Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As in which wrestler do you hear referenced, or mentioned by people at work, college, school, by friends/family etc. Who don't like and or watch wrestling?

I hear Rock mentioned more than anyone, which is pretty expected. Just in general. E.g, if people remember that Cadburys adverts with the eyebrows, the first I heard of it was when someone who I've known since I was 4 mention it to someone who i've known for ages also and both didn't as far as I know, watched wrestling, maybe the one of years ago, and he said, 'like The Rock used to do', and they both agreed like they watched it often.

Followed by Austin and Hogan (more expected). I am suprised as people never mention Undertaker, DX, or Cena hardly ever.

·
#RiseAbove
1,471 Posts
Nobody that I know talks pro-wrestling. Unless, they're at my crib because they know how much I follow the WWE

But, if it somehow does occur, the inevitable happens:
"The Rock is the most electrifying man in sports entertainment"

There's nothing you can do about really. No sense in trying to change minds that you can't, so I enter complete mark mode right with em and go on about how Edge > Everything

Very entertaining, those types of conversations. :lmao

·
Dios perdona, los Perros... NO!
3,915 Posts
The last person to have been mentioned by my friends was Justin Gabriel. And that was only because they know I like wrestling and when they watched it, out of boredom, they heard he was billed from our country. :\

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
The only wrestlers I have heard non-wrestling fans talk about are The Rock, Stone Cold and Hogan. One of friends did mention Benoit once but then it had nothing to do with wrestling :(

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
My friends who aren't avid pro wrestling followers mostly recognize The Rock, Stone Cold, Kane, Taker, Goldberg, Brock Lesnar, etc, they know most of wrestlers who were famous in Attitude Era. My family who don't watch wrestling only know about The Rock (because now he's a movie star) and John Cena, probably because i have Cena poster on my bedroom wall.

·
Premium Member
10,201 Posts
The Rock, moreso because of his films. Movie critics and journalists who still think it's called "WWF" will forever refer to Dwayne Johnson as ex-wrestler The Rock. Big Daddy and Giant Haystacks get talked about every now and again because of the old popularity of World of Sport in its prime-time slot on ITV.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Vince, Trips, Taker, Cena, Rock and Lesner for the most part. That is only looking at the guys/gals that I know are not big wrestling fans.

·
Registered
21,650 Posts
The only current guy that's ever mentioned is John Cena, when somebody inadvertently does the "You Can't See Me" sign.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
The Rock and Stone Cold are the only names mentioned over here when it comes to normal people who don't watch wrestling. I heard Cena and Triple mentioned just once before, but Rock/Stone Cold for the majority.

Nobody would have a clue who you are talking about when it comes to anyone else, even with the likes of Undertaker and Shawn Michaels.

Wrestling is dead here. We can't even sell out a small arena.

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Cena.

·
Registered
130 Posts
El Mesias aka Ricky Banderas from AAA, he's from Puerto Rico he's huge here, plus I got to meet him and Shane Sewell < forgive me if I spelled his name last name wrong, who here is known as Shane The Glamour Boy, when they were a tag team here called Los Hermanos en Dolor (The Brothers in Pain) when they did a live show I went to like 5 years ago. I only put him, cause you never mentioned it had to be a WWE wrestler, though you did put in the WWE section.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts