Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
4,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not totally upset by John Cena winning but I'm more or less disgusted by HOW Cena wins.
I was sitting here on the forum watching the trolls troll and thought to myself what was worse?

*Chris Benoit tapping to the STFU*
*Sabu tapping to the STFU*
*Shawn Michaels tapping to the STFU*
*Triple H tapping to the STFU*
Or
*Kurt Angle tapping to the STFU*

In my book Benoit was the worst, but I have to honestly admit that Sabu losing by submission made zero fucking sense. Both destroyed my faith in WWE and wrestling in general and I have a hard time coping with either decision.

So what was worse for you?

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
Guys like Angle and Benoit tapping makes no sense. It should be to another submission expert, not to a guy who is known for just doing power moves like Cena.

·
Registered
4,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Guys like Angle and Benoit tapping makes no sense. It should be to another submission expert, not to a guy who is known for just doing power moves like Cena.
My thoughts exactly. This dude could barely do a headlock and submission experts are losing to his ONE submission hold? That's asinine.

·
Registered
452 Posts
The same examples came to my mind when I read the thread title. The one that broke my heart the most in real time had to be HHH at WM22. I was watching it admist a heavily pro-Cena crowd at a college campus Hooters, and I was cheering loudly for Trips to make the rope. Really a deflating feeling when he tapped.

·
Banned
1,787 Posts
The same examples came to my mind when I read the thread title. The one that broke my heart the most in real time had to be HHH at WM22. I was watching it admist a heavily pro-Cena crowd at a college campus Hooters, and I was cheering loudly for Trips to make the rope. Really a deflating feeling when he tapped.
LOL Hooters but strangely enough as I wasn't at a Hooters I was in college and with a pro Cena crowd. When HHH tapped to that fucking submission I literally felt the end of any legitimacy WWE still had. I loved every detail of that match except the end. If Cena won with the FU okay. But to have Triple H(one of the most over heels of all time)lose like that... was mind blowing.

I mean here is this kid that is the least deserving of his 2004 class, left over from the real stars that left or were held back. Losing to one of the best in ring workers I have ever seen. It was too soon. If Cena had any opportunity to be great it was killed in that match. He should have lost that one and won it later.

·
Registered
4,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The thing about the HHH situation was that I actually expected Cena to win. It was how the lead up was booked. When Edge won the strap I thought instantly Edge/Cena at 'Mania then that was snuffed out less than a month later and I knew it would be H and that he would lose.

At the time Vince was trying to legitimize Cena and he had that shit in overdrive. He was going overboard to make the heels as hated as possible so that Cena would be embraced as a conquering hero. It failed of course, and the heels were cheered more & more.

Enter HHH, a guy so hated and people were so tired of him that nobody would ever want him to win the title again....or so Vince thought, and it blew up in his face and Triple H...TRIPLE fucking H was cheered over Cena.

I was upset and confused but I understood it, didn't like it at all though. Then again I wasn't that big a fan of H, I just hated John Cena.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Triple H and HBK tapping to this idiot? That just pisses me off.

·
Banned
370 Posts
Benoit tapped to Cena? When was this?

Also I hate Wade Barrett, but I still harbor hatred for Cena no-selling a DDT on concrete

Pinning Gabriel in a few seconds and then immediately tapping Wade

·
Registered
452 Posts
You know another thing that really killed me about HHH tapping at 22 and HBK tapping at 23 to Cena was that up until WMXX, I don't believe the Main Event had ever been decided by submission. And HHH tapping to Benoit was, at the time, such a monumental moment on the grandest of stages. To me, it was completely weakened when Super Cena is suddenly able to not just make HHH tap, but also their other competitor taps the next year. I have nothing but respect for Cena the person, but Cena the wrestler/character has ruined a many a night for me.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Oh look an anti-Cena wrestling fan. Take a look at the rare sight everybody.

·
Banned
10,758 Posts
Benoit and Angle-It was ok for me.Cena was destined for greatness.

Shawn-Hbk could put on great matches but his star power was not as great as it was

But HHH was a travesty.The most over heel in WWE history tapping out to this idiot

·
Registered
4,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Benoit tapped to Cena? When was this?

Also I hate Wade Barrett, but I still harbor hatred for Cena no-selling a DDT on concrete

Pinning Gabriel in a few seconds and then immediately tapping Wade
It was at some point in 2006-2007 on RAW. If you feel like punishing yourself its probably on youtube.

·
Registered
15,835 Posts
Pretty much anyone... it always screamed of desperation to get Cena over with everyone once his popularity started to fade with the older crowd: "look look look! New shnazzy submission! SEESEESEE HE WRESTLES GOODS!"

Ugh... at least you could buy the FU.

·
Premium Member
19,291 Posts
Yeah, legendary guys tapping to an STF that isn't even done right just pisses me off. I mean, at least lock the arms tight or apply some pressure. Not just set there comfortably, doing nothing.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts