Wrestling Forum banner

121 - 140 of 180 Posts

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
The Ultimate Warrior.

He is the professional wrestling equivalent of what boy bands were to the mainstream music during the 1990s. Seemed cool for the 5 years it was popular, but well over a decade later, we're still scratching our heads wondering why we thought that at all.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Ok I will bite..
The Red Rooster
Duke the dumpster Drose
The repo man
Warrior
Lex luger
Yokozuna
Ryder
Hornswaggle
The divas division, less beth, nattie, trish
And im sure there are more...

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
I'm going to get a lot of heat for this but...

The Undertaker.

100% hype, his ringwork, charisma and mic skills really don't justify the push or popularity he's had. Plus his protection from the company means that he never, ever looks weak and being capable of one good match a year doesn't exactly endear me to his working.

Seriously, Taker is overpushed, overhyped and overrated. Really don't see the appeal. He gets the push of a main-eventer without the responsibilities of one.

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
Yeah, fuck that logic right there. There is a difference between not being a fan and claiming someone like that doesn't have talent.

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
Pretty bad when he listed about four guys who don't belong too. Too Cool? Actually certain Lawler had glimpses of being a solid in ring worker during his prime and Scott Taylor always had talent.
Earthquake was a pretty damn good worker, too. For his size, I thought John Tenta was quite good. Not as good as Vader or Bam Bam, but fine. I thought his problem was more shitty gimmicks than anything else.

·
Registered
22,514 Posts
Orton.

Largest push of all time that's mostly failed? Check

No charisma? Check

Gets paired with guys who never have bad matches so kids think he's good in the ring? Check

Can't talk? Check

Looks like a greased up baby? Check.

Not a shred of talent to be found here. At least Ultimate Warrior made everyone laugh their ass off.

No doubt the kids who say Hogan is untalented will neg rep me. The only reason why the industry is still alive today with the largest charisma on earth is not untalented. Orton on the other hand has had a bigger sustained push than anyone else and the fans never accepted him as #1. Embarrassing.
Bitch please.

The answer to this thread is The Great Khali, even recently he was able to get a good reaction despite not having an ounce of the talent required to become a wrestler.

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
Ring worker? He was amazing on the mic and at telling the story. The most retarded one I've seen on here next to Punk.
Meant Brian Lawler or Brian Christopher for that post. I think everyone here should know how incredible Jerry Lawler has been during his career.

Earthquake was a pretty damn good worker, too. For his size, I thought John Tenta was quite good. Not as good as Vader or Bam Bam, but fine. I thought his problem was more shitty gimmicks than anything else.
Yeah, I agree too. He knew how to work a match. Has my respect and I'm a fan.

·
The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,576 Posts

The Undertaker.

100% hype, his ringwork, charisma and mic skills really don't justify the push or popularity he's had. Plus his protection from the company means that he never, ever looks weak and being capable of one good match a year doesn't exactly endear me to his working.

Seriously, Taker is overpushed, overhyped and overrated. Really don't see the appeal. He gets the push of a main-eventer without the responsibilities of one.
You wanna know why you'll get heat? 'Cause it doesn't make any fucking sense. First of all, the Undertaker wrestled every week for YEARS until recently, you do know this right? Secondly, Taker has been in MANY amazing matches. He's clearly extremely talented. Have you seen his American Badass promos? He has plenty of charisma and mic skills. Your post clearly shows a lack of history knowledge and wrestling understanding, don't even go there.

·
Registered
22,514 Posts

The Undertaker.

The fact that he has made a gimmick as corny as "The Deadman" work even in 2011 alone justifies his position in the WWE.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
You wanna know why you'll get heat? 'Cause it doesn't make any fucking sense. First of all, the Undertaker wrestled every week for YEARS until recently, you do know this right? Secondly, Taker has been in MANY amazing matches. He's clearly extremely talented. Have you seen his American Badass promos? He has plenty of charisma and mic skills. Your post clearly shows a lack of history knowledge and wrestling understanding, don't even go there.
Yeah, except his matches pretty much sucked for his first eight years in the company.

Let's see who's he had good matches with, Shawn Michaels, Triple H, Mick Foley, and Bret Hart. Four workers famous for getting good matches out of any stiff.

Let's run down the list.

He was a boring, slow, no-selling zombie for about eight years.

Then he was a broken down POS for two years.

Then he was the American Badass, and that blew.

Then he cut a lot of weight, came back and wrestled a reduced schedule against good workers and had some decent matches.

I see an average talent with a good look that managed to have ungodly great booking. I don't see a legend, or a bonafide superstar, he never carried the company or honestly did anything to deserve the protection he got.

look at some of the people in Phrederic's sig and then read his post. :lmao
I primarily like good ringworkers with solid to good psychology, or talented mic workers that can hold up their end of a match. What do you like, Scrilla? Ric Flair and Steve Austin, right? You give me shit for being a Morrison fan because he likes being cuckolded, well what does that say about you, marking for a wife-beating alcoholic and a sixty year old man who still acts like a frat boy?

My eyes zeroed in on Davey Richards. Not surprised.
I've soured on Davey a lot, his work with the Wolves was entertaining but his main-event run has seriously disapointed me. He's a younger, shorter Kurt Angle. I still think he's a tremendous athlete with tons of charisma, but the dude has zero psychology. He's in my favorites for his past work and his potential.

But if you piss on any of my other indy choices I'll cut you. El Generico, Steen, Homicide and Ki are fucking incredible, don't hate.

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
So not only do you try to bash Undertaker, but now you get on Flair & Austin? Do you not watch anything that isn't from 2005 - on?

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Ultimate Warrior is very talented. He had two of the best matches in the history of Wrestlemania.

WM6 Hulk Hogan vs Ultimate Warrior

WM7 Randy Savage vs Ultimate Warrior

I agree and disagree with you. Warrior was not amazing in the ring but I don't think he was terrible either. I was never really a fan.

That match at WM6 was amazing because it was the top two stars in the WWF at the time at the top of their game (maybe Hogan was a year or two past his prime...thats a differnt topic) and they were both faces and they were both adored. I have a hard time believing we will ever see anything like that ever again.

That match at WM7 was carried by Savage.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
So not only do you try to bash Undertaker, but now you get on Flair & Austin? Do you not watch anything that isn't from 2005 - on?
Did I ever say they weren't talented?

I was talking to Scrilla, who calls everybody who marks for Morrison a bitch or gay because Morrison is cuckolded by Melina. Considering he's bringing in personal matters I brought up Flair and Austin's less than saintly nature. Yeah it's a low blow, but fuck that guy.

And I like plenty of eighties and nineties stuff. Midnight Express, Muta, Steamboat, Savage, Windham, Perfect, Hart, they were great. Which makes Undertaker's shittiness that much more noticeable.

Reactions: guru of wrestling
121 - 140 of 180 Posts