Wrestling Forum banner

121 - 138 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Re: Most people have forgiven Hogan. It’s the internet that makes it seem like he’s so ‘notorious’.

Never heard anything about that, got a link?

·
Registered
975 Posts
Re: Most people have forgiven Hogan. It’s the internet that makes it seem like he’s so ‘notorious’.

i always bring up shoot interviews.

there are hundreds if not thousands of shoot interviews out there from various wrestlers throughout history. they all talk shit about other wrestlers, air their dirty laundry and make accusations and whatnot.

hogan has been mentioned in PLENTY of them, and he has been called everything under the sun. liar, schemer, manipulator, adulterer, a selfish asshole... but he has never been accused of being a racist. not even by those who can't stand him.

meanwhile teddy long said FLAT OUT that ric flair called him a n----r to his face and no one batted an eye. no outrage, no petition, no removal from the HOF... none of that.

so either the outrage is truly selective or i guess people assume teddy long is just a liar.
yup and the funny thing is how adored ric flair is in the black community.. like he prally still dont like yall!

·
Registered
4,354 Posts

I don't think that many casual fans remember Hogan and his racist words at all. They remember him from the 80s. Tell a random person what Hogan said and they will probably be surprised.

·
Banned
2,427 Posts

While you can certainly be a rich piece of shit, that's not the argument you were trying to make, and we both know it. Hogan didn't make a statement that implies "hey I don't want my daughter dating terrible men". He made a statement on how he's racist and would prefer his daughter not date n*ggers, after fucking his best friends wife.
what can i say i don't read the situation the same as you do, especially when you hear the audio.

"i'm racist a to a point, fucking n----rs"... looks bad when you read it because there is no tonal context whatsoever. but when you listen to the audio it's clear there's no malice and he was just talking shit.

before going on about it he even starts out by saying "i'm not a double standards type of guy"... as in he DOESN'T have a problem with her seeing a black guy. THEN he juxtaposes his degree of racism, in this case calling black people n---rs.

if the most racist thing he's capable of is using the term n----r in an offshoot manner when nobody is around... then his racist tendencies are no different than anyone else's. believe me every single black person in america has said backhanded things about white people too, whether it was in jest or otherwise. it doesn't mean they are full blown racists.

people talk shit.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Most people have forgiven Hogan. It’s the internet that makes it seem like he’s so ‘notorious’.

what can i say i don't read the situation the same as you do, especially when you hear the audio.

"i'm racist a to a point, fucking n----rs"... looks bad when you read it because there is no tonal context whatsoever. but when you listen to the audio it's clear there's no malice and he was just talking shit.

before going on about it he even starts out by saying "i'm not a double standards type of guy"... as in he DOESN'T have a problem with her seeing a black guy. THEN he juxtaposes his degree of racism, in this case calling black people n---rs.

if the most racist thing he's capable of is using the term n----r in an offshoot manner when nobody is around... then his racist tendencies are no different than anyone else's. believe me every single black person in america has said backhanded things about white people too, whether it was in jest or otherwise. it doesn't mean they are full blown racists.

people talk shit.

I’m going to piggy back on this post to just add this.

Hogan is 65 years old. He was born and raised in a different time than we were. He doesn’t want his daughter with a black man and I can understand that when his morals were instilled in him, that was taboo.

How many of us have had our parents or grandparents say something racist or borderline racist or negative against other races? Everyone? Most everyone? Are we supposed to never speak to our grandparents again or hold a grudge against them because of something that they said that doesn’t necessarily align with how things are today?

·
Banned
2,427 Posts

yup and the funny thing is how adored ric flair is in the black community.. like he prally still dont like yall!
snoop dogg called him an "honorary black person" in the epsn doc, whatever that's supposed to mean.

and again i don't even know if ric flair is a racist or to what degree he is a racist, but the fact is barely anybody had anything to say about him after the teddy long interview. there was no smoke at all.

ric flair committed the unforgivable sin of saying something racist... to a black man's face no less... and he gets to be called an honorary black person on espn. the purity brigade just has a history of being very, very inconsistent when it comes to these things.

again i know it's not wrestling related but cardi b confessed she used to drug men and rob them, yet it's turned into a complete non story. her image has taken little to no damage. talk about double standards.

·
Registered
975 Posts

snoop dogg called him an "honorary black person" in the epsn doc, whatever that's supposed to mean.

and again i don't even know if ric flair is a racist or to what degree he is a racist, but the fact is barely anybody had anything to say about him after the teddy long interview. there was no smoke at all.

ric flair committed the unforgivable sin of saying something racist... to a black man's face no less... and he gets to be called an honorary black person on espn. the purity brigade just has a history of being very, very inconsistent when it comes to these things.

again i know it's not wrestling related but cardi b confessed she used to drug men and rob them, yet it's turned into a complete non story. her image has taken little to no damage. talk about double standards.

youd be surprised and dissappointed at how much how "cool" someone is can factor into how "good or bad" something they said is.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts

That says it all.

Imbeciles like the British inbred I quoted have always hated Hogan. The faux-racism he allegedly spewed is just a cheap justification for that hatred.

To those of us who don't suffer from HDS (Hulkster Derangement Syndrome), we realize they were just words. Words, said in the privacy of his own home, and said in the heat of the moment.

Words.

I don't care about words. I care about actions. And decades of Hogan's actions show he is in a no way a racist.

Bottom line: get over it, you whiny fucking snowflakes.
LMAO
Sick burn, bro.

You know, just because I disliked a person for different reasons, before he was overheard telling someone he's a racist ... doesn't mean I can't hate him for being a racist too.

You call me deranged. It's not me that goes online and defends an admitted racist.

The "it's only words" argument is unreal. You realize, saying racist things is literally being racist? People make this argument all the time. I don't accept the differentiation between acting racist (and doing so in private, where you think no one can see and hear you, so cannot possibly be "for effect"), and being racist.

The one makes the other true.

It's only a circular argument because people like you continue to ignore facts and defend him with illogical rubbish. And having to resort to calling people snowflakes just finishes off undermining your whole argument, as you really can't make a good point without just spitting laughable insults as though they're going to have any affect.

Now, if you'll excuse me I have to go and do some more inbreeding with my British family. :x

·
The ONLY Al Snow mark in history
2,129 Posts
To the average person, Hulk Hogan's kind of a big joke.

Also, you will never convince me that whole sex tape thing wasn't a giant work. Including dropping random n-bombs like that.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Several years after his racist outburst at a comedy show, Michael Richards was given a starring role in a sit com on TV Land. I feel society forgives people who make racist remarks if the person really shows that they're sorry for it.

·
Registered
283 Posts
At the end of the day he was talking in what he thought was the privacy of his own home, not gathering a lynch mob on a street corner or running a political party. It's up to him what he does at home basically.

·
Registered
17,497 Posts

There's nothing for me to forgive him for in the first place.

·
Registered
5,587 Posts

Couldn't give a shit about what Hogan said years ago in the privacy of his own home while venting.

I just don't want to see him. Hate his red and yellow superhero schtick. Hollywood Hogan was tolerable, but not much better. As a child of the Attitude Era, I'll never enjoy Hogan's act. I respect the impact of his contributions to wrestling, but I've simply never been entertained by him.

·
Registered
538 Posts
To be honest, what he did was terrible. However in a day and age where politicians are saying much worse, Hogan's case doesn't seem so bad. Should what he did be forgotten? Definitely not. Should he be forgiven? Again, that's a tough one, but it's worth giving him another chance.

·
Registered
753 Posts

Hogan made some very stupid remarks-- and was immediately portrayed as a grand wizard of the KKK. I could understand the ongoing resentment, if there was a documented history of Hogan harboring hatred and taking action (i.e. discriminating against black wrestlers). Everyone has said hurtful things they're ashamed of.

Just this week, Big E even tried to get all self-righteous on Twitter about it. Despite his flaws, Hogan is the biggest star in the history of professional wrestling and put it on the mainstream map. If Hogan never rose to prominence, the WWE and professional wrestling as we know it today might not exist-- and Big E wouldn't have his lucrative seven-figure job.
Speaking of, have Big E or the New Day tweeted/taken a stand regarding the outcome of the Jussie Smollett farce (was caught lying dead to rights and didn't face a single day of jail time and continued to lie)? Likely not.

121 - 138 of 138 Posts