Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who are the most popular wrestlers outside of the WWE Universe?

Wrestlers who have became so popular - That if you were to ask a random guy on the street who doesn't watch WWE, they would know about him. Wrestlers who are well-known in modern pop-culture. Wrestlers who are an everyday household name.

My personal top 3 are:
1) Hulk Hogan
2) The Undertaker
3) Andre The Giant

·
Registered
349 Posts
hulk hogan
the rock
stone cold steve austin

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hulk Hogan, The Rock, and Stone Cold should be the only three answers.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hogan,Rock,Austin

The answer is really obvious.

I'm not so sure about Andre but Undertaker is also quite famous outside wwe universe too,but not in the same level of the 3 above.

·
Banned
4,010 Posts
Hate to say it, but I'm not sure about Andre. I don't think "a random guy on the street who doesn't watch WWE" would have a clue...same with Taker if I'm being honest. Hogan, SCSA, and Rocky are about it.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Hogan SCSA Rocky and Undertaker, I'm fairly certain you could ask a good majority of people and they would know who they are.

·
Shooting the birds down from the trees
4,506 Posts
Hogan, Rock and Stone Cold.
Although I guess J.c. would be up there too, as much as it pains me to say it.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Alot of people who don't watch wrestling know Hulk Hogan,Undertaker,Andre The Giant and The Rock.

·
Banned
3,223 Posts
eberybody knows sting as the crow guy that never was in wwe

·
Registered
21,621 Posts
Hulk Hogan and the Rock are the two most famous guys of the current generation who have the largest brand at the moment. Austin was a huge wrestler but he doesn't transcend the sport as much as Taker and Rock do.

·
Banned
735 Posts
Taker, just like sting, is only popular within the wrestling bubble.

Wrestling industry itself is shrinking in popularity. If we are talking superstars who transcended the industry its Hogan,Rock and John Cena.

Only three. While Austin did set the world on fire in prime, he is barely relevant in this era.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Rock first, Hogan and Taker next, in Poland those guys are known not only from wrestling.

Austin im sorry guys, but he's not popular anymore.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hulk Hoan, Austin and The Rock are the obvious three. I'm going to stick myself out there and say if you mentioned John Cena to a non wrestling fan they'd know who he is. The man IS profesional wrestling.

·
Banned
852 Posts
Honestly, as little as 10 years ago, I would've said Andre would be well known outside of wrestling fans, but I'm not so sure anymore. I'd have to go with what most everybody else is saying, and say Hulk Hogan, The Rock and SCSA.

·
This Post Is Rated R
2,755 Posts
The Rock,Stone Cold, Hulk Hogan and John Cena.I know people that have never watched WWE that know who who Cena is so yeah.

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
Obviously The Rock.

1 - 20 of 136 Posts