Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For me, it's Alter Bridge. I genuinely believe Myles Kennedy is the best vocalist alive and Mark Tremonti is the best guitarist alive, and the consistency and quality of their music is unbelievable.

They're pretty big over here (just sold out the O2) but still haven't got the Download festival headliner slot yet and I'm told they're not even half as big in the US, for some bizarre reason. Incredible musicians and incredible music.

·
Registered
5,646 Posts
Kitchens Of Distinction, Diamanda Galas, Swervedriver, Spacehog, The Royal Family & The Poor, Cranes, Carnivore, Newcleus. All good artists that are fairly obscure.

If we are talking modern artists - I rate Society, Drab Majesty, Jessica Pratt, Tamaryn, Teenage Wrist etc. Amyl & The Sniffers are great too but they're starting to get a fair bit of momentum.

·
My mom thinks I'm cool.
1,923 Posts
Artillery have been going since the heyday of Thrash and never got their due possibly due to them being from Denmark rather than the Bay Area, New York or Germany but are amazing with as much in common with Priest and Maiden as they have with Annihilator and Exodus. Just listen to them and try not to throw up the horns:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Robin Trower is an amazing guitarist and James Dewar provided some great vocals and bass playing. Bridge Of Sighs is one of my favorite albums. Do yourself a favor and check how good they play live.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts