Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Keeping It Strictly To The WWE This IMO was the most underrated rivalry i can think of. You had 2 badasses who put on outstanding matches that looked legit and the storyline which included the great paul heyman was done perfectly, my only complaint was the non acting broad they tried to include.

· Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thinking back jericho/rock was a damn good feud. Jericho seemed to really hate rock which means he did his job perfectly, and they had some good matches as well as promos. I would also like to bring up Eddie/Angle i know it got alot of attention but if you talk to some fans nowadays they seem to forget it. When eddie was handcuffed and angle walked out there is one of the best visuals you will ever see, from angles cold stare to eddie looking like he was about to be massacred is what good feuds are all about "believability". Most importantly you had 2 of the top pure wrestlers feuding which guaranteed you would have at least 1 outstanding match.

· Registered
548 Posts
Kurt Angle vs Brock Lesner is underatted, i really liked this rivaly and the build up to their match at Wrestlemania was awesome and i remember when Brock Lesnar was dying to get his hands on Paul Heyman which they slowly tesed and he ended facing Paul in cage but before that he destroyed Team Angle. I also remember when they did some sort of trick where Lesnar was supposed to face Kurt for WWE title before WM but ended up facing Kurt's brother.

Another reason why i liked is because Lesnar heel turn was shocking where was supposed to face Vince in Cage match but then he collasped then beat the hell out Kurt who was the special guest referee. Their matches was good but best one would have to be their match at WM.

· Registered
3,493 Posts
Since this is SmackDown, I'll say Eddie/Chavo in 2003/4. The stepping stone to the WWE Title for Eddie and with Angle mixed in there building to their match at Mania made it quite interesting. The match at the Rumble wasn't all that but still.

Not really a feud but I like when Booker went to SmackDown in 2004 as well. He was the first person I remember actually calling SmackDown the 'B'Show, addressing the elephant in the room.

· Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Since this is SmackDown, I'll say Eddie/Chavo in 2003/4. The stepping stone to the WWE Title for Eddie and with Angle mixed in there building to their match at Mania made it quite interesting. The match at the Rumble wasn't all that but still.

Not really a feud but I like when Booker went to SmackDown in 2004 as well. He was the first person I remember actually calling SmackDown the 'B'Show, addressing the elephant in the room.
Honestly except for the rock being on there i consider Raw to be the "B" show.

· Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,891 Posts
I think recently Drew McIntyre/Kingston is underrated. I'd like that to be revisited and Drew and Kofi to have some really heated feuding, maybe even a blood spot to emphasize the hatred.

· Registered
10,292 Posts
I have to agree with the some of the posters, Rock vs Jericho was one of my fav feuds of all time, they were so similar, but yet complete opposites(not sure what I mean by that). Their feud was booked perfectly, it gave Jericho his first World title, and lead to him becoming the first Undisputed Champion, if only everything afterward had been booked better for Jericho, but between Aug 2001 and Dec 2001, their feud was great, short but memorable.

Speaking of Jericho another underrated rivalry was Jericho vs HHH. Now their feud in 2002 was abysmal, but what they had going on in 2000 was incredible, how WWE was able to balance both a Rock vs HHH and Jericho vs HHH feud during the same time period is something they could not do today. Their match on Raw where Jericho "won" the WWE title, received one of the biggest pops of all time, and their LMS match was a classic and my personal favorite LMS match.

This is one most people forget about, considering how HBK was always associated with another member of the Hart family, but HBK's rivalry with The British Bulldog was very underrated. They both came up together in the WWE in tag teams, they both broke off and became singles competitors, but Bulldog couldn't reach HBK's sucess. It's kinda ironic how Bulldog was used as HBK's stepping stone when he needed it in his career. HBK won his first IC title off of him, they were both the number 1 and number 2 entrants into the 95 Royal Rumble, where HBK eliminated Bulldog to win it all. Bulldog was HBK's first feud(not counting Diesel) after winning the WWE title. He was again used to draw major heat on HBK when they faced in England for the Euro title, where HBK basically embarrassed him and the Hart family and won the Euro title in England in cheap fashion. It seemed as if their paths always crossed paths when they wanted to push HBK to that next phase his career. Bulldog never really got the upper hand in their rivalry but their feuds served a purpose and their matches were usually pretty good.

· Registered
7,601 Posts
Strictly WWE i would say Chris Benoit and Kurt Angle which went on and off from 2000 through to 2003 and saw some of the greatest matches in WWE history, the actual rivalry between the two was great to watch. I would also throw in Jake Roberts and Ted DiBiase which for me was one of the best feuds of that whole era but always gets forgotten about because of Hulk Hogan dominating everything back then.

· Registered
496 Posts
Wasn't there a feud between Edge and either Tajiri and Booker T over who would star in a shampoo commercial?

· Registered
1,078 Posts
The beginning of Orton/Kofi was magnificent.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.