Wrestling Forum banner

Most over-used catch phrases

5170 Views 54 Replies 46 Participants Last post by  666_The_Game_666
We've all heard them ad-nauseum for months and years on end.
Some little phrase or cliche becomes popular, and is repeated over and over.
Two that immediately come to mind:

* "Frankly" - VM, I think, started this long ago, and it caught on in a big way. First with his kids, then everyone else. Everyone from the GM to announcers to the lowliest wrestler on the card often preface a statement with "Frankly".
* "Episodic" - I believe this is one of the few times in history that this word has been used. A snazzy way to describe a TV series in one word, its been repeated 100's of times, to remind us weekly how long WWE has been on the air.
One more
* "Best pure striker in the business" - All the announcers have never ceased to tire of reminding us, in every match, that the Undertaker is "arguably, the best pure striker in the business".
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

· Shitting On The Bastards Below
1,268 Posts
We've all heard them ad-nauseum for months and years on end.
Some little phrase or cliche becomes popular, and is repeated over and over.
Two that immediately come to mind:

* "Frankly" - VM, I think, started this long ago, and it caught on in a big way. First with his kids, then everyone else. Everyone from the GM to announcers to the lowliest wrestler on the card often preface a statement with "Frankly".
* "Episodic" - I believe this is one of the few times in history that this word has been used. A snazzy way to describe a TV series in one word, its been repeated 100's of times, to remind us weekly how long WWE has been on the air.
One more
* "Best pure striker in the business" - All the announcers have never ceased to tire of reminding us, in every match, that the Undertaker is "arguably, the best pure striker in the business".
This is not a catch phrase it is mearly a word

· The One Who Knocks
5,640 Posts
"What?"

And I'm sure as hell not referring to Austin. When he did it was hysterical. Maybe the best catch phrase ever. But he hasn't uttered the word on television in 9 years.

The audience, however, still does it all fucking show long through every promo despite the fact it stopped being funny as a running gag pretty much immediately. It has to be very frustrating for the performers.

· Registered
1,684 Posts
wwe universe. :no:

and like someone has already said, the utterly retarded "What?!" chant. Dickheads

· Registered
1,462 Posts
Cena: You can't see me.
Crowd: Cena Sucks! Cena Sucks!
Cena: The champ is here.
Cena: If you smmmelll-

· The Fringe Lunatic
110 Posts
While this isn't a phrase I'm tired of hearing the word "vintage". The Miz hasn't been in the game long enough to have vintage moves. The announcers like to use that word way too much.
Definitely, I am sick of it. And he uses it for so many people. Every other time Orton does a signature move "Vintage Orton!" I just want him to shut the hell up.

Idk what it is about JR but I loved his sayings, Coles sayings just annoy me.

· Registered
2,348 Posts
"What?"

And I'm sure as hell not referring to Austin. When he did it was hysterical. Maybe the best catch phrase ever. But he hasn't uttered the word on television in 9 years.

The audience, however, still does it all fucking show long through every promo despite the fact it stopped being funny as a running gag pretty much immediately. It has to be very frustrating for the performers.
This.

I love the "What?", hell it is in my sig. But it been nearly ten years and enough is enough.

· Banned
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Obviously, individual wrestlers have their own unique catch phrases and buzz words, I was thinking more on the line of things that more than 1 person says.
But whatever, Kennedy screaming his name into the mic used to bug me, and I can sure do without Delrios "But you already knew that" every week.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.