Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of course Michael Jordan is the first to come to mind as the results of him being gone for two years speak so loudly, but I would love to hear some thoughts on some others.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Well, the Bulls were really good the year immediately after Jordan's first retirement TBF. But I know next to nothing about baseball and I'd say that most players in the NFL can be replaced to some degree, so I'l also agree with Jordan.

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Peyton Manning also comes to mind as the Colts suffered so badly without him as they had built their entire offense around him

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, the Bulls were really good the year immediately after Jordan's first retirement TBF. But I know next to nothing about baseball and I'd say that most players in the NFL can be replaced to some degree, so I'l also agree with Jordan.
They didn't completely collapse, but there is little doubt that had Michael been there that they would have won the championship.

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
......................... .
7,776 Posts
Messi is probably the best ever to play football, Barcelona's whole system revolves round him, in which time they have won everything possible, he's won player of the year the past 4 years running. 245 goals in 229 games in that time, top scorer in the champions league the last 4 years. Aged 24 he became Barcelona's highest goalscorer, which is pretty ridiculous considering most players play into their mid 30s.

·
Banned
18,819 Posts
Of course Michael Jordan is the first to come to mind as the results of him being gone for two years speak so loudly, but I would love to hear some thoughts on some others.
Nah they didn't too badly but if he didn't leave, there would have been a 98% chance they won both those years and 8 straight.

·
Friends Come And Go,Banners Hang Forever
25,686 Posts
I have a hard time believing that Messi, one player on a stacked team of 11 starters, is the most indispensable player in the history of team sports.

I'll go with Jordan for the obvious reasons that he's the undisputed GOAT in basketball and he plays in a sport where superstars drive the league and there's 5 players on the court at a time.

·
✔
21,671 Posts
it should be made point that messi becomes vital in big games. barca are strong enough to account for 90% of teams without messi. however, it's those 10% of teams that make him so vital. even just an unfit messi meant a hammering to bayern. in the big games he is so, so, so important. the entire barca system has been built around him for years. it's strong enough to drop someone else in against the lower teams, but without him vs the best teams, barca are 10x weaker. at least.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Messi for Barca the last couple of years, no matter what anyone says barca wouldnt have had the success wihout him. And Maradona in 86 For Argentina and for Napoli.
Also dont know if it counts but Johan Cruyff as a historical figure for football but mostly barca, changed the face of the club. He is without a doubt indispensable.

·
It me.
13,505 Posts
Pretty much has to be basketball, just from a numbers stand-point.

It's harder to replace a guy's production when there are so few players on the court/field/ice/pitch.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts