Wrestling Forum banner

See Thread Title.. I'm Not Typing It Out Again. Even Though It's Shorter Than This.

• John Cena

Votes: 11 55.0%
  • Juan Chena

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Jon Can

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Poll Choice

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Big Match John

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Some Other Wrong Opinion

• I'm bored too

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
14,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a discussion about the only correct answer to this thread

·
The Babyface of WF
Defying the role dynamic
17,187 Posts
Probably Hogan tbh 1984-1993 he was protected like crazy and I'll avoid the politics on the safe side.

Cena still put some people over and looks like a charity case compared to Hogan.

Brock until 2019 despite the big gap between 2004-2012 was pretty protected but I thought mentioning him was essential anyway.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Definitely Lesnar, from day 1. In his first run, he massacred Hulk Hogan, beat The Rock on PPV for the title, and beat Taker in his first title defense. Add his wins at KOTR, the Rumble, and being the youngest Wrestlemania main eventer to date, and you can see just how enamoured Vince was with this guy. It took none other than the signing of Bill Goldberg to actually make Lesnar look normal, but by that point Lesnar was so damn coddled and spoiled by WWE that he dumped them for a failed run in the NFL.

His second run was even more ridiculous.

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
This is the greatest poll of all time, of course it's John fucking Cena. That fucking piece of shit.

·
Registered
5,704 Posts
Definitely Lesnar, from day 1. In his first run, he massacred Hulk Hogan, beat The Rock on PPV for the title, and beat Taker in his first title defense. Add his wins at KOTR, the Rumble, and being the youngest Wrestlemania main eventer to date, and you can see just how enamoured Vince was with this guy. It took none other than the signing of Bill Goldberg to actually make Lesnar look normal, but by that point Lesnar was so damn coddled and spoiled by WWE that he dumped them for a failed run in the NFL.

His second run was even more ridiculous.
better to see Lesnar spoiled than Cena. at least Lesnar bulldozing through people is entertaining. Cena's cringe "hustle, loyalty, respect" and pretending like he was in the marines is something I've never enjoyed. Guess kids who see him as their generations Hogan connect with it but found a large portion of his time as the top guy to be the beginning of WWE's decline

·
Premium Member
44,440 Posts
Even as someone who lived through Hulk Hogan, The Undertaker, and the tail end of Andre the Giant....its John Cena. It will always be Cena.

·
Premium Member
17,552 Posts
Technically the Fiend? He took about 14 curb stomps, of which it took at most 3 to pin Lesnar (who people are saying is the most protected). By technicality using finishers as your margin, The Fiend was the most protected wrestler in the history of the business for about 2 weeks.

·
Registered
5,530 Posts
Definitely Cena. Yes, he's taken a loss here and there, but he literally buried the entire WWE roster.

Reactions: Cowabunga

·
Registered
271 Posts
I can see the argument for Cena but certainly in the latter years, he did put various people over. It is a difficult one, Hogan probably is the right answer but if we're talking more recent then for me it's a toss up between John Cena and Triple H.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Technically the Fiend? He took about 14 curb stomps, of which it took at most 3 to pin Lesnar (who people are saying is the most protected). By technicality using finishers as your margin, The Fiend was the most protected wrestler in the history of the business for about 2 weeks.
To then lose to 4 (maybe 5?) fucking spears from a 50+ year old man. WWE booking at it's finest.

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
5,916 Posts
The only correct answer is the Ultimate Warrior. I'm stunned no one else has mentioned him.

In his entire WWE run, spanning 145 matches, Warrior suffered two pinfall defeats, to Rick Rude at WrestleMania V and Sgt. Slaughter at the 1991 Rumble, both of which involved chicanery and outside interference. Only Andre the Giant comes close in terms of level of protection.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Piper.
Do you know how many pinfall losses Piper had in his wwf carreer? 4.

4 pinfall losses is the same ammount as Hogan took from 84-93. But Hogan was the biggest wrestler on the planet and wwe's golden goose. Piper was primarily a heel, and nowhere near the star Hogan was, but still hardly ever took a pin.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
The Undertaker's first babyface run (1992-1998) deserves a mention.

Lost casket match to Yokozuna in 1994 after interference from 10 men
Pinned by Mabel after interference
Lost casket match to Goldust after 2 on 1 interference
Pinned by Mankind after interference
Pinned by Vader after distraction
Pinned by Vader after his tag partner turns on him
Pinned by Kama after his tag partner turns on him
Pinned by Bret Hart after ref hits him with chair
Pinned by Shawn Michaels after debut of Kane
Lost casket match to Shawn Michaels after interference by Kane
Pinned by Kane after interference
Pinned by Kane in four corners tag as he was busy fighting off 2 other guys
Pinned by Stone Cold after low blow
Pinned by The Rock in handicap after 3 on 1 beatdown

·
Registered
4,570 Posts
Prior to his most recent run (and even then there's still an argument in his favor) hard to not give it to Goldberg, his losses in singles matches were only in the single digits and it'd be very hard to call those losses clean. (I mean some were clean in the sense there were no disqualification stipulations so within the rules)

At least Cena and Hogan took their fair share of losses and put people over.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts