Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
The Man
25,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently watching wwe's dvd of greatest superstars of the 21st Century. I'm on Angle now so there are probably the likes of Rock,Austin, Hogan, Lesnar and Taker. They got to JBL and I started thinking how great he was on smackdown and just in wwe overall. I think he was the most enteryaining person during that time. He wasn't one of those big guys who are slow and suck in the ring too. He could go on the mic and was great. The guy was an amazing heel. ADR basically has the same gimmick but JBL played it 100 times better. Probably becuz then they could push the envelope like JBL on the mexican border which was great.

I don't know how many have the dvd or watched it but out of the ppl they mentioned or a champ during this time who was the most underrated. I would say Angle too but I'm pretty sure many list him as one of the best ever. Could be one of the few great all around superstars ever. But my pick would be JBL for sure. He doesn't seem to get the recognition like others get even though he was very great.

·
100% Straight Fire
2,692 Posts
Shelton Benjamin. It's a shame he was never over enough to be champ, because he certainly had the potential, given the right push.

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
Shelton Benjamin has no right to have his name mentioned on this list. Very athletic, granted, but absolutely no charisma at all and couldn't get a reaction from any audience anywhere no matter what they didwith him. The closest he ever got to having any sort of a personality was him dying his hair gold which says a hell of a lot.

By the WWE i'd probably say MVP was the most underrated and under-utilized wrestler in the company, brilliant in the ring and on the mic but they just never wanted to pull the trigger on him for some reason.

·
The Man
25,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright I'm watching we got HBK, TakerN Rey, Batista and 5 min left thinking its all done nope I forgot all about Cena who had to be last. Guess what I stopped right there didn't even bother to watch the end. I liked how the superstars weren't in any order really but I'm surprised we got Booker T and no Goldberg who imo is bigger than the Bookman. Good watch though. They made Angle look good which is good cuz Kurt is one of the best ever in wwe and all of professional wrestling

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Christian.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I second that JBL is awesome, but he had a very long run with the title, he was the face of Smackdown for about a year, I don't know if he was really underrated.

So, Christian would be a better candidate.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Christian, Edge and JBL.

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
Benjamin, Regal, MVP, Christian, Carlito.

I've been saying for a while that the WWE's "youth movement" should've started 3-4 years ago with these guys instead of the Clones we get from the FCW Factory.

·
Banned
362 Posts
hmmm i used to really like jimmy wang yang and i think he's is completely forgotten forever, just a filler character in the scheme of things it seems

·
Raevolution is a Mystery
23,791 Posts
Before I even looked in here I was thinking JBL. Awesome mic worker with the in ring ability to put on some great brawls. His '08 run had some rough parts but '04 certainly made up for it. Never get bored of JBL promos.

I'll agree on MVP and I'll still say Shelton too. Shelton was on fire in '04.

'04 was a great year now that I think of it.

·
Dios perdona, los Perros... NO!
3,915 Posts
Kurt Angle. No one within WWE was even close in my opinion.

Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit get my second-place seal of approval for continuing to be two wrestlers any promotion could continually rely on and never truly getting the ME time they deserved.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Kurt Angle. No one within WWE was even close in my opinion.

Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit get my second-place seal of approval for continuing to be two wrestlers any promotion could continually rely on and never truly getting the ME time they deserved.
When we're talking underrated, we're talking from the fans point of view though surely? In which case none of those three are really underrated because their abilities were more often than not praised and admired by the bulk of fans.

I dunno who I'd say was really underrated though. Anyone I really like is generally really liked by most people.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts