Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's pretty safe to assume that Hogan is one of the most all time hated Wrestlers in the IWC while CM Punk being the exact opposite.

The thing is, the IWC is full of trends and one day can love a Wrestler and the next one hate him so I created this thread for us to try and remember who were the most hated/loved wrestlers by year by the IWC.

I quickly joined the IWC after I got into Wrestling in 2004 so I still remember when everyone hated Triple H and his reign of terror, the funny thing is that when he returned in late 2005 he became one of the IWC favorites due to Cena taking the most hated one title and people could already tell that these two qould sqaure off at WrestleMania 22.

From mid 2005 to 2007 most of the IWC hated Cena, infact some still do but it's not as strong as before, I don't like Cena at all but I don't hate him as much as during those days of his as Superman.

Batista was quite liked in 2005, mainly because everybody wanted him to kick Triple H's ass ignoring the fact that he was Triple H's pet project, however, by 2006/2007 he was getting backlash and even though 2007 was a good year in terms of workrate for him with good matches against The Undertaker the IWC still hated him and claimed he couldn't wrestle, I remember Batista's threads popping everyday about heim being an ass to someone.

AJ Styles was getting praised all the time from 2005-2007 then, for some reason, most stopped caring for him after he turned or somethign like that not sure since I never followed TNA.

I remember a few days ago when someone made a thread that had links to Wrestling forums in the arly 2000s and some from the Attitude Era as well and that's another reason why I made this thread since I want to know who was hated/loved before 2004 in the IWC, I heard that people complained about The Rock kinda like they do about Cena today, always cracking bad jokes and using the same catchphrases over and over again, want to know if that really was the case.

·
Phantom Thief
17,449 Posts
Everyone hates those who the mainstream audience don't know/care about. Then, if they become big, they start getting hated on. Makes no sense, TBFH. It's just a storyline.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
I wasn't into wrestling that much in 2005, but wasn't Matt Hardy pretty well liked back then and compare that to now

·
Banned
8,283 Posts
Never thought about this before but let me be the first to try my best at making a accurate pick from year to year as far back as I could remember.

Universally hated from the past: Hulk Hogan, Goldberg, Shawn Michaels(mostly by Canadians), Kevin Nash, Vince Russo, and more.

Most Hated: Triple H- Let the sleep with the bosses daughter jokes begin.
Most Loved: Eddie Guererro- I would think it was him.

Most Hated: John Cena- This is where all the shit hit the fan.
Most Loved: Samoa Joe- Joe is gonna kill you urrrrrrr.

Most Hated: John Cena
Most Loved: Edge

Most Loved: Chris Jericho

Most Hated: John Cena, Michael Cole, and Hornswoggle- Shit got angry up in here.
Most Loved: Chris Jericho, Wanting the Attitude Era back and CM Punk

Most Hated: TNA the entire company in general- Yeah I know it's not WWE but the hate for it is immense.
Most Loved: The Miz and Daniel Bryan

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks ViolenceIsGolden, although I think that Undertaker was more liked than Edge in 2007 due to him wiining the Title after so many years.

·
Premium Member
4,072 Posts
Yeah I think Violence pretty much summed it all up nicely, although I think a rather obvious addition to most hated of '07 should be Benoit, even though I personally don't believe in all that.

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
Kurt Angle seems to be this years target.

·
My man
6,506 Posts
Miz is no where near being loved. I'd think it was Bryan this year because of the firing etc. Orton has got a lot of hate this year, as has Cena and even Rey Mysterio mainly because they were all booked to be supermen.

·
Registered
182 Posts
i feel like im gunna cause a shit storm again but most hated this year matt hardy

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Most loved = Zach Ryder/Brian Danielson/Santino/Nexus

Most hated = Cena as per usual

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Never thought about this before but let me be the first to try my best at making a accurate pick from year to year as far back as I could remember.

Universally hated from the past: Hulk Hogan, Goldberg, Shawn Michaels(mostly by Canadians), Kevin Nash, Vince Russo, and more.

Most Hated: John Cena, Michael Cole, and Hornswoggle- Shit got angry up in here.

Most Hated: TNA the entire company in general- Yeah I know it's not WWE but the hate for it is immense.
Pretty much that, although I would add Benoit in as the "Most Loved" of 2004 along with Eddie. I also would contend that JBL might actually have been more hated by the IWC in 2004 than Triple H was.

·
Resident Old Man
3,677 Posts
Most hated = anyone that achieves success, eventually the IWC will crap all over them.

Most loved = just about anyone that comes from the indys to the WWE, and hasn't achieved success yet. Once they achieve success, put them on the hated list.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
In 2010:

Most hated: Dixie Carter, Vince Russo, Randy Orton, David Otunga, Abyss

Most loved: Daniel Bryan, The Pope, MCMG, Shawn Michaels, Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Justin Gabriel

·
Premium Member
4,072 Posts
Most hated = anyone that achieves success, eventually the IWC will crap all over them.

Most loved = just about anyone that comes from the indys to the WWE, and hasn't achieved success yet. Once they achieve success, put them on the hated list.
This, although I'd like to include in the hated list anybody that is actually achieving success, but only as a heel. Once they turn face, suddenly their SKILLZ¬!!1 all disappear and they're 'stale'.

·
Phantom Thief
17,449 Posts

You forgot punk in 2010

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
From my perspective :

Most Loved of 2010 : Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, MCMG, Kurt Angle, Zach Ryder, The Miz
Most Hated of 2010 : John Cena, Randy Orton, David Otunga, Hulk Hogan, Abyss, Matt Hardy

1 - 20 of 26 Posts