Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching some old SD and Raw shows not too long ago and I saw Husky Harris who obviously became Bray Wyatt and is currently, in my opinion the coolest character and best mic worker in the industry. A drastic change and a huge improvement for Bray.

Throughout history there have been many wrestlers who improved in the ring and had drastic gimmick changes. Who do you think is the most improved wrestler or wrestlers in history?? It doesn't have to be current wrestlers only I just used Bray as an example.

·
Won't shut up about Peyton Royce
17,649 Posts
Juice Robinson

I liked how much Peyton improoved in 2017, too bad she stopped improoving after that

·
Used to be a Dreamer, Dreamin' of a Fire
6,414 Posts
Velveteen Dream is a far, far better promo than he was a year ago.

Nikki Cross has gotten a lot better this year.

Mike Kannelis

Taichi

Brandi Rhodes

·
Registered
5,811 Posts
^^ Worth noting Steve was a very solid talent in WCW and showed us the first glimpses of the superb promo abilities/conviction that largely enabled him to reach the zenith as Stone Cold.

Hard to say in the ring given how much work changes with role changes. For instance, Taker went from embodying a deadman, thus constantly staying off his feet while no selling and only having spurts of offense to eventually becoming arguably the best in-ring 300 plus pound performer in history when healthy. Taker's persona drastically changed post-Mankind feud and with it, we started seeing Taker showcase great working ability in 97, even having fairly technical matches with Bret. That ability was probably always there; Taker's role just called for him not to show much his beginning years. Same with Rock's overall ability going from that putrid debut to the brewing icon he was in 98 (and even in 97 was showing serious flashes of potential).

On the mic, Miz went from being an infamously incompetent promo complete with constant line stumbling and commentary burials (despite Miz being heel) to being one of the best promos in the biz recently and when Jericho isn't there WWE's go-to guy to get a new talent over. Similarly, though never reaching current Miz's level, Sting went from being an awful promo to in TNA being a good promo when I watched. In fairness to Stinger though, his physical presence/charisma was always off the charts unlike Miz.

·
Used to be a Dreamer, Dreamin' of a Fire
6,414 Posts
Miz was top tier on the mic as early as his MVP feud, it's not a recent thing. The Dirt Sheet was a really underrated showcase of his talent and a lowkey influential show too.

But compared to when he came in as a non wrestling talent, yes, big improvements

·
The Empire will Reign again
17,158 Posts
Buddy Murphy. I was a fan of him back in the Dubstep Cowboys but he was just "good" in-ring back then, now he's upper echelon.

Carmella has actually improved a lot since her failed title run.

Rusev. Remember when he was a mute in NXT, wearing a skirt and breaking boards? Now he's a great character and good promo and worker.

Remember Wyatt Family's version of Braun Strowman?

Big E before the New Day had nothing resembling a personality or promo skills.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I was watching some old SD and Raw shows not too long ago and I saw Husky Harris who obviously became Bray Wyatt and is currently, in my opinion the coolest character and best mic worker in the industry. A drastic change and a huge improvement for Bray.

Throughout history there have been many wrestlers who improved in the ring and had drastic gimmick changes. Who do you think is the most improved wrestler or wrestlers in history?? It doesn't have to be current wrestlers only I just used Bray as an example.
I think Husky Harris was the best version of Wyatt. He didn´t do much, but then he didn´t do anything wrong either ;)
As for other wrestlers.. Someone already named Miz -when he started, he could talk, but was sub-par in ring. Today he´s one of the best allround talent they have in WWE

·
The Empire will Reign again
17,158 Posts
Not true. Big E has plenty of personality during his Big E Langston days in NXT. I’d say if anything he’s regressed since they turned him into a dancing clown.

https://youtu.be/ZprH-1Ugk5o
Well NXT Big E was very different from main roster Big E, on the main roster first he was Ziggler's mute bodyguard, then they took away his 5 gimmick, then they tried to make him a preacher, then he was just completely bland.

·
F*** This indy flippy shit
2,227 Posts
Well NXT Big E was very different from main roster Big E, on the main roster first he was Ziggler's mute bodyguard, then they took away his 5 gimmick, then they tried to make him a preacher, then he was just completely bland.
That’s Vince fuckery. Can’t fault Big E. Vince pretty much ruined almost everyone coming out of NXT.

He even fucked up the NXT Wyatt Family gimmick with all the unnecessary supernatural shit., which I thought was impossible at the time.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts