Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not talking about wrestling angles like Sting vs Hogan that resulted in a 1.9 PPV buyrate for Starrcade. What is the greatest angle in your opinion that never caught on with the fans, or that for some reason the big payoff at a PPV resulted in disappointing numbers, or a fantastic angle that did the WWE (or any other company) more bad then good?

I'd say the ECW invasion of 1997

·
Banned
882 Posts
Summer of Punk is argubly one of the best angles of the last several years, so I am gonna go with that. But also the Hart Foundation angle in 1997, no one ever brags on how great a heel Bret Hart was and his group, made for a great summer that year.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
I have no idea in terms of buyrates because I'm not some idiot who studies these things - but in terms of how often it's mentioned - I don't see Undertaker's feud with Brock mentioned too often (bar when someone says WOT WAS BEST HELL IN DA CELL LOL) - great feud which in my eyes really pushed Brock out as the top man in the company by overcoming Taker.

Plus, what a PPV promo! Up there with WM X7 IMO (although not better than!)

·
Banned
1,787 Posts
Steamboat vs. Savage at Mania 3 is ridiculously underrated to Andre vs. Hogan. The only others are I personally think X-pac and Al Snow were always extremely underrated.

·
Registered
592 Posts
X-Pac's entire European Championship run.
Scott vs Rick Steiner
Rey Mysterio losing his mask in WCW and getting it back in WWE/F

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
I really think the invasion angle was real underrated. Many people hated it cause it wasnt the "real WCW", but it was the real ECW, and the real WWF in the storyline.

When you think of the actual events and everything that happened for those several months, it was real great. Every single match/segment meant something.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
CM Punk/John Cena Money in the bank.
Summer of Punk is argubly one of the best angles of the last several years, so I am gonna go with that. But also the Hart Foundation angle in 1997, no one ever brags on how great a heel Bret Hart was and his group, made for a great summer that year.
how is that even underrated? its been talked to the high heaven with everyone acknowledging punk to be our saviour. has he delivered so far. nope. so does he deserve more credit than he is due. nope.

·
Registered
15,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
X-Pac's entire European Championship run.
Scott vs Rick Steiner
Rey Mysterio losing his mask in WCW and getting it back in WWE/F
Speaking of Rey Mysterio, his feud with Eddie on Smackdown in 2005 over Dominic was very underrated as well.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Austin/Rvd (Austin really got RVD over)
Hart foundation
The Rock and Big show in the corporation pre WM 15
Austin and Bischoff (Chemistry was out of this world)
Vince and Mankind 98

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
not the most but **** foleys commissioner reign was very enjoyable his interactions with other guys every week were gold. it would go down as the year i think he was most over with fans.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts