Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who do you feel the most Under Appreciated member of the WWE roster?

Be it has all the skills but doesnt get pushed. or TV time.
Does a lot of promotional work for the company, turns up puts in a great shift at House Shows, Fan signings, TV shows.

Who do you feel the Guy (or diva) turns turns up early, go homes late, helps youngsters, doesnt cause friction backstage, but doesnt get the recognition they deserve?

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
One of the real under appreciated guys is Rey Mysterio. The dude is always proving how great of a wrestler he is and imo, was MVP of 2009 which was already a couple years past his prime. The dude gets constantly hated on for being "annoying" and being a "fuckin midget" yet he is what most of the IWC claims to love and thats WRESTLING ABILITY. Makes no sense to me.

Oh and OP what I think you mean is UNDERUSED. You can still be over with the fans and still be under-appreciated.

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
It used to be MVP, but I think I'm going to go with Curt Hawkins now. The guy is great in the ring, but never leaves Superstars. I just don't get it.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Christian is an obvious choice ,but we all know the story there.

I'm actually gonna go with Chris Master as an underrated talent.He's improved immensly and has been having great matches on superstars on a regular basis.Why he's not a regular midcard on Raw I do not know.

Then there's Hawkins ,great talent .Numerous others ,i'll think of more later.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
No i meant Under Appreciated as in does a hell of a lot of work but is never given time on Tv or given big matches to be in. Rey Mysterio was a champion in 2010, so how is that under appreciated??

I was talking guys like Regal (Who had a shot and blew it i know), who works hard behind the scenes and doesnt get the TV time he deserves, despite the fact he is still considered a full time wrestler.

Finlay is another one but they may be through his own choice.

Or the likes of likes or, as the above post said, Hawkins. Works really hard but doesnt, and probably never will get the recognition they deserve.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Regal had numerous championship reigns and a role as a GM I wouldn't call him under appreciated really.
Finlay was too old when he came in ,he was brought in as a well travelled vetran to help younger wrestlers progress.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Copying of wrestlezone forums are we ;D?

Anyhow, i'd say Regal easily.
Wrestlezone? no never been on their site, unless somebody psts a link from here. just a coincidence i guess.

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
It's Shelton Benjamin, how is this even a discussion?
:lmao Fail.

It's a discussion because Shelton is not the correct answer. He is not on the WWE roster.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
No i meant Under Appreciated as in does a hell of a lot of work but is never given time on Tv or given big matches to be in. Rey Mysterio was a champion in 2010, so how is that under appreciated??

I was talking guys like Regal (Who had a shot and blew it i know), who works hard behind the scenes and doesnt get the TV time he deserves, despite the fact he is still considered a full time wrestler.

Finlay is another one but they may be through his own choice.

Or the likes of likes or, as the above post said, Hawkins. Works really hard but doesnt, and probably never will get the recognition they deserve.
Thought you were talkin about wrestling fans.

In terms of WWE management, Christian is the most obvious. Regal could've been more if given a real shot. I'd say MVP also.

·
Banned
4,120 Posts

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
Well the OP said people even like Finlay and he's inactive so I don't see why he couldn't mention Shelton.:confused:
Yeah, but Finlay's still on the roster.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Finaly's inactive ,therefore he's not on the ACTIVE roster.He's preforming in a role similar to a road agent and is also working with development wrestlers.If that's the case I can say Dean Malenko as an underused talent who's active.fpalm

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Wether Shelton "can be mention" in this thread or not, there's no denying during his time in the WWE the was a very under appreciated talent.

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
Finaly's inactive ,therefore he's not on the ACTIVE roster.He's preforming in a role similar to a road agent and is also working with development wrestlers.If that's the case I can say Dean Malenko as an underused talent who's active.fpalm
I get that. I just still count Finlay as part of the roster because he's on the Smackdown roster according to WWE.com. He's not officially retired, therefore he's still, technically, active.

Wether Shelton "can be mention" in this thread or not, there's no denying during his time in the WWE the was a very under appreciated talent.
That I would definitely agree with. Shelton was one of my favorites for the same reason I like Morrison now - the in-ring creativity. Shelton used ladders like no one I had ever seen before.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I was talking about the current active roster.

And I only mentioned Finlay because he's not officially retired but it's (supposedly) his choice as to why he's only working backstage and not in the ring.

But I would open the floor to the past as well.....and Shelton Benjamin would be near, if not at the top if the list.

And if we're talking about the past, whilst his commentary is now dull and boring, in his day Jerry Lawler may have been considered as he never got the push he deserved for the amount of work he put in. Same with Ted DiBiase snr i suppose, but he was constantly on TV as was Lawler.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts