• Shawn Michaels

Votes: 14 17.5%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who do you think made the most significant contributions at WrestleMania? It's a pretty broad question. It can be who the first person you think of when you hear the name WM, the best match, the reason you buy it, etc.

Hulk Hogan-Basically was the biggest reason for the event's initial success. Main Evented the first 8 then came back and gave us the match with Rock

Undertaker- The streak. Nuff said

Shawn Michaels- IMO has given us some of the best Mania matches ever

The Rock. Headlined with Austin and Hogan is is responsible for the best buy numbers

Austin- 5 star with Bret, 3 with Rock, and ushered in the AE with his win over Shawn.

·
Banned
586 Posts
Hulk Hogan. If it wasn't for him WrestleMania wouldn't of been the success it became. 8 straight main events and probably the biggest match in WWF history against Andre :hogan

Reactions: austin316 G.O.A.T

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
As much as I would love to say Undertaker, the #1 answer is Hogan. He built the Wrestlemania name. All of Wrestlemania's success is cuz of Hogan. Taker, Michaels, etc, woulda never gotten their chance to shine at WM if it weren't for Hogan. Mine would be like this:

1. Hulk Hogan
2. The Undertaker
3. Shawn Michaels
4. John Cena
5. Triple H

Next would be Austin and Rock. But I feel like all of the guys above have done more at and for Wrestlemania than Austin and Rock. Austin and Rock main evented like what, 3 or 4 Wrestlemanias each? The above guys have done more.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, and add John Cena too. I would also go to say Triple H as well.
How would you justify Cena and HHH's importance to the event when compared to these guys? I can see where Cena has an argument, but HHH? I am asking respectfully.

·
Banned
10,758 Posts
As much as I would love to say Undertaker, the #1 answer is Hogan. He built the Wrestlemania name. All of Wrestlemania's success is cuz of Hogan. Taker, Michaels, etc, woulda never gotten their chance to shine at WM if it weren't for Hogan. Mine would be like this:

1. Hulk Hogan
2. The Undertaker
3. Shawn Michaels
4. John Cena
5. Triple H

Next would be Austin and Rock. But I feel like all of the guys above have done more at and for Wrestlemania than Austin and Rock. Austin and Rock main evented like what, 3 or 4 Wrestlemanias each? The above guys have done more.

I am a huge fan of HHH.But even I don't think he is in the discussion.I would love to hear why he should be in the top 5.

·
Registered
54 Posts
In hinsight Hogan as he was the reason it was so big helped start it all and build the foundations for what it became. Now it is all about the Streak and Taker it is one of the biggest talking point every year especially now with him being part time i.e when will he be back, who will he face then there is HBK for best performer over the years.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Why Triple H should be in this discussion?

-first heel to walk in and out of WM world champ
-many main events at WM
-put over an entire generation of top stars at WM (like Benoit, Batista, Cena, Orton at WM24)
-has put on more than a handful of near 5 star matches at WM (Vs Undertaker 3X, Vs Jericho, Vs Michaels and Benoit, Vs Tista, Vs Cena)

Listen dudes, I don't think he has done enough there to compare to what Hogan has done for Wrestlemania, but I feel like Trips should DEFINTELY get a mention in the poll. Cena, as well, cuz he's been a huge selling point for every WM since WM21.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts

·
Registered
22,514 Posts
lol @ HHH vs Jericho or Batista being anywhere near 5 stars.

With that said, HHH may have an argument because nobody has the same star power in their list of opponents that HHH does. Rock, Foley, Cena, Batista, Orton, HBK, Benoit, Undertaker, Lesnar, Sheamus, Ultimate Warrior, Jericho etc.

To answer the topic: I think it's Undertaker. The streak is what makes Wrestlemania different to every other show nowadays and he's pretty much tied with HBK for the "Mr. Wrestlemania" moniker in terms of match quality.

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Why Triple H should be in this discussion?

-first heel to walk in and out of WM world champ
-many main events at WM
-put over an entire generation of top stars at WM (like Benoit, Batista, Cena, Orton at WM24)
-has put on more than a handful of near 5 star matches at WM (Vs Undertaker 3X, Vs Jericho, Vs Michaels and Benoit, Vs Tista, Vs Cena)

Listen dudes, I don't think he has done enough there to compare to what Hogan has done for Wrestlemania, but I feel like Trips should DEFINTELY get a mention in the poll. Cena, as well, cuz he's been a huge selling point for every WM since WM21.
Here is how I look at HHH when I think Mania and his place on the all time list. Shawn's matches with Undertaker far out shine HHH's. The triple threat match with Shawn and Benoit was awesome, but I think HHH's biggest contribution to Mania was versus Batista. HHH did his part to put Batista on the right path the being the next huge star. It sucks that Batista's injury happened and he never could get that kind of momentum back. I have never had much good to say about the Cena match as I think it was just HHH booking himself in a Mania Main Event. Cena didn't need that victory, but I will give HHH credit for going down in the books as being the only tap out in WM main event history.He is top 10 for me in this list

1 - 20 of 61 Posts