Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think is the most underrated Wrestlemania match of all time? A few notable contenders for me would be HHH vs. Booker from WM 19 (good psychology and hilarious commentary), Eddie vs. Rey from WM 21 (not their best, but still an excellent match), and the Fatal Fourway from WM 2000.

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Bulldogs v. Dream Team popped to my head when I saw the question.
I believe Steiners v. Headshrinkers was a great tag match also.

·
Lose for Hughes!
3,802 Posts
HBK vs. Diesel @ WM 11 is the only one that I can think of now.

Jeeez.... I know there is like 10 matches that I can't think of at the moment. Gonna have to edit this later.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts

·
You're better than that Cole.
3,990 Posts
Kurt Angle Vs Chris Benoit Vs Chris Jericho from WM 16.

One of the best technical triple threat matches I've witness in my life from the WWE.

Also Vince McMahon Vs Hulk Hogan from WM 19.

Obviously not for in-ring ability just the story they told and they really pulled it off as two dominant forces shared uncontrollable hate for one another. Also the build up promo was magnificent.

·
Hunter of Invisible Game
37,907 Posts
Seeing as no one talks about it and its rather good (pretty much the only thing worth watching from the show aside from the Tag Title match) Dory "Hoss" Funk. & Terry Funk vs Tito Santana & JYD from Wrestlemania II.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Wrestlemania X-7 Gimmick Battle Royal

·
Registered
99 Posts
Fatal Four Way WM 2000
Undertaker Vs. Flair WM 18
McMahon Vs. Hogan WM 19

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
-Fatal Four-Way Match for the WWF Championship - WrestleMania 2000
-The Undertaker vs. Ric Flair - WrestleMania X8
-The Undertaker vs. Randy Orton - WrestleMania 21
-Shawn Michaels vs. Mr. McMahon - WrestleMania 22

·
Registered
451 Posts
Definitely Lesnar/Angle at WM19, you don't see that one being mentioned in the list of best WM main events ever. May be one of the best "pure" wrestling matches to ever be main event at WM.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Rick Rude vs. Jake Roberts, First Round Tournament Match at Wrestlemania IV

Bulldogs vs. Dream Team at Wrestlemania II

Steiner Brothers vs. Headshrinkers at Wresltemania IX

Michaels vs. Santana at Wrestlemania VIII

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
In a way I think HHH/Cena from Mania 22 is underrated. It was an awesome match with a great atmosphere and a big time feel between 2 huge stars. It doesn't seem to get a lot of love. Maybe because it was a 'WWE' style main even but whatever. I still thought it was great and it is one of my favorites to just pop on when I feel like watching something.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts