into his current project as a wrestling promoter. Triple H, whom of course is a great friend of Big Kev's, is said to be pushing for Vince and the WWE to set up a new promotional link of sorts, which slightly differs from Florida Championship Wrestling, which is just a development promotion. The idea would be similar to that of ECW in the 90's, where the WWE would aid the company in a financial sense and allow for WWE to send workers to an outside promotion in order to test out different characters/gimmicks, learn from veteran wrestlers or to simply work off ring rust without working with wrestlers in training, something FCW has an abundance of. Kevin Nash is set to be offered this partnership with WWE but that of course relies upon him wanting to become a full time wrestling promoter/owner, something which nobody is aware of. Its not known if this deal would be offered to someone else if Kevin Nash turns it down but its believed the relationship between Nash and Hunter plays a huge part, so its doubtful another person or promotion would receive such opportunity.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I had to go back (not that it was much lol) to see all the news updates. This looks really good, and I like the fact that it is being SLOWLY build up, besides it being done in a credible way. I really really like it, and now we might see the retirement show end up being a promotion thanks to WWE. You have me hooked, excellent work with the backstory of this project, but is nothing new, as what I have read from you, at least on the other forum, has always been great.

·
Bowing down to the BEAST INCARNATE
4,567 Posts
I'm in awe mate. This is fresh, refreshing, cool as the summer breeze listening to 10 000 Maniacs' Because the Night. Anyhow, This is bound to be not only awesome but super awesome. The slow build, the realism of it all and the ease in your writing style is excellent. Nothing seems forced and everything falls into place perfectly witout taking our breath away (negatively that is).

The WWE involvement would mean a continuation for Nash and I really hope this is the direction this one off thing turns into.

Keep threading, I'll be reading intently.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts