• Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson

Votes: 25 33.3%
  • John Cena

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.3%

Most well known wrestler outside of wrestling

2485 Views 26 Replies 27 Participants Last post by  dan the marino
Simple, the current biggest mainstream star, retired or not.

I'd go with Hogan, just ahead of The Rock.

I would of added Andre on the poll, but todays generation is much less familiar with him.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· The Winds of Change
5,604 Posts
While Hogan is probably more well known world wide, in recent years he has become a joke for many.

The Rock is doing great with his Hollywood career, and everyone remembers The Rock from when he was the top babyface in the company. People don't make a mockery of him like so many do of Hogan. Most people will still enjoy it if you call someone a "jabroni" or throw up a People's Eyebrow. I suppose a "Whatcha gunna do brother?!" would get a similar reaction...

Whatever, I voted for The Rock.

· Registered
4,666 Posts
either Hogan or Rock.

Hogan because he is always in the news. Whether it's good or bad doesn't matter. People know who he is.

Rock because he has lots of movies that actually make it to national theatres.

Austin is still known but not as known as Hogan and Rock. Had one movie that that had somewhat success but it was a big cast of big names. Other than that, his outside of wrestling projects sucked.

Cena is the least out of all of them.

· Registered
1,080 Posts
Everybody knows who Hulk Hogan is. Even my parents do, and I can't say that about The Rock, John Cena or any other of those guys.

· Registered
608 Posts
Everybody knows who Hulk Hogan is. Even my parents do, and I can't say that about The Rock, John Cena or any other of those guys.
I fully agree.
The Rock is also well known but not like Hulk Hogan and I believe that many guys just know Rock because of the movies.

· Registered
2,645 Posts
Hogan ahead of Rock. Rock is well known but going by two names (Rock/Dwayne Johnson) hurts his name recognition, in my opinion. Hogan was absolutely mainstream throughout the 80s and 90s and is all over commercials and television/reality shows, as well as a few bad movies. The Rock was known to most during his wrestling career and has become a bit of a B-action-movie star since then.

· FEED ME LESS!
3,857 Posts
Ill go different and Ill say cena. The rock is so well known because he quit out early and started doing movies mainstream thats how a lot of people have heard of him and connect him to wrestling. Cena weather you like him or not owns the wrestling franchise in the market and everyone knows him.

· Banned
4,446 Posts
No one from wrestling has been more successful or is more inquired about internationally than the Rock.

· Registered
576 Posts
Might have to go with The Rock.

Believe it or not, but a ton of kids do not know who Hulk Hogan is. He hasn't been in a mainstream federation for nearly 10 years, so he is not necessarily house hold name to them. The Rock stays relevant because he does kids movies.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.