Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A group called "Mothers Opposing McMahon" has been formed to, well, oppose Linda McMahon. The group says Linda has spent $50 million to buy an election, and that $50 million was earned by promoting extremely violent sexually explicit content featuring abusive, degrading treatment of women to children. "She earned her millions putting her workers at risk, and failing to provide health insurance or other disability benefits. The candidate now promising to create jobs laid off 10% of her work force to protect her personal profits," said the group in a statement. The Democratic State Central Committee is behind the group.

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/stories/Mothers_Opposing_McMahon_Melina_Note_WWE-Comi.shtml

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
Welcome to Politics. It may not be fair, but if you're willing to spend $50,000,000 to basically buy your Senate Seat like Linda said she was willing to do. Stuff like this is gonna come up. Although, she's not really hiding from it. Not like she can anyway. She's just distancing herself from it.

It didn't stop Arnold Schwarzenegger or Jesse Ventura from getting elected Governor.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
A group called "Mothers Opposing McMahon" has been formed to, well, oppose Linda McMahon. The group says Linda has spent $50 million to buy an election, and that $50 million was earned by promoting extremely violent sexually explicit content featuring abusive, degrading treatment of women to children. "She earned her millions putting her workers at risk, and failing to provide health insurance or other disability benefits. The candidate now promising to create jobs laid off 10% of her work force to protect her personal profits," said the group in a statement. The Democratic State Central Committee is behind the group.

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/stories/Mothers_Opposing_McMahon_Melina_Note_WWE-Comi.shtml

alright, go mothers beat linda. i support you guys 100 percent.

·
Registered
12,415 Posts
I can't see Linda possibly turning face here.

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
WOW ya'll hypocrites much? the people who say the attitude era was the best ever? you can't just change just because you don't want linda elected.

To the woman who formed this group WOW 8+ years late girls. I hate people like this who think they are god just like the FCC...

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
WOW ya'll hypocrites much? the people who say the attitude era was the best ever? you can't just change just because you don't want linda elected.

To the woman who formed this group WOW 8+ years late girls. I hate people like this who think they are god just like the FCC...
As a Brit it makes no difference to me whether she's elected or not but I nevertheless applaud any action that helps to keep Linda out. My reading of US politics leads me to believe that I wouldn't vote Democrat because they're too right wing so I definitely wouldn't want a Republican in office.

Does that make me a hypocrite? Maybe but I can live with it.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
You're missing something. The 'PG era' (and most of the byproducts of it) are a result of her Senate Race, anyway. It's funny to know that after all of WWE's trouble, her opponents just went to past footage, which is exactly what plenty of posters on this very message board predicted.

It's a fail worth laughing at.

·
Premium Member
15,437 Posts
I belong to the political group: Democrats Opposing Dumb Republican Whores Buying Political Office

Our main opponents are Meg Shitman and Linda McMahon

·
Registered
889 Posts
Aren't pretty much all of those clips from when WWE were TV-14? If there were young children watching then that wasn't Linda's fault.

Having said that, my feelings towards Linda and her politics are pretty much the same as peepoholics so if this keeps her out then congrats to Mothers Opposing McMahon.

·
Premium Member
15,437 Posts
And personally I have nothing against the WWE's content or how she made her money. It's just entertainment, however, I don't see how being married to a billionaire wrestling gawd makes you qualified for office. Especially when the average republican politician with years of political background isn't even qualified for office.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I thought mothers would have better things to do than form crappy politic smudge groups with clips from 10+ years ago, whine about the slightest mistreatment of their gender on TV, and blame everyone but themselves for the poor values and behaviours of their children.

Clearly I gave them too much credit.

·
Premium Member
15,437 Posts
^ I think you are missing the point. They are just trying to block this dumb bitch from snatching up a senate seat.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Has anyone who's gone against Linda seen WWE over the years or what?

If Linda provided a 10 min video of each year in WWE from 1999-2009, I'm sure everyone could see for themselves the evolution of wrestling.

Since when do people really care about what happened 10 years ago(not talking about wrestling wise). In sports, do people be like "____played bad in 2000 so they suck". Only in politics would people need to bring up stuff from so long ago but even then, stuff in the attitude era was only done in order to keep their jobs. WWE does provide good health benefits today though and don't even use blood so they're really helping out superstars health alot.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts