Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
I think RAW after WrestleMania 29 still lead the unique chants because from what I read, major audiences were came from U.K

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Stopping it must be a main roster thing. The last few NXT house shows I went to the ring announcer actually paused to give the fans time to do it...
Nah, it's mostly for television. Yeah they will allow it at house show events just because it's not televised and no one gives a shit. That's why wrestlers do funny/weird/character-breaking things all the time at live events. Everyone is there to have fun and appease the crowd, and if the crowd starts doing the "ONE FALL!" thing, then they will give the crowd that pause during the announcing to do it. I've noticed it too.

·
Registered
526 Posts
US fans chants suck, same old boring ‘you still got it’ or ‘you deserve it’

The half decent chants are the Bayley and the Enzo chants, which both started in the UK events, which are sung regularly at football games here in England.

·
Devil's Blood
3,376 Posts
My Favorite right now is the ''BOOM'' during Undisputed Era's theme.

Of course the ''Adam Cole BAY BAY'' ... I do everytime in my basement even if i am alone... Nothing weird about this.
I do too. I never fail to say either when he's on the screen. Just watching this gif makes me do it.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Change the channel and beat the traffic are my favourites.

Also had a chuckle at a house show when the crowd started chanting go back to football at Tino Sabbatelli.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I remember during mid ECW when hat guy/Hawaiian shirt guy didn’t have his hat on. The crowd chanted “Where’s your hat”. Then he put one on and they said “That hat sucks!”

·
Registered
401 Posts
Heeey Bayley, owww aahhh, I wanna know if youll be my girl!! (This is also based on a song. Dont know what the name of it is but i know the original lyric is Hey Baby)

DJ Otzi, Hey Baby, unfortunately

·
Registered
46 Posts
The thing with American chants they are usually one word like USA or usually one liners such as let’s go.... you deserve it clap clap clap & are pretty family friendly. I’m assuming this is how the crowds behave at your pro sports teams etc.

The thing with football/soccer in the uk it’s very tribal, there can be serious hate between sets of fans & chants funny & nasty are used to intimidate opposing players & support their own. & lot of chant lyrics are chanted to the tune of a particular song.

Some can be very pantomime but use expletive language which if ECW had toured the uk back in the day would have fit right in.

For example if say a heel was giving a smug promo to the fans, the likely hood is they’d receive a chant such as “who the fucking hell are you!!” Basically meaning who do you think you are giving it the big I am, you’re nothing

I do think these chants work when they are done right as I said with the example of a heel giving a promo. I’ve seen a lot saying chanting during in Matches is the crowd trying to hijack shows, that isn’t the case, as in football/soccer chants are sung in encouragement when teams are winning or losing therefore in a uk fans mind you’re invested but you’re either willing who are support to come back through chanting or encouraging her to stay on top.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts