Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Austin with his most likely last stunner on a 70 something year old vince.
Godfather finally got cuffed.
DX acting like they are at their 30th highschool reunion.

I think it's safe to say WWE will cater more to the ruthless aggression era for now on. This whole attitude era nostalgia is played out, it was nice watching it growing up but its way 2 much. They hammered it so much in our face it makes me not even care lol

·
Registered
281 Posts
Re: Most likely we watched the LAST Attitude era reunion show from WWE

Cater more towards Ruthless Aggression? So that means that instead of stunners and beer we get to see Gene Snitsky punt kick a baby one more time! Sign me in!

·
Registered
6,848 Posts

I mean, Boogeyman still turns up to these shows, so I feel as if they've been doing it...there just isn't anyone THAT memorable that doesn't already work there lol

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Cater more towards Ruthless Aggression? So that means that instead of stunners and beer we get to see Gene Snitsky punt kick a baby one more time! Sign me in!
Batista, Cena, Evolution its not just gene snitsky lol

·
Registered
2,215 Posts

The attitude era is still the best era in the company's history so that nostalgia for it will never die. This current era sucks which has way to much importance placed on in ring work than with character development. I wouldn't hold your breath as they will still be relying on AE stars for ratings pops for years to come.

·
Banned
8,135 Posts

I'd have him spill something on someone and then say it wasn't his fault...

Y'know how for a short while they had Farooq doing the DAMN thing in the back?

It should be Snitsky now messing shit up accidentally and then saying It wasn't his fault.

I agree with OP though, Attitude ERA is played out...Move onto RA.

·
Registered
5,245 Posts

I'm down with Cena doing Rap & Batista botch-selling headbutt for Raw's 30th anniversary :trolldog

·
Lifting weights and eating steaks
17,452 Posts

It was A 25th Anniversary of Raw.

The Attitude Era happened for about a sixth of that.

We got the Boogeyman, MVP, Ted Dibiase, Razor Ramon, Michelle McCool amongst others who were part of Raw's history, not the Attitude Era.

I'd rather we had less of these. I still to this day have no idea why they want to continue to bring these older guys back instead of just creating new ones.

·
I know I'm dope, but don't wet that.
10,894 Posts

Rock & dlo wasn't there. Seeing the nation of domination would've been exciting.

Sable couldve showed up.

NO RTC? Or at least ivory would've been different.

·
rasslin
2,808 Posts

in 5 years what do you are they going to do?

bring out Bobby Lashley and Donald Trump and relive the glory days?

relive one of the 30 Cena/Orton feuds?

show us highlights of Scott Steiner and Triple H?

·
Registered
219 Posts

It was A 25th Anniversary of Raw.

The Attitude Era happened for about a sixth of that.

We got the Boogeyman, MVP, Ted Dibiase, Razor Ramon, Michelle McCool amongst others who were part of Raw's history, not the Attitude Era.

I'd rather we had less of these. I still to this day have no idea why they want to continue to bring these older guys back instead of just creating new ones.
Because the current generation is not up to the task..they don't have the look the charisma the presence or the mind of their predecessors....The better question would be why is that the case...you don't "create" a stone cold or a rock or a flair a macho man..you can give a talent better opportunities to bring the most flavour out of them but even then i don't think anyone on the regular roster has the charisma that those guys had..People can hate on the old timers all they want but the fact is they wouldn't need them if the current generation was over..the fact that we still use them as a crutch is proof of that

·
Registered
1,324 Posts

I think it's safe to say WWE will cater more to the ruthless aggression era for now on. This whole attitude era nostalgia is played out, it was nice watching it growing up but its way 2 much. They hammered it so much in our face it makes me not even care lol
Totally agree with the RA comment. Those upcoming reunion shows with Benoit, Eddie, Brock, Angle, HHH, Torrie, and company are going to be great....oh wait.

·
Registered
5,300 Posts

Maybe now we can move on from the past, and instead of obsessing over and relying on the good old days, the WWE can make new stars and make this new era worth something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

TBH I am starting to be more nostalgic for the RA era

·
Registered
219 Posts

Maybe now we can move on from the past, and instead of obsessing over and relying on the good old days, the WWE can make new stars and make this new era worth something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
and in your opinion which wrestlers today are up to the task of becoming crossover bigger than life characters? you don't "make" or "create" new stars that one of the biggest cliché in the business....you either have it in you or you don't and not one of those guys have it it's plain to see...even the last 2 biggest stars in the business bryan and punk would've been midcard talent "at best" in prior eras and they somehow become top dogs in this era because of the lack of bigger than life superstars

·
Registered
1,257 Posts

It's understandable, everybody gets old, that's not the problem.

The problem is that these new eras are not creating memorable moments or characters for us to remember fondly in the future.

·
Lifting weights and eating steaks
17,452 Posts

Because the current generation is not up to the task..they don't have the look the charisma the presence or the mind of their predecessors....The better question would be why is that the case...you don't "create" a stone cold or a rock or a flair a macho man..you can give a talent better opportunities to bring the most flavour out of them but even then i don't think anyone on the regular roster has the charisma that those guys had..People can hate on the old timers all they want but the fact is they wouldn't need them if the current generation was over..the fact that we still use them as a crutch is proof of that
I think there are quite a few charismatic superstars who have the look on the roster. Sadly, they're shackled in a shell that Vince has put them in, mostly out of fear for the safety of their jobs. They're too comfortable.

When people mention the lack of look or charisma on the main roster. I always bring up the same name. The Ringmaster.

Did Austin suddenly GAIN charisma? No. He always had it, he just wasn't allowed to show it. Just like a lot of the guys on the roster.

Vince is quite simply worried that if he allows these guys to be creative, get over and get too popular, they'll fuck off. Just like The Rock did when he was positioned to take over Austin. Just like Lesnar did when he was positioned to take over from The Rock and just like Cena is doing now.

It's almost hilarious that the one guy Vince didn't expect to be the face of his company (Austin) was the one who was the most successful, because the fans wanted him. Anyway, I've gone off on a tangent here.

Sadly, Vince doesn't know how to CREATE stars anymore because for 15 years he's been in the position of pushing ONE guy. Now that guy is leaving him because he got too big, he's doing the exact same thing with another one of his favourites. When he should be looking to have many popular guys at the top, all fighting for that top spot in a competitive environment. But there's no desire because it all ends one way.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts

We still have another geriatric parade coming in October, when Smackdown celebrates it's 1000th episode.

·
Registered
6,848 Posts

The writing doesn't allow it, nor does the current climate of society.

Not to say that the newer guys are on par with the older ones. They both excel in different things, but the writing and freedom those guys had is a lot different to the levels of freedom the newer guys have.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts