Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
3,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seeing as WWE, and wrestling in general are notorious for heavily over billing their stars....

I just can't believe that Kozlov is listed as 6'8 on the WWE website. Understandable why they do it, they want to bill him as a monster (or used to...). But seriously, 6'8? He looks about 6'1.5, or maybe a bit taller. I can't see how WWE would think the fans would buy Kozlov being anywhere near that height. Regal looked taller than him.

For the weight I think Orton being billed 240 is a bit too much, especially as Cena is billed the same weight (Cena looks a legit 240 pounder) and has MUCH more muscle mass.

· Registered
18,710 Posts
As far as Orton goes, it's a case of him being 240 previously and they just didn't change his kayfabe weight when he slimmed down.

I think one of the most egregious ones is billing Shawn Michaels at 227.

· Registered
2,999 Posts
Bobby Heenan billed Gonzales at 8 Foot.

· I must away and tend to my ravens
12,225 Posts
The Holly's claiming they were over 400 pounds.
That wasn't ridiculus, Bob's teeth alone must've weighed 250.

Christian being billed around the 230lb mark is ridiculous these days. MVP being billed at 6'3 was clearly bollocks as well, even before his real height became known it was obvious he was much shorter than that.

· Registered
718 Posts
Seeing as WWE, and wrestling in general are notorious for heavily over billing their stars....

I just can't believe that Kozlov is listed as 6'8 on the WWE website. Understandable why they do it, they want to bill him as a monster (or used to...). But seriously, 6'8? He looks about 6'1.5, or maybe a bit taller. I can't see how WWE would think the fans would buy Kozlov being anywhere near that height. Regal looked taller than him.

For the weight I think Orton being billed 240 is a bit too much, especially as Cena is billed the same weight (Cena looks a legit 240 pounder) and has MUCH more muscle mass.
You forget that Orton is about 6'4", while Cena is barely above 6'1", so of course Cena is going to look more muscular

· Registered
2,379 Posts
In all honesty I don't even see the point in having billed height and weight, they're completely meaningless in pro wrestling unless its someone exceptionally heavily (eg. Yokozuna) or exceptionally tall (eg. Big Show).

Whats funny is all the bitching Rey gets over not being a heavyweight whenever he's champion, yet guys like CM Punk, Shawn Michaels, Chris Jericho, and possibly even Orton aren't heavyweights (220+ lbs) either.

· Banned
2,700 Posts
The height I can believe, since Hunter is about the same height as him and he is a legit 6-4. It the weight that I always found far-fetch, he looked so much smaller especially in 2001-2002.
I always figured him around 245-250 range later, and closer to 260 when he was bulkier. Having 15 lbs added to your true weight seems like about the least amount they would add, lol

· Registered
2,999 Posts
Hunter is barely with Wrestling boots 6'2, which would make him 6'1.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.